Stone Circle Keep Holding On
lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
All Welcome 
@Emrik is traveling with her, please let him post first then it's free game! Maybe only one person not including @Valette and @Greyback just to keep things moving once one of them gets here. This is counting towards a trade thread :) backdated to like Jan. 23 or 24th

It was days since the roan woman started her travels and it was only now that she approached the wide fields and towering stones. It was a sight all too familiar to the mountain wolf, but she did not have time to reminiscent. Her visit was strictly visit this time, although she would have loved to stay for a bit.

Somewhere along the mountains, Emrik had caught up to her, and while she insisted she was fine to make the trip alone, she appreciated the man's dedication to come anyways. It was safer to travel with others, the Count knew that, especially when her leg was still weak. Ira glanced back to her companion, The stones mark Easthollow's land. It's hard to miss them so locating this pack shouldn't be too hard if you come back alone.

Perhaps she should bring more members with her when she traveled to their ally. Most had only heard of the pack by name and if she were to be honest, most probably had no idea where Easthollow was located. She added it to her ever-growing mental list of things that she had to tend to as the Count stopped at the borders to howl for anyone nearby. As they waited for someone to appear, Ira couldn't help but wonder if one of her siblings would greet her this time. How big were they now? It had been a long time since she last visited.
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
149 Posts
Ooc — Keg

A restlessness had settled in his stomach when the count announced her departure to the pack a few days ago. It didn’t feel right, the thought of Ira travelling alone. And then Speedy had mention her still healing leg, and her concern for Ira’s wellbeing. Finally his decision was made, he couldn’t let he go alone. You never know who you might encounter. And so with a quick goodbye to Speed and the kids, Emrik tracked down the Count amongst the mountains.

The trek hadn’t been overly difficult, but they had travelled quiet a distance. Emrik could feel his jaw fall at the right of the stones, he had never seen anything like it. “Definitely couldn’t miss those.” He mumbled to himself with a nod to Ira. He had been paying attention to all their surroundings and the paths that Ira choose. He was still so new to the Wilds, and he was realizing he would have to try harder to learn this land as well as he knew his home the Creek.

Ira’s howl flowed easily and free from her lips. Eager to met others, Emrik shifted from one paw to the other, anxious at the prospect.

Common

"Well, we'll just have to get to know each other a little better."

{0/5} | {0/5}
{1/5}
201 Posts
Ooc —
Ira's familiar voice summoned Leta, firstly, it seemed. 

Tending to the borders was not something she typically did; Leta preferred to practice her hunting skills and contribute to the packs caches and stargazing more than meeting strangers. But the voice belong to no stranger, and so the girl galloped to the borders, excited as all get out. It had been a while since Leta had seen Ira, but the girl plainly adored the woman as only a little sister ever could. 

The Easthollow youth was not so small anymore. It was different beholding Ira from near-equal ground (stature wise, in any case) than from below, though as she approached she was not observant enough to get a handle on the extent of all their physical differences. Whatever they were meant nothing to Leta in any case, who knew nothing of how size could help in tasks and the like. The stranger with Ira went ignoring, temporarily, as Leta crowed: Ira!!! And sought to greet her with excited whines and nudges before she recalled someone else was there. 

Stepping back, Leta remained friendly as ever. A friend of Ira's was a friend of hers, as far as she was concerned. Hi!!! I'm Leta! Who're you? she greeted warmly, scarcely giving the other time to breathe before continuing on, I'm sure mama or pa will be here to meet you any minute now! They were never far from the borders after all. Hazel gaze again turned to Ira: how are you???!
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
It would not take long for a brown figure to bolt towards the boarders. At first, the Count mistook it for Valette from color alone, but as the young girl approached it was clear from the call that it was Leta. How she had grown, in all honesty, she almost looked like an adult, but there were small details that gave away her sister.

A rare smile sat upon the roan wolf's maw as Leta pressed against her. She returned the friendly greeting leaning her head into the young girl's side offering a few licks to her shoulder. You grew so fast, it's good to see you. Ira tilted her head towards Emrik with a short chuckle, Emrik, this is my little sister, Leta.

Emrik resides with me in Kaistleoki. He decided to see that I made it to Easthollow safely now that the quakes are no longer affecting us. I was actually hoping to exchange updates between our packs, there's been some good and bad. I suppose mostly bad, but we are alright. Her eyes jumped past the figure of her sister to look for anyone else. Leta was right, usually, Valette or Greyback would be close behind a call, but for now, they were alone. Leta wasn't a kid anymore though, there was no need to really be on her or her siblings' tails.
149 Posts
Ooc — Keg

They didn’t have to wait long before a brown blur was bounding toward Ira. Given the Count’s laid-back, happy demeanor; and Leta’s strong Easthollow scent, Emrik was quickly able to relax. Her speedy approach having peaked his nerves. At Ira’s introduction, Emrik dipped his head an easy going smile tilted his lips.

