Stone Circle snowdrops keep falling on my head
201 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
open for anyone from z pack, or visiting @Emrik or @Ira !!!

Leta's snores were muffled by the snow that had surrounded her in her sleep, fortunately for anyone in the vicinity. She had exhausted herself hunting for hares (and failing several times over) and so she napped to restore some of the energy she had lost. The heavy snows of the Teekons surrounded her; by the time Leta awoke, she was buried under a fresh pile of the stuff. 

Pushing herself up, the snow cascaded down and around her with the exception of one rather large lump on her head. Having just woken up Leta was none-the-wiser, blearily looking left and right and blinking the sleep out of her eyes.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
DAUGHTER!!

Valette trotted through the territory. As usual, she kept up with the bison and the bison herd to see what they were doing, followed by going through the inner territories to check all the caches. As she was moving from one to the other she spotted her daughter. She smiled when seeing that some snow was stuck on her head. "Leta!," she greeted with a smile and then chuckled.

"Dearest daughter you got some snow on top of your head," she commented then, it was almost like a hat. She smiled at her tried to help her by pushing it off with her nose, though she felt if Leta would give a good shake she would get rid of it as well. She was glad to see Leta, glad she was staying even after two of the brothers decided to leave. Newt had only howled but Valette was quite hurt he didn't come to see her in person.
201 Posts
Ooc —
Groggily Leta turned to look at her mother; she moved so slowly that the snow had yet to budge. Her lips curled upward in a rosy little smile as the mocha girl leaned in to Valette with a quiet little: hmmm? before comprehending what her mother had said. Fortunately for her, Valette took care of her situation. Leta bashfully swiped at the top of her head with her foreleg, a little sluggish thanks to her just waking though it got the job done. 

Her tail waved as she grinned sheepishly. Oops, came her faint voice, rising some after she yawned and was more awake and aware. I just napped a little bit. I tried to hunt but didn't do as well as you, she admitted openly. Her goal was to become as good as her mother and she hoped the day would come. They're super fast! Leta observed aloud. Totally different taking those guys down than it was a bison... which was no easier, honestly. Would it ever become easy?
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette chuckled at het daughter when she shrugged off the snow. She was very cute doing that. Valette couldn't help but smile at her daughter. Only when she spoke that she was not good enough Valette shook her head. "Don't say that Leta," she commented and gave her a lick. "You shouldn't compare yourself to me. I am 4, turning 5 years this summer. I had a lot more practice and failed attempts," she assured her daughter. Gods, was she really turning 5 this year? Though she did like the idea that she would be old together with greyback.

"They are, but if they weren't they would be too easy to catch and all of them would die," she stated. "Where you need to be loud for the bison, you need to be quiet for the rabbit," she commented. 'Sneak attack." Valette added. She was more of a big game gal instead of hunting small game. She liked the meat better since there was more of it.
201 Posts
Ooc —
Age was just a number to Leta, who did not really understand it. Blinking, though, she respectfully did not refute her mothers point. To a point, she agreed, maybe I need some more failures, she added with a little wave of her tail. Hopefully, though, she would just succeed and not embarass herself before her pack. Her mother did a fine job in teaching her, and her siblings; Leta simply was just not yet a natural. But with hard work? 

That was what she needed to do. Work harder! 

Sneak attack, she echoed, hazel eyes brightening as she rolled her shoulders and asked with a grin: ...can we practice? and, excitedly (not even waiting a beat) how do I best do a sneak attack? with a waving tail that thwap, thwap, thwapped the snowy earth. Soon enough her plume had clumps of snow entangled in it, not that she realized.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette chuckled softly and then nodded. "You probably will, but with each failure you learn and get better at it," she assured her daughter. The female sat down, as she told Leta about the sneak attack. Valette smiled, having an idea for this. The female seemed so excited that she made a lot of noise once more. It was reminding her of her younger self.

"Why don't you try your sneak attack on me," she spoke and went to lie down. "You will hide and try to sneak up on me. I will tell if I hear you or just let you know that I saw you," Valette offered. She hoped Leta wouldn't be too rough pounding her. "You will have to be super quiet, alright?"
201 Posts
Ooc —
Okay!!! Leta shouted excitedly, before realizing she had already messed up. That was not quiet. I mean, okay, she whispered, tail waving. Leta darted behind her mother, trying to keep quiet in the process of that. Leta kept still for a little while knowing her mother would anticipate her approach given she knew she was there. After that though, she drifted forward in a crouch, quietly stepping closer and closer to her mother. 

Grinning, Leta tried her best to keep quiet. She was no expert at this though, and so her footfalls were not so silent as her mothers—and the rest of the adult hunters—could be. Progress had been made as she certainly wasn't plodding heavily, and she was concentrating on stepping quietly so she had made some sort of improvement. 

Just behind her mother now, Leta shifted her weight; her hindquarters danced left and right and her tail swayed in arcs behind her, brushing the snow and grass. Noise. Time to pounce and hope that her mother hadn't detected that (yeah, right); Leta sprung forward, now unable to withhold the excited little giggle that bubbled forth from her throat as she aimed to catch her mother. Leta did her best to not do anything that would hurt Valette, hoping to catch her in a hug.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette stayed seated in the clearing and turned her head when the female yelled 'okay'. Luckily she was quick to respond with a softer tone. Then she seemed to vanish and Valette went to lie down. She wouldn't mind relaxing as part of teaching her young. She loved how much Leta was trying her best to become a good hunter. She smiled at that.

When Leta charged at her she knew it by the noise that was coming from behind her. Valette jumped out of the way as soon as she heard the giggle. The Matriarch turned to Leta with a play bow, to initiate that she wanted to play or that her intentions were playful. Valette jumped towards her daughter. "Caught you instead," she grinned, tail wagging. She didn't want to discourage the girl though and licked her cheek. "So much better than last time."