Sawtooth Spire They want me to go eat some worms
128 Posts
Ooc — Kat
All Welcome 
After playing with Frolic at the creek for a little while, Quell scooped up one of the fish he'd just caught and trotted back toward the spire, bypassing the jagged earth at the foot of the mountain easily. The fish jerked in her grip, its tail flicking up and down slowly, though she resisted the urge to bite down and kill it. She intended it as a special delivery and the fresher, the better.

She honestly had no idea where to find anyone in particular, even her own father, but her mouth was too preoccupied to howl. So Q did her best to find @Wylla's scent and track it, beginning to hum merrily around her (well, Frolic's) catch as she wandered the sprawling mountainside.

No obligation to join; it's all welcome! :)
super-adorable little shrimp
506 Posts
Ooc — Me
It had not escaped Elfie's attention that he and Stag shared the youth ranks with a girl almos their age. She was not an epitome of his set standards for beauty (he subconsciously liked girls with pale coats just like Maegi had had), but the longer he observed her from afar, the more drawn he was to her and the more inclined he was to make her acquaintance. Perhaps, if she did not have too many teenage boy friends, he could make a good first impression. And thus avoid the embarrassment of being compared to others. 

So it happened that fate handed him a very good opportunity. He met Quellcrist with occupied jaws (thus conveniently making her unable to start the conversation and giving Elfie a chance to take an initiative) and he approached her more boldly than he would have. "Hey," he greeted her. "Watcha got there?" he asked.
128 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Her humming cut off abruptly and she jerked to a halt when someone appeared from a nearby tree line and greeted her. Quell's jaw fell slack enough that the trapped fish nearly slid out of her grasp. At the last possible second, she clenched her teeth, a little too hard. The coppery taste of blood filled her mouth and the fish ceased its movements.

She lowered her head and plopped the freshly dead prey at her feet, then righted herself and gazed at the stranger. Rather than answering his question, Q said, "Wow, you are beautiful." She had met wolves with reddish brown coloration before, usually on their points, but never before had she seen a wolf with a pelt like a fiery sunset.
506 Posts
Ooc — Me
Elfie had not thought much about, what he had expected from the conversation, therefore the enthusiastic compliment came as a surprise and left him speechless for a good while. Were girls supposed to say that? Was this one good at lying or just messing with him? 'cause the last he had looked at his reflection in the crystal clear water of the Arrow lake, he had not seen anything handsome about himself. Sickly lean, scruffy and dirty. 

"T-t-thanks," he shrugged. "You too?" he was not unsure, if that was the right answer, but then he made a wild move to steer the conversation in the way he felt more comfortable with. "Where did you get that?" he beckoned to the fish.
128 Posts
Ooc — Kat
She smirked when he awkwardly returned the compliment, though it wasn't a malicious expression. He seemed very focused on the fish, questioning her about it again, and Quell glanced down at it as if just now noticing it. In fact, she jumped theatrically when its tail gave a final dying flick.

"Whoa, where the hell'd that come from?!" she shouted, lavender eyes lifting as she shot the attractive stranger a bewildered look. Within a heartbeat, her face melted back into more of a smirk as she added, "I picked it off a tree, of course. I'd offer to share it with you, beautiful, but it's meant for Wylla. Any idea where I can find her?" Preferably before the fish began to rot and stink, which usually happened pretty soon after death.
506 Posts
Ooc — Me
"No, you didn't," Elfie interjected, when Quellcrist spun the tale of the fish-tree. In his experience nothing that could move on it's own or bleed was associated with plants. There was a dim memory of observing fish at some point in his life - it flashed before his eyes vividly and was gone again. Beyond the reach of Elfie's inner google-search. 

Wylla's name made him cringe - for a reason he could not either fathom or understand. And there was a very strong unwillingness of finding her, let alone be anywhere near her. "Ummm... I have no idea. You sure, you want to find her? She is kind of..." - creepy - he almost said this, but stopped in the right moment. His head snapped around and he scanned the surroundings, just in case the said wolf was lurking somewhere near. "... leadery."

He finished his sentence with a new word made by himself. It was harmless enough and only he knew that it was more an insult than a praise.
128 Posts
Ooc — Kat
"No," she agreed easily, "I didn't." She almost teased him for asking what it was and where she'd gotten it if he apparently already knew (all in good fun, of course!) but he distracted her with his remark about Wylla. It intrigued Quell mightily.

"...is that synonymous for heavily pregnant?" the youth joked instead. "What do you mean? I don't know much about her yet, except that she's eating for two or more. And fish is totes a super food." Her head cocked thoughtfully as she recollected what little she did know of Wylla otherwise, which did include a formal dominance/submission display at the borders upon meeting. "Actually, I know exactly what you mean. Hey, what's your name, btdubs? I'm Quell."
506 Posts
Ooc — Me
Since Elfie's accident right about the time he should have heard The Talk, he had skipped this lesson entirely and live in a blissful unawareness, how babies were made or where they came from. It was a little confusing than usual to be around some ladies of the pack nowadays, but he felt embarrassed by most girls these days, so he wrote it off as something normal and simply kept his distance.

