Sawtooth Spire lichtgebunden
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
All Welcome 
set for today 2.11.20 at dusk

mahler, finally too wearied for the time being for another hunt, another patrol, another conversation, broke bread beneath a lone oak overlooking the valley. a rabbit; he divided it neatly with his teeth, allowing himself the luxury of a slower meal. 
here he was eisen. here the lead she-wolf carried his children. here their claim was massive, self-sufficient, a sprawling pack to defend their lands. sagtannet was thriving.
why could he not quell the disquiet in his heart?
[Image: 2711649b07fc604164cb120b1b417fa3cf47bccc_00.gif]
i n n e r p e a c e
229 Posts
Ooc — H2O
She found herself alone once again on this silent mountain peak. wind whistled in her ear as the cold breeze would soon settle for the night upon the peaks. she had dug herself a den, though took to exploring sometimes when she felt restless. for a woman her age, you'd expect her to sleep just fine. yet, she would struggle to find her inner peace and would venture out in hope of something new and revealing.

the sun would slowly leave his throne and let his moon take to the sky, her light ever so faint during the day but overpowering at night in the most beautiful way. she still had daylight to kill, however, the sun was not dead. her journey around the land in a sort of mock border patrols became her daily strolls, with scenting here and there to provide a helping hand. she was not an aggressive woman nor easily provoked, but if one day gracious needed to, she'd die a hero to protect others.

her thoughts are stolen away, however, as she came across someone in her path. dark colored, like wintersbane, but not quite the same shade. a clean kill at his feet, already picked at. she had a feeling she interrupted his meal. she chuffed at him, though her ears fell back against her head in a slight manner. "i hope i am not interrupting your meal" she said sheepishly, trying to remember this one's name she was told before.
[Image: source.gif]
Gracious is currently traveling with Oceane; she is allowed to join all threads Gracious is in unless they are marked private 
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
just about to take another bite, mahler instead paused, lay his stoneflower stare upon the woman who approached. one of wintersbane's, he decided, for the greyscale woman had not been a part of diaspora. her eyes, silvered; she reminded him of sarah in many ways, and in no ways at all.
"that is all right," mahler grunted, straightening from his kill. "i do not believe ve have met. i am mahler, another eisen here." he was content to be part of the trio; it was a carefully chosen council that had served sagtannet well thus far.
i n n e r p e a c e
229 Posts
Ooc — H2O
she stepped closer towards him, but kept her eyes away from his kill. she didn't want to send the wrong idea. instead, she settled onto her haunches, grey diamonds blinked at lilac ones for a moment. mahler was a nice name, it certainly rolled off her internal voice's tongue nicely.

"it is a pleasure to finally, officially, meet another eisen here" she said calmly. she had yet to meet the last one, the female lead. however, the task to discover the new lands was a clear message everyone in the pack heard. gracious had already taken part, though later in her free time she would perhaps find a new serenity pool that she had last time in the vale.

"thank you," she started off as she licked her coal black lips, "for letting us join your family. dispersing and having to find a new group is tiresome for anyone, but you helped us stay together. melkor's trust in diaspora, and your trust in our Court -- it helped everyone." she could only be thankful, her family stayed together but was also able to expand. hopefully, she would be able to learn to love the diaspora wolves the same way.
Gracious is currently traveling with Oceane; she is allowed to join all threads Gracious is in unless they are marked private 
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
the woman was full of thanks, a full-fledged rose to the budding antics of some others within his ranks. mahler was pleased, humbled, made softer by the praise she granted. sagtannet had been a joint effort, but her appreciation of he and diaspora especially quelled the mutiny against her presence that had risen within the gargoyle.
"eat vith me," he invited. his lilac stare roved over her features. "vhat is your name?" surely the she-wolf would have a name that reflected her gentility. "how long vere you vith the court before the merger?" came mahler's next question, as he reclined in the snow to await her answer.
i n n e r p e a c e
229 Posts
Ooc — H2O
his stare of amethyst held a mixture of warmth, yet there was still the lingering coldness. It was transofmrative, enticing even. his invitation to join her caught the woman by surprise. she was a mere subordiante, to be offered a spot near to someone with power like him, and someone so new to her, it was a breath of fresh air for her. cautiously, she came closer and settled across from him, paws delicately crossed over each other in a polite manner.

