Stone Circle blueberry jamsicle
24 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
All Welcome 
The border carried an unexpected familiarity. She stood a few paces away, drawing in several deep breaths in an effort to reconcile her memories. Several faces drew through her mind, though few of them made sense. 

Nigaq would not be satisfied until she figured out whose claim this was. Her head tilted back and eyes tightly shut, she sounded her call.
The borders were sought early today. The woodland boy had been spending so much time near the forest hunting that it almost felt unnatural to patrol like he should be doing something more than walking around, but his father had made the role sound much more important than it felt. What happened to Leta when they were young was proof that their borders had to be strong. You never know who might stroll along.

At least boredom would not come from his task as a call was sounded not long into his stroll. An ear swiveled towards the sound as West made out what direction it was from before hurrying to find the source. A greyscale woman caught his eye, someone he hadn't met before. Normally his parents dealt with the people who visited, but it wouldn't be nice to make her wait. Um, is there something I can help you with, Miss?
#008000 , PawprintWest's Playlist 10/10* 2/10, * = incomplete threads
24 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
The first to approach was a child. Nigaq drew back with surprise but settled herself, figuring that someone would have followed close behind. She waited a moment for the adult to arrive, but still, they were alone. Who is the leader here? she asked, wondering if he would be willing to share.
inuttut | english
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
When the howl sounded, Kove was already on his way to the borders; he wished to prove his use, even in his old age, by defending his home. Still, he was not the first to arrive, spying his grandson in the distance—with a stranger. The sight, albeit seemingly harmless, encouraged him to pick up the pace. And when he reached the pair, he stopped alongside West—whose shoulder he gently bumped, a silent greeting—and kept his gaze on the female; something about her seemed familiar, like a distant memory trying to break through to the surface, but he had no name to give her.

Rather than answering her question, he presented two of his own: “What is your name and why do you seek the leader?” Whatever the case, he would acquire answers prior to calling for his daughter.
There was a long pause and for a moment West thought the woman might have not heard him. He started to open his mouth when she finally found her voice, asking about the leader here. This time the woodland boy started happy to know the answer when he was interrupted by his grandfather's presence who bumped him lightly.

West blinked in surprise, too focused on the stranger to notice his approach. When Kove beat him to the punch he kept his mouth shut realizing maybe he shouldn't be so willing to give out answers about the pack. Perhaps he still had a lot more to learn about border upkeep. After all, he never introduced himself and neither did the stranger. That was usually the first thing you do with a stranger.
24 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
The scent grew stronger with the approach of an older wolf. She adjusted herself accordingly — slight submission, down-turned gaze — and listened to him speak, noting the lull of his voice. Nigaq's brow drew together in frustration as she came closer to realization but again, was stopped just a short distance from full recognition.

She looked up at him, though only for a moment. Nigaq Apaata, she replied, I'm looking for someone, and I think that I might mind them here.
inuttut | english
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
When the female spoke again, answering his questions, he fell silent. Whilst he did not recognise her or her given name, the accent dusting her words was enough to prove her claim to his family’s name. “My name is Kove Apaata,” he introduced. “And this is my grandson.” He motioned to West, allowing the boy an opportunity to introduce himself. Thereafter, he asked, “Who are your parents?” He was curious, wondering exactly how this woman might be related to them. A niece, potentially—or perhaps a cousin? Either way, family was family.

“Who are you searching for?” he asked next, genuinely interested. Of his children there, he knew Nanook once travelled often. Had she, by some stroke of luck, made it up north during her former journeys?
Kove introduced himself giving the same last name. He had never heard the name Apaata before, his was Tyree...at least he assumed that was the same. Maybe he didn't have a last name. His dad had him learn his name early on to give proper introductions, but he never said West Tyree Apaata. The woodland boy would have to ask later.

Ah— I'm West Tyree. It's a pleasure to meet you. Nigaq was family after all, right? At least that's what it sounded like despite him never hearing either part of her name.
24 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
She turned a small smile to West. It's nice to meet you, she whispered, not wanting to interrupt their elder. Nigaq listened to the first question posed and began to respond, My father is Kilaun, son of Atenaq Apaata. She looked unsure as she awaited final confirmation.

Any one of you, I suppose. The border had not been sought out with a specific purpose, but she was grateful that it had been in her path. Your scent seems vaguely familiar, so I stopped to investigate. Lying about a mission or some other cause seemed pointless. Nigaq was happy to share the unexciting truth.
inuttut | english
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
major yikes plz kick me next time my dumbass forgot post order

The names spoken were ones he knew, the former his nephew. “Ah, then you are Pia’s granddaughter?” he asked, although he already knew the answer. “How is our family?” There were days where he truly wondered if he might succeed in reaching the north, should he set out for it. But, deep down, he knew he never would; it was much too far and he was far too old. Easthollow would be where he took his final breath someday, surrounded by his children, and their children.

“I’m glad you stopped,” he said, smiling fondly. “It’s not often members of our family make their way this far south. I believe the last to make the journey and find me was my older brother Jan—your great uncle.” Were they still alive, those elder siblings of his? Although curious, he didn’t have the heart to ask.
He can be skipped now unless addressed!

The names both spoke of were unfamiliar to the boy. He only really knew of his family here, less so of anyone with the name Apaata. So instead of saying anything, West would sit in silence as the two caught up. It might be a bit boring to him but maybe he could learnnn something to tell Newt. Surely his brother would be impressed if he knew something the scholar did not.