Hoshor Plains Time asks no questions, it goes on without you
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
Private 
for @Ira whenever you have time!

Things had returned to some semblance of normal, sort of. She knew they still planned to move from the plains eventually, but everyone seemed to have established their own routines. The healer certainly had plenty to do, which she was thankful for, but she hadn't checked on Ira in a while to make sure her healing was still going in the right direction. So today, she had set out to find the Count. Snow fell heavy from the sky, causing her to pause every so often and shake the cold stuff from her fur. After a while of attempting to track the leader down, her fur had become soaked. Shivering and uncomfortable, Speedy began to sprint towards a thicket she had just spotted in the distance. The cover it promised was like a beacon that shined through her dreary surroundings. 

When she finally reached it, she shook her fur out multiple times, desperate to extricate as much moisture as possible from her thin coat. She was still freezing, but she at least had found some relief from the snow. She took a seat and looked out around her, still occasionally shivering some. It seemed looking for Ira would have to wait until the snow fall lessened.
lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Rain, snow, or shine there was still duties that needed to be upheld. That's why despite the heavy snow, Ira found herself at the borders, trecking through the thick white as snow clung to her pelt. She just told herself that soon they would be out of here, it was only for a bit longer. That didn't change the current situation though, and when it came down to the facts...this horribly sucked.

Unaware of her healer's intentions, Ira shook her pelt and continued to travel along the edges of the clearing until the fresh scent of Speedy hit her nose. Glancing around she saw the only place the healer could be hiding and branched off to meet the thicket. Poking her nose in, she confirmed her suspicion Hiding? Perhaps the borders could wait. It was nice to have a moment to rest.
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
It was as if her thoughts of the Count made her appear at the opening of the thicket...to find her hiding from the snow instead of doing something productive. She sighed a little. Unfortunately, the snow was a little too much for me today, she replied. Would you like a break from it? Speedy asked next, motioning for her to come in. If she knew Ira, she knew she had probably been busy and could maybe use a rest. Assuming the leader accepted her offer, the healer scooted over an asked: How is your leg? It seemed to slowly be getting better, which she was very grateful for, and she knew Ira must be as well.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
She had taken shelter from the snow before offering a spot beside her. Glancing out to the barren white land surrounding the duo, Ira would accept shuffling her way into the growth. It felt strange to do so, but she needed the reminder to rest, even if her leg felt fine most days.

I grew up in the mountains, I don't think much of it sometimes. Although without the room for proper denning along the plains, the cold bit more than it ever could as a child. It's doing much better, I can't thank you enough.

As a warrior, the Count had took it upon herself to learn how to patch up minor wounds, but she was still no medic. Something as serious as her leg would have gone untreated and likely kill her without Kaistleoki's healer. For that she was greateful. The cold can make that leg particularly stiff if I'm out all day, but other then that it's almost as if nothing happened. There was of course the massive scar that stretched along her leg, but it was more of a reminder now.
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
Unfortunately, Speedy had not grown up in the mountains, and so she was not as lucky as Ira. She had survived worse, though, and soon it would be spring and things would be better. 

She shook her head at the Count's thanks. No need to thank me, she said. I'm just glad that you're doing better. She was glad to hear that Ira was able to go about her daily business without much trouble from her leg. She wasn't surprised to hear that it was stiff at times. I might still have some daisy leaves left. They were good for stiffness. A lot of my plants are no longer viable, but I'll check and bring you some if I have them. She thought for a few moments. Soaking your leg in the hotsprings would help too if you're able to ignore the way the water smells, the healer offered. It would be a good substitute for the plants if it turned out she didn't have anymore. I'm normally better prepared for winter, but the earthquakes made that difficult this year, she added. It was a constant anxiety for her. Next year, she would gather even more towards the end of the summer to make sure this never happened again.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Speedy insisted she need not thank her, although it did little to change the Count's opinion. It sounded like the healer might even have something to help now with her remaining ailments, if not perhaps she would make time to the hot springs, although she did not like the idea of leaving with their numbers spread thin for moving. Then I appreciate the help. If I find it too bothersome I'll take the journey.

The Medic was quick to defend herself, though Ira saw no need. No one could have predicted the quakes, at least no one within their ranks. It was unfortunate, but the important thing was that they had survived. I'm sure you will prove yourself in the near future. There might be some soon to be mothers that need your care. Even if Ira suspected that Speedy herself might seek out another litter, she knew their healer was capable of taking care of the pack.
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
Her ears perked at the subject of soon to be mothers. It was true that she and Emrik wanted children this spring, but that was not why she was suddenly so interested in the topic. Besides, she wanted Emrik with her when she asked permission. She was interested now because she wondered what the Count's plans were. Will you be one of those soon to be mothers? the healer boldly asked. If it's not too personal for me to ask; I understand if you don't want to talk about it. She had no idea what was going on in her leader's love life, although she always secretly hoped that she would start seeing her spend time with someone. Or maybe she was just interested in having children? Maybe she had made plans with someone? Either way, Speedy was beyond excited at just the thought of helping care for Ira's pups this spring if she were to have any.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The Count shook her head, it wasn't too personal, at least to her, but that's likely because she believed she would never have her own litter. She had a soft spot for pups ever since she was younger, but love wasn't an equation she ever factored into her life. It was better that way. No, I don't even have a mate. A small smile crept onto the roan woman's maw, I figured you might be planning, but of course, I could be wrong. Perhaps Soliel, but I haven't seen her in a while. One of the boys could bring a girl home too. Anything was possible really.
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
She never understood why Ira didn't have someone special in her life; she was beautiful and strong. Maybe it was by choice then? She felt it was too personal for her to ask. They had more of a professional relationship and Speedy didn't want to overstep or make the Count uncomfortable. Well, I think you would be a great mom, she said, and then left it at that. 

A shy smile curved her lips at Ira's next words. She and Emrik had discussed it, but she knew this was something she shouldn't discuss without her mate present. We've talked a little about it, she answered. But more pups in the pack sounds amazing, she added, her smile widening. She looked forward to helping other pregnant mothers and helping take care of their children.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
It warmed her to hear that Speedy thought she would be a good mom. It really didn't matter, she knew the likelihood of her having her own kids at this point, but it was still a nice thought. Ira wouldn't have minded her own family, but she at least had the pack. It not like she would never see a pup. Speaking of...

There weren't many in the pack that she currently expected to have pups this year, but she too hoped they would have many running around. Speedy confirmed her suspicion that she and Emrik had been talking the idea over, perhaps someone would bring an extra surprise to the pack. It would be good for them and the kids alike to have more than just one litter. I agree, I'd love to see more. Your litter from last year grew up so fast.

The Count stretched her limbs and poked her head out of the brush to quickly check their surroundings. Well, do update me if you and Emrik come to a decision. I think I can safely say we both look forward to spring. For now though, it might be best if I get back to the borders. It was nice chatting, Speedy. If there were no objections from the healer she would make her way out to continue her patrol.
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
Her children had grown up quickly—too quickly. She thought about Castor out in the world without his family, and her chest tightened a little. It was hard to watch the other three grow and not constantly wonder if he was okay. She looked at the count and nodded. Too fast, she said with a proud smile. They were all becoming adults right before her eyes.

She nodded and replied: I will, when Ira asked that she update her on the status of their family plans. The Count stated that she needed to return to work and Speedy dipped her head. Nice to see you, Ira, she said in response. Let me know if you have anymore issues with your leg. She watched Ira leave, and shivered as the den got a little colder without the heat of two wolves. She decided she would hide from winter just a little longer before getting back to her own work.