Sun Mote Copse Immigrants: we get the job done
"I'm a hazard to your health!"
140 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Private 
For @Wraen - takes place after this thread :)

Emotions swelled inside of her, clouding her mind and dulling her senses. She felt awful, but it wasn't her fault! She blamed Niamh; somehow, she had known how she felt in regards to Phox and had stolen him away. Forget that, Nellie told herself, she would prove herself ten times more useful than her mother! Now, she just needed to sharpen her skills, stick close to their sovereign and do as she was told. She couldn't even tell the only wolf she trusted with her deepest feelings anything, because he was most likely banging her mom. His son was perhaps her next best option to turn to, but Phox had said he was going to check up on his kids a moment ago and it would be weird for her to show up.

She was wandering quite aimlessly through the copse, eyes fixated on the ground as if she was following some kind of trail.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
It had taken time for Wraen's leg injury to heal and a lot of patience on her part, but the day finally came, when she woke and realized that, though a bit stiff, her foot no longer bothered her. That was a good reason to celebrate as any, if only Maia was around, but her sister had left early that day and the other sibling was ashamed to admit that she had not paid attention, when exact Google Coordinates had been given. Too sleepy at that time to take details properly.

So, while Nellie was looking for Wraen, the said person was looking for her sibling and that's, how the two crossed their paths. The Sovereign was blissfully unaware about the soap opera concerning Redhawk and DeMonte-Argyle-Blackthorn families that was playing out in her own home, therefore she was a bit surprised to see the girl distressed and unhappy. "Hey, Nellie," she greeted her. "What's wrong?"
140 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Nellie wasn't looking for anyone in particular really - she only spotted the green-eyed sovereign when a pair of paws came into view. She halted abruptly, whipping her snout up to look straight in the face of Wraen. Nellie did wear her emotions as fine jewelry, but was she truly so distressed that anyone could tell from a distance while she was facing the ground? She'd been lucky not to literally walk into Wraen with her bad posture.

Nellie shook her head and faked a convincing half-smile - it was kind of sad she was getting better at it. Oh - nothin', just searchin' for some fresh tracks. She lied, but not completely. She did want to go hunting, but Phox was occupied and she couldn't fine Bronco. Ya hungry? She asked - she'd only ever talked with Wraen before, perhaps it was good to get to know her leader whilst out on the field hunting for their pack.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"Nothing" was a Standard answer no.1, when it came to something not going quite right. Wraen arched an eyebrow, regarded her subordinate inquisitively for a brief moment and then shook her head and yawned. If Nellie did not wish to tell, then Wraen had no business to pry for more information. 

"Food is always a good thing," Wraen shook her head. "So, what do you suggest for lunch? I would vote for deer, but there are two few of us," she said. "I'll get trampled and you will ruin your pretty coat with copious amounts of blood. And we won't want that, do we?" she joked.
140 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
'Cept when ya're fat and lazy! She commented, still quick-witted. She must've gotten that from Niamh - the Man Thief. Still, she believed herself a lesser version of her mother; she had achieved so little while her mother had become everything to everyone around her, save for a few. If she could switch places with her mom, she'd be the happiest wolf on the planet.

Damn Wraen had some dark humor. Nellie blinked a few times, to make sure she'd heard right - though nearing adulthood, Nellie wasn't violent and had never even seen a real fight break out. It almost seemed surreal and seeing blood that didn't come from a meal made her dizzy. Nah, I'll pass on deer - I'm more of a rabbit-hunter. Small-game... Like Phox. She'd fantasized about seeing him in action (while she tended to their children on a hot summer day), but had only seen him tracking once. Damn it, Nellie, get your head out of the clouds.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"Lucky that wolf is, who can die fat and lazy," Wraen remarked the old truth of life. Puppies aside, all people - dead or alive - in her circle of acquaintances had not been or were not fat in the least. Some extra flesh on your bones was a rare luxury. 

"Small game - excellent. That's my game as well," she agreed readily, did a bit of stretching and then beckoned Nellie to follow. "And I know just the spot, where we have to go," she explained. "While we walk - how have been your "getting to know people" thing going on? The one we discussed the last time?"
140 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Nellie chuckled, nodding in agreement. She hadn't thought about it like that; but if she turned 8 Springs, it would be amazing to die in her sleep; her belly full, without any worries. There were too many worries floating through her head right now; it made for a wicked headache and a low appetite. Still, she didn't pass on the opportunity to show her skills to their sovereign.

She skipped after their leader, a slight sway to her tail and a slightly excited bounce in her step. Eh - still just hangin' out with mah Bro and Figgy, though the adults have been... Amusing. She chuckled. It's weird, meetin' everyone like this when I kinda don't remember much from being a puppy here.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"Do they still treat you as a child or do you find it strange being regarded as an adult now?" Wraen asked, curious to find out, what exactly did Nellie find amusing about adults here. It probably had nothing to do with sense of humour. 

"How is Bronco behaving?" she asked. "I haven't had much to interact with your brother now, but I think that having more people around his age is very beneficial to him," which was a polite, lengthy sentence about nothing that Wraen added, because she could.
140 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
I'm not sure. she said. I'd like to be one of y'all, but I do know I've got a lot left to learn. She admitted honestly with a soft sigh. She wanted pretty badly to be grown up, even though it didn't show in her actions, and she was afraid she might never truly be grown up. Was that a thing? Staying immature for the rest of your life?

Bronco is... being Bronco. She answered with a soft chuckle. He seems fine to me, and doing a lot more for his future than me.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"They say that the first step towards wisdom is admitting that you know nothing at all," Wraen replied to Nellie's revelation. It was one of key differences between her and her brother, because the latter would never admit that they had either flaws or made mistakes. To themselves - maybe, but to others - that would mean a loss of dignity. 

"The longer I live in this world, the more I learn, the more I realize, how very much there is still that I do not know," she shared. "But this knowledge makes life very interesting as well. How are you getting along with your cousins?"

They continued to have an amiable conversation, until Wraen was called away on some business.