Neverwinter Forest ‘cause i’ll be by your side if you call
268 Posts
Ooc — mutton
All Welcome 
set before he leaves
@Mango

It started with a single drop, then another and another. And before he knew it he was drenched in heavy rainfall. The sudden storm had promptly put and end to his daily watch. Phillip retreated back to the safety of the forest.

His appearance was comical: soaked from head to toe, ears drooping, teeth chattering, shaking like a leaf. And he wasn't getting any drier; the trees did little to protect him from the rain. Phillip slumped down by a trunk, completely and utterly defeated.
Iota
21 Posts
Ooc —
Away
oop thanks for starting!

Mango wasn't having a blast either. He had returned from his trip to the mountains where he had found the fallen man. Now he was back in Neverwinter, eager to meet the people who would eventually be his packmates- but instead he was met with rain. Pouring, wet rain, paired with the freezing temperatures of winter, made for an awful combination. The weather was miserable and so was Mango. His fur was dripping wet, and he looked strange and scrawny with the hair clinging to his body, showcasing his small form. 

As he tread on the wet ground, moving towards the center of the forest, he caught the sight of something against a tree. A young boy, looking just as pathetic as Mango. The man came closer to the kid, who seemed rather unhappy. It bothered him to see a little kid looking defeated like that- but Mango didn't really know how to cheer people up. Instead he greeted him. "Hey, are you alright? This weather is nasty, huh?" A pause, and then he offered: "I'm Mango."
268 Posts
Ooc — mutton
A bright color glowed within the dreary backdrop of Neverwinter, and it came closer, slowly taking the shape of a wolf. He looked up at him, blinking the raindrops away from his eyes. 

Are you alright? Phillip quickly shook his head. He has been trying to stay calm for days now, but he was slowly but surely loosing his touch. He was just scared that's all. He just wanted to see Alarian again.

Phillip. Mm, that's... my name. The silence that followed bothered him, so he spoke what was on his mind. I'm waiting for my friend. He should've been back by now.
Iota
21 Posts
Ooc —
Away
The boy shook his head, and Mango wore a small frown in response. The boy introduced himself as Phillip, and shared his trouble. 

"Nice to meet you, Phillip. How long has your friend been gone?" he wondered. If the boy was worrying over nothing, it wasn't worth it. But if his friend had been gone for a week or two? Surely something was wrong. 

Mango wanted to know if the boy was just one of those kids who worried over every little thing. The time his friend had been gone would give Mango the answer to that.
268 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Really long. At least that's what it felt like. In reality it's probably been a few days, one too many for Phillip. When he leaves he usually comes back within a day or two, but I haven't seen him in- in forever. The more he thought about it the more anxious he became. He pulled himself up and scooted closer to Mango, eyes wide and ears forward. Have you seen him anywhere?
Iota
21 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Honey eyes widened at the boy's words- "Forever? Oh my gosh, that's a long time..." He sighed dramatically. The little scooted closer to Mango, and he welcomed it. He was still cold and wet from the rain- at least bory heat could provide a tad more warmth. The boy asked if Mango had seen his friend. "Well, what's his name? I don't know if I've seen him if I don't know his name or at least his appearance, don't you think?" He chuckles lightheartedly.
268 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Phillip nodded quickly. It was nice to know someone could understand the urgency of the situation. And he was willing to help to some extent! At least that's what his questioning suggested.

O-oh yes! Right, right, he stammered. His name is Alarian. I don't know if anyone has heard of him yet. We're pretty new around here after all and he wasn't here very long before he disappeared.
Iota
21 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Unfortunately for both of them, the name Alarian.
 didn't ring familiar. In fact he'd barely met anyone since getting here, come to think of it. He sighs again and shakes his fiery head slowly from side to side. 

"Can't say I've seen him, Phillip. I can always help you look though, if you ever go searching." he suggests, trying his best to be helpful. Little did the two of them know that there was no solution to his problem. Alarian was gone.
268 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Oh. His heart sank down to his stomach for a moment. If he did not know the whereabouts of his friend then who did? Was there anyone in this forest that knew anything? There had to be, he’d just need to keep asking.

At least Mango was willing to help him search. Search. The thought frightens him. No he need not search, Alarian would be back soon! He had to be. I'm sure he'll be back soon.. His voice was soft and unsure. He wouldn't just leave me all alone. But what if? Phillip shivers.
Iota
21 Posts
Ooc —
Away
we can fade this if u dont mind, sorry ive been a shitty partner :(

The boy seemed dissapointed, and Mango's heart softened, wishing he had a way to help. He had no tact though, and he was sure anything he'd say would come out wrong somehow. He'd sprinkle salt onto the wound- so instead, he kept his big fat mouth shut for now. 

At the boy's next words, Mango nods. I'm certain of that. Nobody could leave a previous kid like you all alone, he practically coos, before catching himself awkwardly in the process. He was not thoughtful enough to consider the fact that giving a child false hopes would be a bad idea in the long run.