Blackfeather Woods Do you think it's to late for me?
The black of heart
131 Posts
Ooc — Keg

lots of pent up muse for this girl atm AW!

           

She had never been considered a home body. Often venturing far and wide, Padma had picked her way down the flat-top mountain that she had occupied for the last few days. Her long, lanky legs adding in her crafty paw placement. It appeared that she was finally growing into her limbs.

She set a stead pace without any direction in mind, simply taking in the scenery. Her boredom provoking her, prompting her continued path. Padma slowed upon entering the dark wood. An interested tilt of her head. She could find the lingering scent of others, a pack perhaps, at one point or another. Long gone now she thought as the urge to cover the scent with her own overtook her. Throwing her frame against a tree, vigorously rubbing her scent across the bark.
"it is if everyone dies alone."
"Does that scare you?"
"i don't want to be alone."
3/5
0/5

s t i g m a t a
440 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Stealing <3

He wandered back to his forest, assured that Black Hat was content on staying at the mesa for the time being. The trees draped him in warmth and shelter, always welcoming. He breathed in the frozen air, feeling so deeply at home. What of the Daedra? Did he believe in Jaes or them?
He'd have to consider this deeply.

Tracks. Fresh in the mud and snow. Someone perhaps seeking shelter.
No.
He caught the culprit scent marking.
Now he didn't like that, this being considered his home and this stranger coming in making a scent mark when his new pack was being made not too far away.
"HEY! Who're you?" He called out, trotting up with a high tail. He certainly wasn't yet his full size despite neither of his parents being particularly small, but he didn't share either of their coats so his genes were definitely something else. Though he was certainly impressive when he was miffed.
| |
One lie is enough to question all truths. 
Seelie Court
Banned
272 Posts
Ooc — Tori
He had made his way away from the Pack, wandering this new beautiful land. He knew he could tell no new pack about his past, about where he might have come from. He was being remade, and to be fair, He wasn't sure what exactly it was he was being made into. He knew he was a warrior, and a damn good one. He knew he was a natural leader. And he supposed he would learn the rest along the way. 
scents crossed his radar and he paused- there was a pack here, or there had been, anyway. He made his way through the forest when a Warning growl sounded among the trees. Interesting. He followed the sound to see a younger male glaring at a young female. Was this entire region lead by children?
The black of heart
131 Posts
Ooc — Keg

           

She couldn’t say she was a fan of being growled at, but it wasn’t a new experience and to be honest she wasn’t entirely surprised by the angry shout. She flinched only mildly, and she let her hackles rise and her teeth shine at the offending young man, her tail also rising to the occasion.

Instead of answering his question, because it was stupid, her actions were obvious, she raised a brow at him, “What the hell does it look like.” She threw in an eye roll for good measure, “What do you want?” His action were obvious as well, she knew he wanted her to leave, but the idea of belonging to a fledgling pack gave her undue confidence.

She ignored the lurker in the background, assuming he was this twerps buddy. She was a cheeky when she wanted to be.
"Does that scare you?"
3/5
0/5

s t i g m a t a
440 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
He marched towards her, head tilted. There was something he recognized. He couldn't put his paw on it though. Eyes from another source latched onto him, making him look for them. A distraction from the offending woman.
A form in the shadows had him backing away from Padma. Did they hear him shouting and come to help their friend?

Rowan swung himself around, keeping both in his view. The faint scents drifting from the new stranger were not that of the woman's. In fact, he remembered what her scent was.
"Corona," he blurted, hoping to find an ally in the woman now. He hadn't met her before now so he couldn't be blamed for having angst and defending a territory close to home from a stranger.
It wasn't like he didn't ask questions first.

His eyes danced between the two, wondering what was going to happen.
| |
Seelie Court
Banned
272 Posts
Ooc — Tori
He realized, a bit late, that his lurking in the shadows probably was sending the Wrong message. He slipped forward out of the shadows, a smirk on his face. "Never seen so many kids out, playing at the tasks their parents should be doing." He edged closer, sizing the male up. "You look barely old enough to be an apprentice. Where is your mentour, Pup?" He might take this land for his own, set up a pack of Rejects and vagabonds, of wolves like himself.
The black of heart
131 Posts
Ooc — Keg
           

Her singular ear stood tall at the mention of her new home, and she tilted her head in curiosity just as the other man stepped forward. Padma direct a low growl at the older male, gaze narrowing in distaste. It was now evident that her original thoughts of their relations was false, they didn’t know each other. In fact all their roles had been backward, now Padma was the one with an ally on her side, and a stranger lurking.

Seeing him taking a step toward the younger male Padma also stepped closer. While she didn’t know either of them, only one carried the new scent of Corona. “Two against one are still ill odds, regardless of age. Wouldn’t you say?” She might look young but Padma knew she was no push over. “But by all means, continue to underestimate us.” Now it was her turn to return a smirk, a dangerous glint in her eyes.
"Does that scare you?"
3/5
0/5

s t i g m a t a
440 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
His ears slicked back as if Memory's voice insulted him.
In a way, it did. He was nearly a year old.
Rowan let his lips curl back in a silent snarl, his only warning for now.

