Whitebark Stream I remember when we were young
163 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
Backdated to Jan 28!

Nieve's long-ranging steps carried her with ease across across valley and through forest. It felt good to get out, stretch her legs and shed her worries from back home, and none could deny the beauty of the taiga. Clear streams, cold air and an endless blanket of white. Erzulie was right: the snow was wonderful. Along the way the golden girl took occasional breaks to just frolic, laughing in a carefree manner, careless whether she was seen or not. So she didn't have a lot of friends back home; she didn't need them! She had herself.

The fourth day brought her the scent of congregated wolves, along with the vaguely familiar aroma of Bhediya. Wondering if this was Uaine Gorsedd, Nieve followed the scent on the breeze until she found the scent markers surrounding a lovely alpine forest. Stopping a respectful distance from them and arranging herself into an appropriately submissive yet curious stance, Nieve tilted her head back and loosed a quiet, lilting howl. Nothing urgent, it said, but I'd like to know about you!
and i've found that in every man there's a child
44 Posts
Ooc — Kaiya
Is it fine if this is in the morning?

As usual, Kora woke up at the early break of Dawn and simply wandered. She had been up for a while when she heard a peaceful howl from the edge of the border. Calmly, the woman set off in that direction, limping until she got in view then she began walking on her foot. Kora swept upon the visitor with a kind demeanor, smile, and wagging tail.

With her happy disposition, the woman greeted the other: "Kia ōkawa! Hello there! My name is Kora and this is Whitebark Stream. May I assist you?" The woman stayed patiently, waiting for an answer as she allowed her lavender eyes to scan the wolf before turning her gaze to the gorgeous horizon as to not make awkward eye contact.
Kora has a limp and doesn't usually walk on her right forepaw, walking with three legs instead of four, so you're always welcome to reference that! When she speaks Maori it will look like this! <3
163 Posts
Ooc —
Yup!

Having grown up in a reclusive and territorial pack, Nieve was expecting whoever came to meet her to be standoffish at best. Compared to that, the warm greeting she got from Kora was downright delightful. Should she truly have expected anything less? She recalled Bhediya being similarly warm and open, so it followed that the members of her pack would have similar personalities.

Except the lovely off-white she-wolf had referred to this pack as Whitebark Stream, not Uaine Gorsedd. Nieve was puzzled, but was very careful to keep it from showing on her face. Nieve didn't overlook the woman's unusual forepaw, but made no comment on it. Clearly it didn't hinder her much and it wasn't like the golden Dahomey to ask strangers about their bodies. Hi, thanks for coming, she breathed, angling her muzzle downward and tucking her tail in polite deference to Kora.

I recognized a scent here. Is Bhediya one of your leaders? She visited my pack some time ago to introduce herself as a neighbour, in hindsight, Whitebark Stream was really far away from Rusalka, wasn't it? I was just wondering if this is the pack she was talking about, but she called it something else. Starting with a U?
44 Posts
Ooc — Kaiya
The other lady went on to ask if Bhe was one of the pack's leaders. "Oh, I'm sorry. Our leader is Dawn." Kora answered kindly. The other pack she hadn't even known the name of it, she couldn't recall ever hearing of such a pack. "The other pack you speak of, I do not know it. If she is here I have not met her," she responded honestly.

Kora had noticed the lady's respect and assumed it would be quite alright if she called Dawn to answer the woman's question. "If anybody knows Bhediya it would be Dawn though. I will call her, she may be able to answer your questions." Keeping her promise Kora called for her leader. A simple request for the @Dawn to come and assist her for a moment, just a fraction of her day to help Kora answer a few questions. 
Kora has a limp and doesn't usually walk on her right forepaw, walking with three legs instead of four, so you're always welcome to reference that! When she speaks Maori it will look like this! <3
163 Posts
Ooc —
Curious. Nieve could've sworn she smelled Bhediya on the pack borders, but now that she drew a few more breaths in, she noted that the scent was faint and faded. Excitement's keen arms had swept her past the point of reason, and now she was forced into the embarrassing realization that Bhediya probably wasn't even here anymore.

Kora didn't know anything about Uaine Gorsedd or Bhediya, but she knew someone who might. Oh, that's qui— but before Nieve could politely decline, Kora's voice was already crooning from her pale throat in a low howl. Nieve winced. She didn't want to have to talk to another pack's leader about her stupid mistake in scenting their borders, nor did she have a particular need for information about Whitebark Stream. The name and location was quite enough, and Kora had already supplied her with the Alpha's name as well. More than enough information.

It's okay, honest! I actually can't hang around. It wasn't strictly true—she had time, if she wanted to make time—but, unfortunately for Kora, Nieve didn't want to. It was a shame, for she liked the border guard who'd come to meet her, but she just didn't want to get tied up in any kind of interrogation over a wolf who was no longer even here. She felt guilty that Kora already called for Dawn, but... well, she hadn't exactly asked her to. Thanks for letting me know she's gone, though. See you around?

Sorry to end this kind of abruptly; I need to cut back on threads and this seemed like an okay place for Nieve to bail out!
44 Posts
Ooc — Kaiya
The woman then refused to meet with Dawn. A strange but comforting occurrence, now Kora wouldn't have to sit back while awkward questions where thrown about so she simply barked an apology to @Dawn and whatever activity she had impeded on (if she had impeded on any) and looked back the woman. "I understand," she said simply with a dip of her head. 

"Of course, I consider you a friend of Whitebark. Have a lovely rest of your day!" A friend was possibly an overstatement, but if the lady really knew one of the members she surely wasn't an enemy. Nor did Kora have any reason to despise the girl, so for the time, she was an ally at least. The creamy woman would allow the other to leave on her own accord as she walked peacefully on, going on a quick circle of the border before heading back inward.
You're good! No need to overwork yourself! <3
163 Posts
Ooc —
Thank you, you as well! said Nieve with a polite, warm smile before turning and heading off. She would remember the name and location of this pack, to be sure, and would bring that information back to Rusalka for their consideration. Whitebark Stream was too far removed from Rusalka to be any concern of theirs, but knowledge was power, was it not? She was glad to have something to show for her visit, even if she'd made a mistake in assuming Bhediya was here.