Emberwood When the smoke could cover the sun
163 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
Soon Nieve would need to head home. It'd been six days since she left Rusalka on her scouting trip and she'd promised Rosalyn and Erzulie that she'd return by week's end. She was enjoying her time alone in the taiga so much that it was hard to want to return home at all, but she would never leave her mothers worrying about her. She knew all too well what it felt like when someone left, and as unsure as she was about things, Rusalka was home. Nieve had hope for improvement with Rosalyn and Erzulie serving as Betas, so she had that to look forward to, at least.

She was drawn through a maple forest and a frozen wetland, a different direction than she'd first come, but it would bring her back to the mountains all the same. That was how she found the dense forest of aspens, although from afar she'd thought it dominated by conifers. Up closer she could see that the aspens were actually predominant. Nieve wanted to delve into it and explore, but she was stopped abruptly by pack scent markers and she took several steps back out of respect for the claim.

As with Whitebark Stream, curiosity soon seized her and she sent out a quick summons, hoping to ask someone what this pack was.
and i've found that in every man there's a child
128 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Small, fluttering calls emitted from the marked fringes of the Uaine's territory. The male did not trust himself to let his silvered tongue offend sensitive minds and eyes, but the mental decease of his ally, his beloved friend had rendered his ire to its knees, as he had no promise of energy these passing days.

You call for the members of Uaine Gorsedd. How may I help you?❞
place holder
[Image: ezgif-7-849c01d20f4e.gif]
common & german 
currently without memories, has a huge head scar of a four pointed star
on left side of head and one lip scar under left eye.

❛i'm an ungodly man, so i'll take the chance.❛
163 Posts
Ooc —
A sentinel was quick to arrive, a male wolf with an ashy grey coat that darkened on his head, back and forelegs. His brown muzzle and brows gave the distinct impression that he'd just finished a digging session moments prior, even though it was just how his fur was. Nieve's eyes found the smooth scar tissue on his right shoulder and lingered there for just a moment before she remembered herself and lowered her body into a submissive bow.

Oh! she exclaimed when Awol introduced the name of the pack. This is U... Uaine Gorsedd? I thought you were a different pack! Next came the part she wasn't the best at, but Erzulie in action had given Nieve a lot of ideas for how to handle herself. The game was simple: get as much information as possible while volunteering as little as possible. Seemed simple enough. Erzulie certainly made it look easy.

I met a wolf named Bhe once. I'm Nieve, said the girl. She said she was from Uaine Gorsedd, but I smelled her by another forest further north of here. She moved? Or maybe Uaine Gorsedd had split and the two packs were allied. Or maybe Uaine Gorsedd was the pack in the north but they'd changed their name and a splinter group claimed it. The possibilities really were endless. She invited me to come visit, you see. I was curious about your council.
128 Posts
Ooc —
Away
The soft, familiar mentions of the midnight fae made him hesitant for heartbeat-measured moments. ❝Bheidya no longer resides here. She left after she felt threatened by her crazed mate, Pygmalion.❞  
place holder
common & german 

163 Posts
Ooc —
Oh, said Nieve, who was taken aback by Awol's blasé delivery of the news. Not specifically the news that Bhediya was gone, because that was obvious, but the news that she had a deranged mate who'd threatened her. Why would you say that so easily? she wondered, but didn't ask.

That's... unfortunate for her, Nieve went on, clearly at a loss for what to say. It seemed like personal news and it felt inappropriate to comment further on it, considering her relationship with Bhediya was practically nonexistent. Awol hadn't volunteered any information about the pack's council, either, which was really what she'd come for. Um, I wanted to ask about your leadership structure. It sounded very different from other packs I've heard of.
128 Posts
Ooc —
Away
The slowly grew suspicious of the golden fae onslaught of inquiries concerning the inner working of Gorsedd, but he continued to answer promptly with a short tone, ❝ We have for members the complete the court, the archdruid, paladin, mage, and then bard, all ranked respectively.❞

He scoffs dismissively.❝ Bhediya has no business with us anymore as far as I can see, so I shouldn't even be telling you this, especially if she sent you here. She made her choice, and got herself into a mess and abandoned us with a crazed bastard on her ass. Why do you even want this information?❞
place holder
common & german 

163 Posts
Ooc —
Awol answered with more incomplete information, offering the names of the positions but failing to explain how exactly the whole council thing worked. As he grew suspicious of her, Nieve grew impatient with him. Bhediya had seemed like a reasonable wolf who had no problem entertaining the questions of a curious youth from a reclusive pack, but Awol's clipped tone gave her the distinct impression that he was annoyed. That was confirmed moments later when he commented on Bhediya once again.

There wasn't much that ruffled Nieve's feathers, but Awol managed to. How can you even say that? she asked before she could stop herself. She was your packmate. You know, she really made this pack sound like a nice place and invited me to come and learn more about your council because I was curious when she visited my pack, but you're being really, really rude! About Bhediya. Toward Nieve. It didn't really matter which. If she had the information right, Bhediya left because her mate was a psycho—and Awol was victim blaming.

I don't think I care to know anymore, said Nieve, fixing Awol with a disgusted look before turning and leaving, giving him no space or opportunity to say anything further. She'd thought Uaine Gorsedd was supposed to be a pack of caring individuals, but perhaps she'd assumed wrong. Just because Bhediya was nice didn't mean her pack was... which seemed true of herself and Rusalka these days, too.