The Bracken Woods The Garden
Hello, sweet Antichrist
148 Posts
Ooc — Vami
[Image: forest-waterfall-logan-ohio-wallpaper-preview.jpg]
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ9CFj8HUUj_iTwMBCVG3E...his4qQXw&s]

@Uriel , perhaps @Holly too?

It had been over a week since the hunting accident, allowing Hemlocke to know that though their numbers were few, he was already a part of something much more then himself... and he needed to prepare. Though there was little healing remedies able to survive during the winter, such as flowers, soft herbs and berries, others yet still survived. Plants used by their stems and roots instead of leaves and flowers. There was even types of fern and bark off trees used to mend ailments. He needed to collect, he needed to prepare. 

And finally, after many nights searching the vast, seemingly endless forestry, he had found the right place. It was a place worthy of being seen, fitted with a rocky drop with a small stream of a waterfall. The overhang deepened to a wide mouthed cave at one end. A large, open cavern as opposed to a tunneling system. It was enough room for himself, medical storage, patients and of course, any visitors alike. The water that fell split into two small creeks, but ankle deep. The creeks flowed around a large dirt mound, fitted with teenaged saplings. He could do wonders here, he knew and keeping himself busy would keep his mind from wandering to more darker thoughts.
hello Darkness,
my old friend.
sun-kissed
124 Posts
Ooc —
Away
The darkness had set with only the moon guiding her. Though she was awake, and wondering about. The owls hoo'd in the night, large eyes watching the phoenix in wonder, and she looked back, for them only to turn away. They were fearless, that was for sure. Hard to hunt when they were far up in the trees, especially the few hawks that glared at Uriel.

Perhaps the owls thought to be the guides of destiny, as unknowingly she was following them as they flew tree to tree, and somehow, she heard of falls. Uriel perked her golden ears, for the sound of waterfalls came to be, and thought to be unusual, for she never thought there would be one around. She thought to explore quite a bit- yet of course she would miss a few. The Bracken Woods are large, she could not see it all alone.

For the other was there already, and the lioness greeted, "Good day to you, Hemlocke," she dipped, "beautiful, isn't it?" Though she yet to see it's true value.

67 Posts
Ooc — Kaiya
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xmNaZqxNpI... I've had this song on loop the whole time I've been writing this and now successfully know every single word. Oh and I'm hopping in on this... <3

Earlier in the day, Holly had successfully caught two rabbits during a quite extended hunting trip. It wasn't much (as she owed her life) but she felt as if it was still necessary, a debt she would repay some way or another. She had hidden the rabbit before she went back, careful to wash off the scent before returning. Now she retrieved the two meals, her prized possessions at the time, and set them carefully in her clamped jaws. Dropping her muzzle to the ground, Holly caught the scent of Uriel and took off, stalking her (in a nice way). Finding she was even luckier when the trail was accompanied by another smell, Hemlocke had also walked this way.

Tracking the two all the way to where they stood, Holly crept silently through the shadows and out of the two's line of sight. All of her focus had recently been planted upon her companions and when it turned to the actual landscape the beauty overtook her. Accidentally dropping the rabbits, a distant "woah..." escaped her; breathy, airy. Holly had traveled far and wide but never had she ever stumbled upon something of this gorgeous magnitude. Her travels mostly consisted of trees, in all directions, all the time. The sight pinned her, trapped her, and she was breathless.
Smile. It looks good on you. Yes I stole this from Pinterest.
Hello, sweet Antichrist
148 Posts
Ooc — Vami
lmao, nice kaiya!

Soon the shadow within the darkness of the night, would not be alone with only the Moon and stars above. Uriel joined him, seeking him out now that night had come. She didnt sleep all that much, it seemed, taking power naps here and there more then anything. Sometimes when Hemlocke woke during the day, he was restless and at unease. Now he could at least fumble about the storage area and tend to the medicines whilst the sunlight trapped him. 