The girl seemed to cautiously side with him though. That was something.
He wouldn't offer up anything else other than that name he'd already spoken.
He watched the man, chin tucked, tail curled, fur spiked. He was waiting for him to make a move so he could make his own.
| |
Seelie Court
Banned
272 Posts
Ooc — Tori
He hesitated at the female's threat. Two against one was an issue, and the odds weren't necessarily in his favor. "Don't get cocky." Nix's voice echoed in his mind. "Pick a fight you know you can win."  He growled to himself, unhappy that his old mentour apparently still lingered in his mind. Deciding to change tactics he smoothed his features, setting a sly grin on his scarred muzzle. "These scents are old, boy. So either your Alpha isn't very good at his job...or this land is up for grabs." He shot a pointed look at the young male. "In which case, you won't mind if your alpha and I have a little...chat." 
The black of heart
131 Posts
Ooc — Keg

           

He hesitated; a surge of power rushed her bloodstream. She settled more comfortably into a dominant stance. She was no weakling, and she would prove it to each of her new packmates. The only person she would step aside for being Black Hat. Padma wasn’t sure why, but the lanky man had a dangerous air to him. She had no desire to see him angry.

She was irked however as he addressed on the young man, when it was clearly her who was in-charge. Casting a glance toward the boy, before refocusing on the stranger. “Do you make it a habit of insulting everyone you hope to meet? I doubt our King would appreciate your tone.” If it was possible she held her head even higher, glaring down her nose at him.

There was no need to reveal any information by negating his assumptions. Padma would extract as much out of this encounter as she could before turning him over to Black Hat. She wasn’t an idiot, she didn’t trust Black Hat or this kid. If she was going to survive, she needed information.
"Does that scare you?"
3/5
0/5

s t i g m a t a
440 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Rowan rumbled low, letting the older woman talk. She would surely be of higher rank than himself because of his age; he'd have to learn then rise up.
He moved around the offending male, aiming to trap him against Padma. Or at least have an advantage should he chose to attack one of them.

"Where do you come from?" He asked with steel in his voice. His scent was laced with one that was so obvious now he was closer. Serem. Nightwalker.
But he had to admit it.
| |
Seelie Court
Banned
272 Posts
Ooc — Tori
The Question was simple enough. But how to answer it? How to explain he was trying to be DIFFERENT, trying to end the cycle? 
In the end, he realized a confession was easier. 
"Far away. I joined the Nightwalkers for a bit. Old habits die hard. Decided to leave and make myself an acceptable wolf for once in my life." He answers glibly. "I know they don't have the best reputation. Met a fellow who talked some sense into me, and then ran into a wolf by the name of Black Hat. Lives up on the Plateau, said he used to be a Nightwalker himself. I thought... perhaps...if I started a pack for screwups and vagabonds..use my training and experience for something useful..." He trailed off, waiting for their judgement.
The black of heart
131 Posts
Ooc — Keg

sorry for this garbage post :)

           

Glad to see the youngster took her lead and made himself useful by flanking the stranger. Padma threw a look at him, something akin gratitude and a job well done.

Padma had only heard of the Nightwalkers, having only just returned to the Wilds herself she was behind on gossip. Tilting her head curiously at his confession, she was intrigued, and he already knew Black Hat.

“Quite the story.” Padma hummed to herself, although she wasn’t sure if it was the truth or not, it sounded close enough. “I’m surprised you’re still standing. I take it you were on your best behavior when you met Black Hat.” It was a rhetorical question, but it did start to reveal their origins to the stranger. “We are from the Plateau.” Padma confirmed their allegiance.

“What is your name?” She flicked her head, Black Hat hadn’t mentioned him but that wasn’t at all surprising to Padma. He did what had wanted, remaining aloof to those beneath him.
"Does that scare you?"
3/5
0/5

s t i g m a t a
440 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
He took the look with a nod. At least he was doing good. Hell, he knew he was doing good.
He listened to them talk back and forth. 
He admitted to knowing Black Hat, for some reason.
Seemingly through Nightwalkers, but Rowan knew that was part of the wry man's past. 

It seems like he wanted to start a pack himself.
And once he'd revealed his name, Rowan decided to chime in again.
"Why don't you join Corona?"
Ig he'd met Black Hat before, and seemed to have taken his word. Surely it would be a good idea.
"We are led by Black Hat."
It couldn't be too much information. He already knew Black Hat.
| |
Seelie Court
Banned
272 Posts
Ooc — Tori
He chuckled. It was indeed, a small world. Perhaps it was fate. He didn't necessarily believe in such a thing, though he knew enough about the Spiritual to know that pissing off gods got you killed. "I'm in the right place then." He answers, mild surprise in his voice. He somewhat desired his old status, before Nix had quite literally torn it away from him, but for now, he needed to shut up and learn. "I shared my fish with him and didn't do anything stupid."he answered at the jab from the female. "Besides. Skilled fighters know another skilled fighter when they see one. I almost ripped the Nightwalkers alpha pup's eye out...a fight with him would be bloody." Sure, he was boasting a bit. But he had the right to. The Fae mentioned being from the Plateau...indicating that they were indeed a pack. Perhaps a small one, or newly formed. "Name's Memory. And I would be grateful to join." 
The black of heart
131 Posts
Ooc — Keg

           

She glared at the yearling, perturbed that he took the initiative on his own to offer this stranger anything. Although it didn't take long before her glare was more acutely directed at the older man now known as, Memory. The subtle jab at her skills in fighting did nothing to endear him to her. Scoffing at the mans insatiable ego, Padma rolled her eyes.

"I'm sure Black Hat will be thrilled to have a new recruit. Come on we'll take you to him, let him deal with your snarky attitude." Flicking her head, she indicated that Rowan should lead the way. She'd take up the rear, trusting neither with her backside.
"Does that scare you?"
3/5
0/5