“Nice to meet ya Leta.” He normally would have relaxed further, perhaps taking a seat, but he didn’t. Emrik had no intention of lounging along an ally’s border. First impressions were important, and he wouldn’t let Ira down by giving her step-mother any reason to find fault.

Common

{0/5} | {0/5}
{1/5}
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette was quick to respond to the howl. However apparently not quick enough. The matriarch trotted to the borders and noticed that he daughter was already there. Valette smiled when seeing her so excited. The female made her way down the hill to the pair. One of them she knew instantly, Ira.

Valette trotted closer hearing the excitement levels from Lets miles away. “Ira! So good to see you,” she beamed as well. Valette’s tail was wagging and she stepped closer to give Ira a snuggle. She missed the girl dearly. ”And Who is this?,” she asked curiously.
201 Posts
Ooc —
Leta beamed all the more at her sisters observations. Now that the prey had returned she was filling out into what would be her norm by way of build; she would never be quite so big as their father. Rather she would look most like her mother, who Leta did not know was on her way to them then. Nice to meet you too, Emrik!!! She greeted cheerily, though when Ira's words set in she frowned. Oh, no... mostly bad??? Leta frowned at that; she hoped that they would be able to share some good news to help Ira feel better. Would that help? What would help??????? 

Valette came to save the day from her own thoughts, as Leta had nearly fallen into an unresponsive "404: Error" in trying to find the best way to make her sister happy. She did not seem sad, but bad news was not good and had to make her feel something not good. Still close to Ira, Leta turned to move beside her mother. Their similarities could be better noted there; it was still strange for Leta to stand alongside her and not beneath her, too. Offering a submissive greeting kiss to her chin, Leta darted to her side. 

That's Emrik, mama, she informed, happy to show her mother she had listened and could be helpful at the borders... sometimes. He made sure she got here safely, 'cause of the quakes in the past, she added helpfully, tail waving between her legs. She was glad those quakes were gone. That was something she did not miss.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Even with Leta's speedy arrival, Valette had ensured a swift entrance as always. The Count leaned into the familiar touch of the Matriarch just as she had with Leta before stepping back. Her sister beat her to the punch on introductions but pressed for the answers she brought. It's nice to see you too. I meant to visit sooner, but I'm afraid I was a bit compromised.She only offered her raised leg to show the large gash that covered her right thigh, now beginning to scar. In all honesty, she felt fine aside from some stiffness, but it further explained Emrik's presence.

Kaistleoki took a hit from the quakes. We were forced to move downstream when our land flooded and trees collapsed. In our hurried evacuation, Evergreen and I were trapped in a cave, both of us sustained injuries. Lowering her foot back to the ground, Ira took a seat figuring they would be here for a bit. Surely they would have questions and Ira was happy to answer, but there was a lot of catching up to do. Our healer says I should be back to normal soon, although Evergreen still suffers from his injuries. I convinced him it was for the best if he stepped down until he recovered.
149 Posts
Ooc — Keg

There was no doubting Valette’s presence the woman exuded mama bear energy. From the resemblance between the two Easthollowed ladies and Ira’s returned affections, Emrik was sure this was the leader they had come looking for. Offering her a respectful dip of his head, “I’m Emrik ma’am, it’s a pleasure.” Although Ira had already supplied his name he always thought it best to speak for himself as well. He thought Ira had mentioned her name was Valette, but he wasn’t 100% sure and so he stuck to the safe courteous address.

He held his own private smile at the indirect mention of Speedy. He was still to giddy over they new relationship to stop himself. Despite his happiness he was quick to school his features, none of what Ira had to say was good news.

Common

{0/5} | {0/5}
{1/5}
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette was told by her daughter, and by the male himself about his name. She dipped her head politely to the male. "Thank you, Leta," she spoke to her daughter with a smile. She was good to have listened and remembered. It was good that Ira wasn't traveling alone, especially while injured. Valette looked her over with a curious glance, making sure to see if Ira wasn't talking down her injury. She knew the female could say things were alright but probably weren't.

"How terrible to hear. We lost a lot of pack members in the commotion. Even... even Clay and Merrit," she returned sadly. She hoped both would be alright, they hadn't found a body for each of them. She just hoped they was alive somewhere. Valette offered a sad smile to Ira. "You and Emrik are welcome to stay in our lands and rest," she commented at the both of them. Valette hoped they would stay for a bit. There was so much that they needed to catch up on.
201 Posts
Ooc —
When her mother offered that they stay, Leta turned to Ira with a wave of her tail and said: oh! Yes! Please stay! Her tail waved left and right, excitement the largest emotion of them all she felt then and there. Nevermind all the sadness Ira had endured that Leta did not know how to handle (but would try to work through to learn how to); they could spend time together and bond, and Leta could learn more from Ira too and they could have fun together to nix out the sadness Ira had faced. 

Was that how it worked? Leta hoped that was how it worked.

