Fox's Glade Secluded Sanctuary
192 Posts
Ooc — Chishio
Away
All Welcome 
Skoll was next to the creek that was in the Fox's Glade. He'd gone out there to rest, the place feeling rather closed off from the rest of the large area. There was snow coming down to the ground, not yet covering the entire area he was in. The clouds covered what was left of the sun as it was going down to introduce the moon to the sky. 

It was cold, so much so that he could feel his legs slightly shivering with the cold winds that came with it. Maybe Skoll should have went somewhere with more shelter anticipating this to happen. It was too late now, though. His black pelt had splotches of white from the snow, and he stood to get a drink before retreating to hide next to one of the boulders that would block the wind and snow from getting to him directly. 

This is obnoxious. He thought to himself as he watched the snow come down around him.
this is my book
and i know how to work the spells and charms in it
i know them all
1,610 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Warrior
Master Missionary
he roamed to the glade of foxes to drift in the snows there. tailtip flicking along his hocks, merrick listened to the low voice of the bear and 
indra.
how long had it been since he recalled the face of his mother? how long since he had summoned to mind the autumnal lushness of her coat and how it curled in his own ruff?
disgusted, pierced through with grief — the boy stopped to blink up at softly falling flakes.
and when his muzzle descended, the young coywolf found himself staring at a large shape, half-broken by the storm, a mingling of wolven form and shadow.
192 Posts
Ooc — Chishio
Away
The snow that was already on the dark wolf's pelt remained, though no new snow littered his black form. It was still cold, not ubearably so, but cold nonetheless. He could sit there until the snow ended, but he didn't think it would be ending anytime soon. His ears flicked in aprehension. There was also the possibility of moving and finding proper shelter from the snow, though that would require moving through it, and potentially hurting himself. 

Skoll didn't notice the other stranger at first. It wasn't too dark in the area, but the sun was blocked out from the clouds, and the sunset was making them appear an orange color. He never really was interested in watching those things. Now that he had nothing else to do, well. He couldn't keep his eyes off of it. That was, however, until he heard the sounds of walking near him. Someone else was there, and he wasn't inclined to figure out if they were dangerous or not. 

Though it could get interesting. 

Skoll's eyes scanned the area, looking for that figure that could potentially be dangerous. Spotting another dark figure, his heterochromatic eyes stared for a few moments. Their eyes met. 

@Merrick
this is my book
i know them all
1,610 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Warrior
Master Missionary
their gazes met; merrick pausd sidelong in the snow. the man's eyes were intriguing against the backdrop of what merrick thought a powerful figure. lantern-eye beckoned; the boy sidled and paused, calling out: "you can come closer. no need to fear being bitten," he teased, a benevolent boy-king sprawled haphazardly in his proverbial throne.
he peered through the whirling flakes?
would he come? 
merrick hoped, wondered, but stopped only a little longer before turning to drift onward, at a slower pace if the other saw fit to join him.
192 Posts
Ooc — Chishio
Away
Skoll wondered if the other wolf was going to attack him. He was sure that this land was owned by no one, which gave him a lesser chance of being attacked by some stranger hormonal about a peice of land that belonged to no wolf. Only nature. This spot was a nice place that was secluded from the snow, but not the cold. He wouldn't have a fun time if he stayed here for long. Moving got the blood pumping, and when the blood was pumping you were warm. 

You can come closer, no need to fear being bitten. 

On the contrary, he could fear it all his mind wanted. If the stranger wasn't lying there'd be no need to be worried, though. He looked around, making sure there were no other figures in the white landscape, and stood. Tall dark frame differing from the snow a lot more than he would have liked if he were going for camoflauge. 

Well, if the other was inviting him. He would go. 

Joining the stranger in his endeavor, Skoll decided to approach and follow, keeping enoug space between the two of them that he'd be able to dodge a bite if he had to. "Hello." He said simply, a deep voice allowing the breath coming from his mouth to show in a steam of white due to the cold.
this is my book
i know them all
1,610 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Warrior
Master Missionary
the man indeed closed the distance between them, all coalblack and snow-blotched. merrick stared in open fascination at the two-toned duality of the stranger's eyes, lips curving in an inviting manner. "are you alone?" the boy inquired.
hale, for ursus.
strength, for ursus.
good looks; merrick.
a gentle laugh; the smaller coywolf inclined his head to indicate that the man should fall into step with him if he so chose. "i'm merrick. this is my valley."
192 Posts
Ooc — Chishio
Away
Skoll kept an eye on the area around him, one couldn't be too cautious. Though he didn't really think this stranger to be the kind that would stage some kind of attack on him, especially since they'd never met before. His ears swiveled forward at being asked if he was alone. Skoll almost had half the mind to deny that he was alone, but it was pretty clear that he was. "Yes, I am alone." he replied. Even if he said no, it was painfully obvious that he was alone. His scent would prove that too, if he could be scented through the snow. 