"Maybe," he agreed, because Quellcrist sounded pretty confident on the subject. "Elfie," he replied. "When did you come here? I did not see you before the move?"
128 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Elfie? she caught herself thinking almost incredulously, certain he was joking. That didn't seem to be the case, though, so Q quickly replied, "Nice to meet'cha, Elfie. I came here right after the move, I think. Do you know Wintersbane? He's my dad."

But Q hardly gave him a chance to answer that before saying, "C'mon, you can come with me. I have to deliver this before it goes bad." She also didn't give him any time to argue, plucking the fish off the ground and motioning emphatically for him to come along.

Despite the fish's stink and the distraction Elfie presented, the young hunter managed to pick up the expecting Eisen's scent again. She didn't locate the woman herself, though she found a spot where Wylla's scent was particularly concentrated and decided to leave the fish there, mostly so she could free up her mouth.

"So, I was thinking," Quell said, as if they hadn't just met and she'd been ruminating a while, "would you like to go on a date sometime?" The idea had hit her somewhere in the silence between picking up and dropping off the fish. Her eyes sparkled merrily as they fixed on Elfie's face.
Members of Sagtannet are welcome to power-play Quellcrist (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not she's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!
506 Posts
Ooc — Me
Wintersbane? Yeah, probably. One of the big and scary-looking guys? According to Elfie's recent experience with leaders, that was exactly the type. Even Mahler, when looked upon from afar, gave him creeps. And Wylla, well... neither big, but scary as hell. Basically - in his opinion on the list of useful character traits for an alpha - being fear-inducing was within the top three if not the first and most important.

But he would not tell this to Quellcrist. "Oh, yeah, I know him," he shrugged and was glad that he betrayed no other misgivings about the guy in question. He followed the girl reluctantly to, where Wylla was supposedly residing and was quite glad, when he did not find her home. Was even gladder to get away from the place as fast as possible. 

"What?" her question confused him and he even forgot to compose his expression. "No, why?" he blurted out, not understand, what was it that the girl wanted from him.
128 Posts
Ooc — Kat
His rapid rejection might've actually stung a little—although she would've played it cool one way or another—except for the word that came right after the "no." Elfie didn't seem disgusted, more like utterly perplexed. Perhaps he didn't know what she meant, Quell mused.

A speckled shoulder rose and fell. "I just thought we could hang out and get to know each other," Q answered breezily, "like friends, only front-loaded with romantic expectations." She smirked and wagged her tail, hoping that came across as the joke it was intended to be. "I just think you're hot, so I wanted to ask you out," she added, trying to be as clear and straightforward as possible. "But if you're not feelin' it, that's okay!" She shrugged again, still smiling.
Members of Sagtannet are welcome to power-play Quellcrist (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not she's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!
506 Posts
Ooc — Me
Elfie listened to Quellcrist's explanation about the whole "let's hang out" business and what it entailed, and he suddenly felt as if he was sinking in a crowd of too many social norms that he was not familiar with or did not understand. "I am not feverish..." he murmured, when she mentioned him being hot, and for a split of a second he feared that she might have caught sight of that not all was right in his head. 

"What do you mean - "front-loaded with romantic expectations"?" he asked, instead of saying right away that he did not really want to hang out, if incomprehensible things were expected from him. Managing daily life was hard enought already.
128 Posts
Ooc — Kat
She couldn't help but smile, perhaps a little indulgently, at his muttered response. It really clicked with her, then, that he didn't have the first clue what she was really asking. Quell didn't want to take advantage any more than she wanted to push him. It was a shame, though; he really was a looker.

"Y'know what? Never mind about that. Let's just start out with being friends," Q said, "if that's cool with you, of course. Zero expectations," she spelled out, since clarification seemed pretty key here. "What's something you like to do for fun?" she wanted to know in the next breath.
506 Posts
Ooc — Me
Quellcrist did not delve into any further explanations, making Elfie feel uncomfortable and more confused than ever. Understanding things took real effort for him and, though she was not aware of his occasional troubles to connect with the world around him, he still felt a bit slighted and therefore unhappy. 

"Okay," he replied quietly, his brow still furrowed. "I..." he began to say, then paused and listened intently, the tips of his ears quivering slightly from the concentration. He heard a distant ringing sound, which he recognized all too well. "Oh no..." he muttered to himself, realizing that he had very, very little time to reach the hidden stash of herbs Mahler had given him, to deal with headaches and blackouts.

The last thing he wanted was for his newfound acquaintance to learn about the malady of his. "I need to go," he told her bluntly with a fleeting glance. He turned on his heel and made a mad dash to the place, where the medicines were. He hoped he would make it.

Felt like a good place to conclude and to make things even more awkward. I can start another one for the two of them, if you wish?
128 Posts
Ooc — Kat
She's currently out of town, though I can alert you when she gets home!

Rather than answer her, Elfie mumbled something haltingly, then announced his imminent departure before running away. Quell took an abortive step in the same direction, blinking. Well, that was pretty weird. Her head tilted as she wondered if she should feel bad about this peculiar development. After all, it came across like he was fleeing her proposal. She licked her lips. Maybe she had been overbearing, despite her attempts to dial it back to a lower key.

Even the chronically upbeat Quell wasn't impervious to rejection, so she couldn't quite suppress the slight of having a very attractive young man literally run from the idea of spending time with her. But she did her best to brush it off and get on with her day. She would swing by Wylla's place to make sure she'd received the fish, then perhaps throw herself into some small game hunting.