Stone Circle hello daughter; bye, son
201 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
@Greyback rumor is u can spree ? ? ? ? 

Leta had successfully taken down a hare in the cover of the night. She had learned that she was more difficult to see in that time and if she moved very slowly, her odds of success increased exponentially. It was not without pride that Leta carried the fat critter toward her father; she had brought plenty to her mother in her time of isolation and now, it was time to give some to her father too. Leta was a grateful girl; she had not been aware of it when she was younger but she was definitely aware of it now. Her parents had sacrificed a lot on behalf of herself and her siblings during the famine, and she would never forget it. 

She followed an old scent trail and hoped it would yield to fresher tracks. More often than not he was at the borders but she was hoping that at this hour she might be lucky enough to catch him elsewhere. Mercenary matters would never be her specialty; she hated to fight, and was much too submissive to greet anyone at the border with any real authority. Thinking she might have found a more recent trail of his around these parts, Leta adjusted her course to follow it.
"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
Greyback laid beneath a willow tree deep within the forest, his large figure obscured by the cover of it's shadows. He had been mulling over the recent events of the pack—mainly the fear he had accidentally placed in the hearts of his wolves, and the distrust that had grown between Valette and him. He was lucky enough to be forgiven, but there was an apparent air between the two leaders. It was thick, suffocating at times as it stirred an anxious feeling in his gut. But perhaps that was his fears talking...

He flicked his ear to the sound of gentle steps coming to the side, and with a squinted gaze the man raised himself into a sitting position with feeble legs. His joints creaked, aching in their old age, protesting as they struggled to hold up the demoted Patriarch. "Leta," he greeted, sniffing at the air with a greying smile as she approached. "What brings you to me, my star?"

201 Posts
Ooc —
Leta spotted him; as he got up slowly the young girl beamed. She was unaware of the aches that came with his age; he was invincible, this man before her, her father. Prey in tow she pranced toward him in giddy little steps, ears cupping forward slightly as he called to her by her moniker (which she loved, too, as surely as she loved the stars). I brrgh- realizing she was talking with her mouth full, another muffled sound—a laugh—came from her as she sheepishly ducked her head. 

She deposited it before him, head still dipped; she was embarrassed for her lack of manners which her parents both ensured she had. Ah, sorry—I brought you a snack! I caught it myself, her tail waved behind her as she looked up at him, moving then to give him a kiss on the chin hello in a submissive show of affection and adoration for her father. Leta was scared of many things, but never her father.
"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
She smiled back as she approached him, and Greyback looked upon her with such fondness. Leta had grown in recent months, aging more and more to look almost exactly like her mother 'cept for the ruddy brown in place of her mother's grey pelt. The resemblance was uncanny at least. While he had hoped that each of his children would spot a healthy mix of both Valette and him, it seemed Leta and West were the odd ducks.

He chuckled as her voice was muffled by the hare, and dipped his head in thanks to her for the meal once she set it down. It was a good rabbit, medium sized and more than enough to fill a belly for a decent while. "You did well," he praised, turning to give her a loving kiss of his own that was much more slobber than affection to her cheek. He was proud of her, proud of all his children.

"Tell me about your day," he offered while slowly sliding to lay back down again.

201 Posts
Ooc —
Leta beamed when he mentioned he was proud of her; the praise warmed her inside and out. Moving to nose him again, and offering a playful blech! at his very wet kiss, Leta soon settled alongside him to lay with him. She moved to rest her head against one large paw; she could no longer fit in between his arms and rest there like she used to, but she often liked to use whatever part of her father she could as a pillow. As he asked about her day, Leta said: well, I went hunting... I... I tried to get a few more rabbits but could only get this one, she admitted, ears flattening in shame for a moment before they flicked upward again, rebounding quickly: but I'll get better! Soon I'll bring you five hares to eat! And uhm, well, I wanted to look at the stars again tonight... she finished. Hunting took up most of her time today, thanks to the several failures. 

Leta had a question and wondered if her father might know. Hey, dad, so, you know how wolves have names??? Do you think that stars do, too??? She queried, her hazel eyes watching him with apt interest. Leta was a firm believer that her parents knew all, and if they didn't they always knew what direction to point her in.
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
He watched as she nestled down beside him, her weight and warmth radiating into his side. Greyback adjusted himself at that, tucking his hind legs in and wiggling slightly to find a more comfortable position of his weight so he wasn't leaning so heavily into her. When he settled, he smiled down at where her head laid upon his paw and forearm. 'cute...' he thought.

As they laid there the man chose the moment to dig into the rabbit, gripping it with his free paw and tucking it inwards to his chest where he could tear away at the fur with his front teeth before spitting it out. "My dear, if you bring me five hares I might get fat again!" He said in feign shock before bellowing out a laugh. "But im sure you'll be able to do so in no time. You just need practice. Why don't you ask your brothers to join you? Im sure you all can share your ideas." Greyback had tried to get his kids to interact more, hoping they would form a deep bond and keep close. He'd hate to have yet another one of them run off...

He gulped down more cartilage than meat in the next bite while Leta asked about the stars. He cocked his head at that, looking upwards to where the specs filtered through the treetops. The forest wasn't an ideal place to stargaze, but it would have to do for now. "Hmmm," he hummed. "Perhaps. Why do you ask?"

201 Posts
Ooc —
Leta giggled at his proclomation; she had never remembered him being fat, but thus was the idolization of a daughter of her father. At his suggestion she waved her tail and nodded. That's a great idea!!! she expressed with ample jubilance, tail whisking left and right. Leta was not the most creative of hunters; her energies went more into imagining things pertaining to the stars. 

I... I was just wondering, really. All things have names, but the stars seem different—like wolves. Some are big, some are small... some are bright and some are not so bright. Some are always there but some... leave, she explained, gaze shifting from him to the stars then. Kinda like us. And we have names, she said, so I think... I think the stars should, that was just her opinion of course, but he did not know. 

Leta said: you see that one??? pointing to the brightest star of them all, I would call that... Dadmom star. The brightest and the best, real creative, that, was it not? She was gesturing to the North star, and Leta frowned and wrinkled her brow as she looked back to her dad. That doesn't sound like a good name. But I love it, and I love you, and I love mom, she huffed, wanting to give them something as wonderful as that star.