Isnt it? He spoke, lifting his head and looking over the tall golden woman. Another golden hued female soon arrived, Holly. She was much smaller then Uriel and himself, very thin and lean and it was no surprise that she clutched two plump rabbit's in her jaws. She was a small game huntress and likely a good scout, too. His devilishly large ears perked, hers too being comically large. He wasn't the only one with some odd characteristics in the group any longer. 

When she dropped the rabbits in awe, a small curling up of his maw is offered. Wine eyes turned from his golden partner's and back towards the scenery. His long legs shift, moving to hop over the small creek and onto the mound. I thought this could be our Medical Garden. He spoke, bloodied eyes shifting between the two young women.  I could plant various herbs here on this mound, those which require more water down by the creek... those who need dryer land or shade, up by the trees. As he spoke,  he moved, signaling the areas in which he spoke of with a paw or jut of his long muzzle. The creek bed and the rocks can help clean the herbs, wounds and make poultices... And the cavern... He continued, moving off the mound and towards the large opening of the cave. Can be for storing other medicines and any severe patients or nursing mothers if they do not have their own space made.  Though he was a man of monotones and whispered words, the excitement may be seen within those swirling burgundy eyes.
hello Darkness,
my old friend.
sun-kissed
124 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Silver eyes focused on the fall, which kept the essence of the moon within. a beautiful reflection she thought, "Hello Holly," Uriel greeted, and took note of the two hares she held. It seemed the other was better, and was thankful it did not result into a serious concussion, but many days of bedrest. She imagined there would be left-over pain like the lioness had, but her's was only a minor bruise, and was well now.

"That sounds perfect." A haven for the healers, and a place for mothers to come through. This season, she thought, there would be none, and to soley focus on gaining attention and attraction to further evolve the ward. Members was what they were needed, and only were a band of wolves for now. She dare not call them her own until a solified community is here- but the intentions were clear. Uriel had already made relations with other, negative or positive, she was known.

"Have you brought a feast to celebrate Hemlocke's discovery?" She turned to Holly and smiled.

67 Posts
Ooc — Kaiya
Uriel greeted her, and to that she smiled and nodded "Hello you two!" Hemlocke began telling both the flaxen women about his plans for the beautiful place of which the trio stood. Holly giggled at the thought that this could be Hemlocke's heaven, she was glad he had found somewhere to pursue his (what seemed to be) passion. She found that neither of her friends looked concerned and it eased her thoughts, they weren't wasting their breath worrying about her. It was true, she felt better. But the lingering feeling of dizzy panic and nausea made sure never to stray far from the woman. A hunter stalking its prey, waiting for the moment of attack as to leave the victim shocked and injured until it can strike again; fatally.

The waves of sickness came and went so regularly now that Holly barely had to try and hide it, it was simply her life now. Merely a side effect of her friend's life; a price to pay. Holly shook the thought off, no payment was bad enough to cause her to regret attacking the stag, never would she stoop so low. Have you brought a feast to celebrate Hemlocke's discovery? Shaking her head Holly realized she had gotten caught up in her thoughts, tangled in a mess of dysequilibrium. Holly had been staring into space, and was now staring into the face of reality. Today was like every other she decided as she sat calmly, hiding her uneasiness.

"Well it sure seems that way." Her voice may have been coming on too strong, as if she had been trying to hard, but Holly pretended not to notice. She tossed the rabbits near the others paws in quick succession, aim only being slightly off. "These are for you." Holly had always thought of the meals as gifts and reasoned that's why she couldn't eat them. Now another opinion settled in, she would probably vomit if she even tried a morsel of her newest catches.
Hello, sweet Antichrist
148 Posts
Ooc — Vami
The pair knew, if anything, Hemlocke had every intention of getting more prepared for Skyward. Whether it turn into a full fledged pack soon or whether it was just the three of them for awhile building their bonds together, the shadow would make sure to be more prepared in the future. It had been a time since he had felt useful after his mother had died and in her last year at an elder age he had learned much from his mother and how to tend to her. Now he would be useful again, needed amongst his brethern. 

