Whitebark Stream My poor toaster stroodle!
44 Posts
Ooc — Kaiya
All Welcome 
Title inspiration~ The toaster that burnt my toaster stroodles this morning!
Set the morning of the 11th; Around 1 am
Kora had awoken, startled. Her sleep had already been restless and it hadn’t taken much to wake her from her slumber. The cause of her awakening: movement in the bushes. Or at least, what sounded like it. Kora stood for a moment before hobbling over to the source of the rustling noise. Only to find that it had been the wind and her mind playing tricks on her, teaming up on her.

A sigh drew from her muzzle, a look of relief sprawled across the lady’s features. She tried to lay down and sleep again but she couldn’t manage to drift off. Tired, she stood once more. This time wandering off to the edge of Whitebark territory, scanning the skyline.

It was gorgeous, the night sky, the stars dancing, and especially on a clear night like tonight. At this point Kora was sitting, basking in the light of the moon above, hoping that soon enough she would be able to walk back to her resting spot and fall asleep.
Kora has a limp and doesn't usually walk on her right forepaw, walking with three legs instead of four, so you're always welcome to reference that! When she speaks Maori it will look like this! <3
77 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Daylily had fallen asleep many hours ago near Kora, perhaps a dozen feet away, and so when the girl awoke in the middle of the night and moved around, Daylily also woke up. Feeling a little groggy, she wasn’t quite sure what had woken her up, but she lifted her head just in time to see Kora going off on her own… in the middle of the night. Worried for her friend, Day got up and followed her some ways behind, until Kora stopped at the edge of the territory.

Not wanting to scare her friend, Daylily shuffled around loudly enough to announce her presence, rustling some leaves or stepping on some twigs or something. Then she whispered into the night, “Are you all right?”
44 Posts
Ooc — Kaiya
A rustling sound, a true noise of movement. Whoever it was, no, whatever it was it wasn't being quiet about it's coming. Ears turned around and listened, it was coming towards her. Bracing herself for some kind of impact, one that never came. Listening carefully she caught words the night wind had tried to steal from her, caught them and held onto them. 

Are you all right? Kora chuckled quietly at her foolishness; her paranoia. Turning around she saw who other than Daylily, definitely not what she expected but she was glad it wasn't. Lowering her volume so she wouldn't wake any others she spoke. "Yes. I just couldn't sleep. Why are you up?" the lady's voice still sounded tired as she reassured the kind one who came to join her. 
Kora has a limp and doesn't usually walk on her right forepaw, walking with three legs instead of four, so you're always welcome to reference that! When she speaks Maori it will look like this! <3
77 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Sorry for the wait. I have been extremely busy with end of the quarter school stuff.

Daylily squirmed when Kora asked why she was up. She felt bad telling her friend that she woken her up. “Uhhh…” she began, trying to think of some white lie to tell her friend. But she couldn’t think of anything, and in the end just sighed. “Well… y-you woke me up. B-but that’s okay. I just wanted to make sure you were all right.” She wagged her tail a little to let Kora know that she was genuine.

After another moment, she cleared her throat awkwardly and stood. “I-I can go if… if you want.” She half-turned to leave, giving Kora a chance to respond.
44 Posts
Ooc — Kaiya
No worries! I think school has most of us behind!

Kora felt bad for waking the sweet lady up but saw the struggle of her friend as she tried not to make the ivory lady feel guilty. "I'm sorry Daylily. I didn't mean to wake you." she said simply, a shy smile placed on her muzzle as she allowed her tail to shift to the same beat as Day's. Abruptly, her companion stood and turned to go, offering her own leave. 

"You do not have to go anywhere Day. You are welcome to stay. But if you would like to return to your slumber I will make sure not to disturb you when I return." Her lavender eyes scanned the woman, unsure of what made her feel as if she needed to tuck tail and run like she was.