She hated to think of Ira suffering, but she was glad she was doing better now. Leta was also thrilled that she was here now. Her gaze panned to Emrik to let him know he was also a part of her excitement; she knew so few outside of this place, but was happy to meet and get to know more.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The Count's brows furrowed at the news. Clay and Merrit were gone? Did the quakes separate them or had they both chosen to leave. Her brother was older now, but he was still so young. Not every wolf was nice, and other wolves are only half the danger of traveling alone. I see...I'll keep my eyes out for both of them. Hopefully they return soon. One of our members came from here, Hieronymous. He said he was looking for someone missing when he stumbled upon our borders.

That had been some time ago now. She hated to think that either had been missing for that long, although the patchy male never did say who it was he was looking for. Ira glanced to Emrik, he had been happy to come, but she was not sure how long he wished to stay. Normally she would spend quite a few moons away from Kaistleoki to catch up with her family, but now she was the sole leader and they had plans to move soon.

We can stay for a night or two. There is still much to be done back home as we prepare to move. I'd love to catch up though. Speaking of— the roan woman's gaze shifted to her little sister. Last time she had visited Leta bombarded her with a series of questions about the stars. Admittedly she had no strong knowledge to offer but maybe—

Leta, have you continued to pursue your knowledge of the stars? Perhaps of the land as well? The Count's thoughts went to Inna, a young wolf who recently joined. She had a knack for picking up nature's signals, but still had a lot to learn. Perhaps the two of them could benefit from some time together.
149 Posts
Ooc — Keg
so sorry for the long wait!!

Dipping his head in greeting, Emrik smiled gleefully at the mother daughter pair. “Thanks.” Turning back to Ira he nodded, happy to stay as long as she liked despite his desire to return to Speedy. The new couple still to wary to be separated for long. But Emrik trusted Ira to understand, but he wouldn’t pull her away from a much-needed break with her family. He was more than happy to stay and meet their ally. “A night or two to rest would be much appreciated.”

His ear quirked at the question. His sister had always been a fan of stars, but more enthused with the plant life. It would be interesting to hear what Leta had to say.

Common

{0/5} | {0/5}
{1/5}
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette blinked, that was a name she had not heard in awhile Hieronymous. She figured he just left but it seemed he was looking for someone. But who had he been looking for? The female didn't know, there had been so many that left them, including their sons. Valette disliked to think about it. Valette just dipped her heard that she acknowledged the conversation.

The matriarch as pleased to hear that Ira was staying for a bit. "Your father will be happy to see you as well," she pointed out. She dipped her head to Emrik. She turned to Leta when Ira asked that question. "Why don't you talk about this while you follow me into the territory then," she offered, she would find them a place to rest.
201 Posts
Ooc —
Leta's tail waved at her sisters inquiry; about to respond, her mother mentioned they ought to move on into the territory to continue the discussion. Dutifully, Leta nodded. She looked back to Ira to answer as she followed her mother into the territory, saying, I have always been watching them—the stars—but... I haven't really been told anything new about them, she informed. Leta watched the stars eagerly and knew of changes that perhaps some others did not, but she had no name for any of the constellations but for the ones she made up herself. 

The land, though? Not the land, she said more than a little thoughtfully, wondering what could be learned from the land. Other than the stars, Leta had taken up interest in hunting... not that she was exceptional at it, yet. But she was getting better the more she worked at it.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
A rest sounds nice. She nodded in agreement as she stepped close to follow the Matriarch. Valette ensured that her father would be excited to see her and Ira couldn't deny the desire to catch up with her family. Perhaps the boys would be interested in seeing Kaistleoki too. Speaking of— Leta, If you plan to pursue a naturalist trade there's a girl close to your age in my pack studying the land. Perhaps you two should meet? You both might benefit from someone interested in the same field. Not to mention the lack of girls her age in Easthollow.

The Count glanced at Valette to gauge her reaction. She had no plans for Leta to move away from Easthollow forever, but maybe this would give her a way to see more of the world while still being around family. In Kaistleoki, we focus on the skills of each individual and help each other grow. Ira wasn't entirely sure how much her sister knew of her pack, perhaps even Valette wasn't sure. The alliance prospect was brought up before they had officially formed.
149 Posts
Ooc — Keg

im gonna fade to the background on this one, please tag if addressed

Emrik dutifully followed Ira, dipping his head with a grateful look. He could use a few days rest before they headed back. The journey wasn’t overly long, but they had travelled fast, and the snow hadn’t helped any. He glanced curiously as the family stepped forward into the Easthollow Territory, casting an amused smirk as they spoke.

Common

{0/5} | {0/5}
{1/5}
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette lead them in EH territory. She let Ira and Leta chat. It was cute to see and it seemed they needed some more catching up time. Valette decided to lead them to a vacant den close to the border where the two could stay. She knew Greyback would be excited to see his daughter. The matriarch just showed them the way, trotting ahead.

- end for me, thread is getting old :) -