He watched Holly carefully, seemingly caught up in her thoughts and then at Uriel's words, she tossed the rabbits into their direction. Hemlocke collects the rabbit at his footing, taking a few long strides until he is at the mouth of the cave and settles it within for safe keeping. Thank you. He speaks and moves back towards the pair. Come sit. He speaks as he sits down by the small creek bed. His eyes shift between Uriel and Holly, though settle on the smaller woman. He could tell she looked unease though didnt speak it up outloud. Soon he would have to get to searching and find something to ease her suffering, be it illness, anxiousness or both.
hello Darkness,
my old friend.
sun-kissed
124 Posts
Ooc —
Away
oof short post.

"I see, thank you." Uriel didn't the deny the gift that the other brought to them, feeling it'd be rude to deny despite feeling uncomfortable. She wondered how far did Holly go to get these, and unease on how she was moving, "you should rest." To the point the lioness had a hint of demand then the gentleness she should have toward a friend. Though she said so out of concern, and strode to join Hemlocke by the creek, "join us."
67 Posts
Ooc — Kaiya
Both of her companions accepted her gifts pretty well, but as long as she wasn't forced to eat some Holly figured their conversation would be fine. The pair then got up and moved to another spot. If this is some kind of trick to see if I wobble when I walk... Hemlocke seemed just to be offering her a seat with them but Uriel, on the other hand, sounded quite forceful in her reasoning. Cheese and crackers, what if this is a test!? Holly paused, if only for a moment, before standing and walking over. Though she was slower than usual, all she cared about was not messing up when walking.

As in fainting, tripping, waddling, stumbling, falling in general, the normal things one focuses on not doing. "I'm fine" she mused when the two got too concerned for the golden one's comfort; telling her she should rest. A playful eye roll complimented her reassurance, but there was one thing she was trying to figure out herself: who was she trying to convince, herself or her friends?
Ah I'm sorry! This was so bad!
Hello, sweet Antichrist
148 Posts
Ooc — Vami
This may be a last post for me on this unless another is needed. :)

Darkened burgundy eyes were ever watchful, keen on Holly after Uriel came towards him by the creek and urged Holly to do the same. Hemlocke breaths in deeply, focusing his stare upon the slight golden woman. A test indeed and although she did not fall the effort in which she took in order not to do so only meant that yes, there was in fact something wrong. 

Only time can mend. He spoke. When it came to things like having your brains rattled about, he only knew of remedies which would help the symptoms of it, not correct the cause itself. If you feel ill, dizzy... we can find something for that. He said we, insinuating that if it made her feel better they could go as a team to look for the herbs together. That way she didnt feel like she was any burden. After all, Hemlocke needed to start gathering anyhow, be it Holly's injury or not. 

Offering her a smile upturn of black lips, his attention shifts from her to Uriel, to the scenery around them in this clearing in the forest and back again. He grows silent, happy that he had come to this place and that he had found them.
hello Darkness,
my old friend.
sun-kissed
124 Posts
Ooc —
Away
"Perhaps we can all rest here." It seemed maybe they all were overworking and overworrying, so Uriel suggested a group nap; a childish plore. Though maybe it is what they needed, as she too was starting feeling more tired as the days were on. It was truly a beautiful place, after all.

"Feast and sleep," it sounded nice, she couldn't deny.

67 Posts
Ooc — Kaiya
Hemlocke seemed to settle on the idea of assisting Holly but once again she denied "I'm fine Hemlocke" She offered a returned grin, thanks but no way it seemed to say. Uriel didn't relapse back to her health too much though, as all the golden woman suggested was a peaceful nap. The lady also included food but Holly could avoid that. 

"I ate earlier. But I'm not sure how one could deny sleep at such a fitting time!" she mused. The ray pawed the ground for a second before lying on her stomach, her head propped on her crossed forepaws. She quietened, still aware of everything and positively awake, just still as she allowed the sound of her friends and nature to surround her and her thoughts.