Seeing the opening for him to get closer, Skoll did just that. Moving to walk in-line with the wolf he now knew as Merrick. "I'm Skoll." He paused. "You live here? Am I tresspassing?" he asked. Skoll really didn't want to get onto the bad side of anyone, despite knowing how to fight well enough. He was better at running for long periods of time, though.
this is my book
i know them all
1,610 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Warrior
Master Missionary
he was certainly handsome.  merrick decided to allow himself that bit of inner pleasantry. but the look of this skoll was not the sum of his worth.
he eyed briefly the curve of the larger man's throat a moment, appreciative,
hungry.
"i'll allow it," merrick declared, but his tone was bemused. "this is what i intend to be ursus. a land where we are not the most powerful. the bears control here. we are their subjects."
192 Posts
Ooc — Chishio
Away
Skoll didn't remember any scent markers being around, though he could have missed something. He really wasn't in the right mood to be getting in trouble with packs of all things- it could be dangerous and he didn't want anything dangerous. Glancing in the direction of the other wolf next to him, Skoll really didn't understand what he meant with his words. The bears control here? Like the animals? What? 

"I'm not entirely sure what you mean." He said.
this is my book
i know them all
1,610 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Warrior
Master Missionary
he had stumbled, provided too much while speaking in the muzzy tongue of the spirit, not his own words.
single eye roved to his companion now, and merrick chose his words with care. "this is a place inhabited by bears. i intend to rule alongside them." there was little need to fear the great beasts.
cunning, soft; the young man looked skoll over. "and there is always work to be done."
192 Posts
Ooc — Chishio
Away
Skoll's heterochromatic eyes were still locked onto the wolf next to him. Noticing the little once-over that Merrick did, Skoll returned the jesture, actually getting a good look at the other wolf next to him. Merrick looked torn up, literally. One of his eyes was missing, which he oddly didn't find disturbing, and he had wounds on his body. Must've gotten into a fight with something. Or someone. It wasn't really any his problem, though. 

"Sounds interesting." He said, his voice clearly laced with interest. "It must take a lot of work to get to the point of perfect harmonization, Indeed." He added on.
this is my book
i know them all
1,610 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Warrior
Master Missionary
the intrigue that mingled with skoll's voice satisfied merrick, and he bore the curious look of the other with an aloof air that bespoke pride in his ragged appearance.
each wound had cemented him within his niche.
the hunger was rising, was slavering again;
lips twitched with a maddened smile; the boy ducked his head to hide it and re-emerged with more control, moving deeper into the valley with a gesture that indicated the man was welcome to walk beside.
"more of us, more hands, lighter work," he purled, mind logging each shift in tone and step. "always room for those who are up to the challenge."
192 Posts
Ooc — Chishio
Away
Skoll decided that this Merrick was proud of the scars on his body. That was clear enough from the obvious confidence that the other male sported. He found that he would think the same way if he lived through battles. It was only natural to feel pride in your achievements. 

Turning to look back to where he was walking, so he didn't suddenly trip over anything, Skoll almost didn't notice the gesture for him to keep following the other wolf. Or rather, that he could follow without repercussions. He did still follow, in stride with the other. He didn't have a reason to leave this converation behind, and he was curious about this Ursus. "Chellenges are fun." He said, leaving that statement in the air as they walked.
this is my book
i know them all
1,610 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Warrior
Master Missionary
"then come to ursus," merrick invited, opting to be direct now. "come and coexist with me. help me achieve what no one has done before." a wink tipped to skoll then, an earnest look, and then the boy broke into a coursing run, loping through the snows of the valley for no other reason save his own amusement.
surely skoll would follow; what wolf could resist the playful nature of a run? and so he trekked on, tongue lolling delightedly.
192 Posts
Ooc — Chishio
Away
Skoll hadn't initially thought that he would be invited to this Ursus. At first, he figured that the other wolf was just sharing- but what was the point in that? He was still curious. Of course, he was going to follow. His curiosity would never be quenched if he didn't follow. He wanted to know what this Ursus was. And he was curious of if this wolf could achieve what none had done before. "Alright. I'll coexist and help you achieve your goals." he replied, getting stunned for a moment from the wink directed his way. 

Skoll's legs almost forgot to will him forward. There was no reason for him to not follow, so he did. Breaking into a sprint, his long legs carried him after the other wolf.
this is my book
i know them all
1,610 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Warrior
Master Missionary
welcome to ursus! we can wrap up here or keep going, up to u
<3

it was exhilarating to claim another soul for the bear. he himself was satisfied to have been of service to their god, and, infused with a fresh burst of energy, soared into a greater speed.
it was a chase he wanted, not the free-spirited roaming of his kind.
a hunt.
would skoll realize this?
192 Posts
Ooc — Chishio
Away
Skoll couldn't believe what he had just got himself into. Of course, he didn't care what challenges he would face for it. He was undoubtedly curious over Merrick and his goals. There was no way he couldn't be. He wanted to rule with the bears. Such dangerous creatures if you messed with them or their young, but if you left them alone, surely they wouldn't attack in cold blood. He wondered how Merrick made that work. Living alongside such large, dangerous beings. Skoll's long legs were still taking in strides, he was fast, but keeping in line with Merrick wasn't hard. 

Though the sudden boost in his speed did surprise Skoll- what was Merrick trying to do? They were taking a run, sure, but he had no idea the point of it. Were they headed somewhere? Either way, he still did follow, keeping slightly behind the other, as if chasing. 

//Either one is fine with me! I'll shoot ya a PM! 
this is my book
i know them all
1,610 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Warrior
Master Missionary
fading! <3

he was chased, and merrick let out his stride until he felt he was fairly flying, gleeful, gleeful, something akin to the power he had wielded over life over death over his mother
the laughter of children was in his voice.