Stone Circle At every occasion, I'll be ready for the funeral
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
All Welcome 
Forward dated to 2/2 if that's okay with everyone
@Stag @Siarut @Nanook

Please allow stag to post first <3

edit: back dating to 1/19 to make it fit in taki's timeline properly

The journey here had been uneventful, thankfully. She had been nervous to travel so far with Stag, him being her only remaining child, but she wanted him to meet his uncle and possibly his new aunt. She had made sure to travel at a slower pace than she would have had she been on her own, as well as making sure to find somewhere safe to rest last night. On the way there, she had explained to Stag who Sia was. She had referred to him as his uncle Siarut, though, not wanting him feel obligated to use her pet name for her brother. She had also told him who Nanook was.

The sun had just risen when they neared the borders of Easthollow. She stopped just outside them, looking to Stag and waiting for him to stop next to her. She wondered what he thought of all this. So many times, she worried this might be a mistake. She worried she was just throwing more chaos in his life at time when he needed stability more than anything. But in the end, she wanted him to know Sia and Nanook. She dipped her head towards stag and gave him a reassuring look, then she turned back towards the borders and called to their family to come meet them.
Inuttuk
Common

i'm defeated and i gladly wear the crown
266 Posts
Ooc —
Stag followed alongside his mother, eyes ever ahead. He took in the road with wide-eyed wonder, often pausing slack-jawed as they came to some new marker. He was well outside of his home - as a homebody, this journey was something of an exotic sojourn the further they went.

He was excited to meet the wolves Takiyok told him of, but he was a little nervous too. What if they didn't like him? What if they thought he was boring, or worse, stupid? What if they expected him to be like his mama, or like Stigmata, and they were sorely disappointed? He bit his lower lip as Takiyok looked upon him reassuringly, fussing privately to himself as she howled.

Now, all they could do was sit and wait.
and it brings me to you, but i won't just past through
i'm not asking for a storm.  
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg

With recent events in mind, Siarut had been found along the border more and more often. Often waking early and patrolling for hours on end. The trespasser has startled him. The man had grown complacent and soft in this southern pack, and now there could have been serious consequences to pay for his transgressions. A scowl was deeply set along his brow when his sister’s song permeated to air.

Turning toward the sound with surprise and excitement, his previous foul mood was abated for now. He made light work of the distance, his long legs and large paws traversing the land with ease. “Taki!” He called approaching quickly. His tail swayed easily behind him, and a genuine smile spread across his lips.

It took him no time at all to notice the large limbed youngster at her side. Pride swept through him seeing the latest generation of the Ateneq line practically grown. Siarut looked between his sister and his nephew, waiting for a proper introduction.
Inuttuk, Common

[Image: nsUn6t6.png?1]
{1/5} | {2/10}

948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
very sorry for the wait

Siarut didn't make them wait very long. Soon he was approaching them at the border, greeting her excitedly. She smiled and dipped her head, returning his greeting before introducing her son. Sia, this is Sivullik, she started. He goes by Stag. She then turned to her son. Stag, this is my older brother and your uncle, Siarut. She could tell Stag was nervous. It seemed like he was nervous about any kind of change, which she hoped he would grow out of. She wondered if it was a symptom of losing his father so young and in such a traumatic way. She glanced between her son and her brother, waiting to see how they would interact. As angry as she had been with Sia, she had always thought about this moment in the back of her mind. Before she had children and before there were problems between them, she had always looked forward to having Sia around to help raise her children. She just wished that he could also meet them rest of them now; the thought squeezed her heart painfully, and she pushed it from her mind, determined not to ruin this moment for anyone.
Inuttuk
Common

266 Posts
Ooc —
A man that bore striking familial resemblance to Stag's mother arrived. Stag, still tightly tucked to Takiyok's side, watched the male warily. At first glance, Siarut was an immense sight to take in -- Stag was particularly caught off guard by the northerner's eyes -- which were a simmering shade not so far from his own.

He dipped his head as he was introduced, glancing back to his mother in quiet insecurity. She was speaking artfully in their native tongue, yet for all of his teachings, words suddenly failed him now. He never knew what to say at these things, and preferred to mostly be quiet. That wasn't possible here, where he could tell both his mother and uncle were looking upon him expectantly, awaiting his response. "Hello," Stag said shyly, his tail held to the side in friendly-yet-unsure neutrality.
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg

Siarut offered a warm smile and the nod of his head. “Hello.” He was surprised to see the similar coloring of their eyes, he definitely looked like an Ateneq. “I’ve waited a long time to meet you Sivullik.” And it was true. Since he had learned of his sister’s pregnancy just before leaving the last time, Siarut had longed to meet the children of his closest family. The bond of family that ran so strong and see deep in the north, was now waxing and waning. With only two Ateneq’s still in the area, where they had once lingered strong.

Siarut’s tail drifted behind him, and he sat back flopping to his side. Stag was not a puppy, but Siarut was still much larger than him. The yearling still growing. There was no reason for the youngster to feel so uncomfortable.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
She watched the interaction between her son and her brother, realizing that she had waited for this for a long time. She only wished Sia could meet all her children. Stag seemed nervous, but that was his usual when dealing with something new. She wanted to shift closer and reassure him, but she knew he needed to find his own confidence and learn to reassure himself in these situations. Otherwise, he would never grow into the strong, confident man she knew he could be. This was a good opportunity for him, too. Taki knew that no harm would come to him here, and so she remained in the background, allowing two of the most important wolves in her life to learn more about each other.
Inuttuk
Common

266 Posts
Ooc —
Sivullik. His uncle spoke his natal name; Stag's ears pulled forward, finding Takiyok's gaze for confirmation before he looked back to Siarut. Siarut, blood but stranger -- Stag could not put his buzzing nervousness at ease. What was he supposed to say back? Did his uncle expect him to say anything impressive?

"Um.. Me, too.." His words propped into the air. Stiff. Awkward. He sniffed, looking to the ground as he tried to squeeze his mind out like a sponge. Say something, you idiot. Say something, so your uncle doesn't think you're a soft-witted hare. "Do you live here?" While the answer seemed obvious, Stag's gaze was mostly turned to the stones in the distance that rose like thin columns of smoke against a pale sky. "What are the stones?"
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
we should probably wrap this one up.... im good to archive here unless you both would like to continue. i apologize for my late reply

Siarut smiled softly, and gave an affirmative nod. "Yes I live here with my mate and her family. I'm sure you'll meet Nanook one day." Sia looked up at his sister for a moment. He was never to sure how she felt about his wife. He knew if they spent any meaningful amount of time together they could probably get along pretty well. But that had yet to happen, despite the length of time he had been with Nanook. The boy's following question pulled his attention back on the youngest Ateneq generation.

"The stones are a sacred place to the wolves of Easthollow. It is where they bury their dead, and where they can go to feel closer to those who have left them for the next world. It wasn't often that he looked upon the stones. He knew that Nanook and her sister often spent time amongst the towering rock, but Siarut had yet to find any sort of pull. Although he assumed it was because none of his own loved ones resided there. He was much farther removed from the fallen members of his own family.

The group didn't wander far from the border of the territory. Takiyok and Siarut having idle conversation, and Sia was sure to ask his nephew questions about his life and the territory he grew up in. Of course he answered any questions the boy could think of with as much detail as he could muster.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}