"gracious," she responded to the question of her name, "i was a founding member of the court; the values we had, the family we shared -- it was too great to give up." she paused for a moment, a gaze went to her paws with a thoughtful expression. "i am sad, however, that our Undomiel wasn't able to make it with us." Her ears flattened against her skull, lip curled into a frown for a moment. "but i am glad, also; she made the connection between us and diaspora, and it has led us here, to sagtannet."
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
mahler was not unaware of her charms, for she carried herself with an assuredness that could only be earned. this gracious — the gargoyle was delighted that it was so fitting — already ensnared his intrigue.
yet he had pledged himself to wylla, if only in thought. her trust must see through to the end of the season; any intrigue would break it completely.
but he could not fully keep himself from admiring gracious, and so his lips curved in a wan bow. aurëwen, andraste; whatever names she had borne, she had made a good place for her wolves.
"her contribution has not gone unnoticed," mahler said softly. "i am glad that you are here, gracious, and i hope you thrive."
i n n e r p e a c e
229 Posts
Ooc — H2O
the gaze is even softer when a smile is paired with it, gracious could feel her plume gently flop against the soft ground in a mild wag. she liked this man, he was charming in his own way. his words, almost like poetry to her hears, provided a larger sense of welcome. she had yet to fully integrate herself with the wolves of diaspora, but she was at least starting off on the right foot; making friends with the leader.

he spoke kindly of andraste, and to that gracious held thanks for. beyond the talk of the lost moon maiden, his kind words of her presence and the hopes of her future bring a smile to her face as well, black cheeks spread curled at the edges. "you are a kind soul, mahler. i hope your wolves have come to appreciate you the same way i have." she hoped she could have more conversations with him like this, she had a feeling there was more to him than what he led on.

"i pray you do not mind that i ask, but what is your group like? i have yet to meet all of them, but i like assume they are all wonderful." the more she learned about the others, the more she could prepare herself for the actual meeting, it would save her trouble and more importantly help kindle good relationships between all the members and gracious. trouble was the last thing she looked for.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
he had been rather spoiled with a good deal of feminine attentions this year, though only one among them held fast in the doorway of his heart.
he was awash with a surge of anxiety. she had given birth before, but he was a large wolf. suppose nature played a cruel trick upon them both and —
no.
"we are a rather cold aloof bunch," the gargoyle answered honestly, "but honest and loyal to vone another even beneath great strain. if you earn the trust of a diasporan volf, you have earned a great treasure indeed."
"but now ve are all sagtannet," mahler went on, drawing his gaze across the horizon rather lovingly. "and it is my hope that ve all vill come to share such a bond."
i n n e r p e a c e
229 Posts
Ooc — H2O
cold, aloof -- gracious knew these traits often kept wolves alive through avoiding unnecessary interactions with others. while she prefered to be welcoming and friendly, she knew the benefits of the other personalities. they kept others away and helped keep the lone wolf alone. trust, on the other hand, was a virtue that cannot bloom if there is coldness through the whole period. it must melt away, aloofness must turn into politeness. obviously, the diaspora sided wolves had the trust of each other, and that was something important to have in a group.

she knew wintersbane was worthy of her trust, with a few others in the court. but if she were to provide more thought, there weren't too many wolves she could say have her full trust. trust kept others alive, but trust could be broken if the wrong steps are taken.

"yes," she responded, "trust is what keeps us together. i know it will grow the more time our different halves mesh together. a beautiful mixing of cultures and wolves; sagtannet is something special." she held excitement in her heart for this new adventure. though she was growing older, she still got kicks out of things, she hoped this pack could possibly be a forever place and home for her.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
gracious was hopeful for the future of sagtannet, and he could not help but become touched by her mood. his mind flared with an image of sarah; for some moment, the soft, poignant words of his new packmate had reminded him of the silver woman. he must see her, and soon.
"what role do you see yourself fitting here?" mahler inquired. gracious had the aura of a healer, perhaps even a teacher. sagtannet already held the rich histories of both former packs; perhaps she could carry forth that lore. there was nothing truly to indicate her age beyond the butterwarmth of her presence, the confidence of her steady gaze, a nuturing assurance to her words. motherly, maybe, was the best way to describe this pretty virtue.
i n n e r p e a c e
229 Posts
Ooc — H2O
when his question came of her role in this pack, gracious had to pause for a moment to think. she hadn't really put much thought into her place quite yet. she remembered back to her time in tindome, how she aimed to be a healer and counselor. they were in need of warriors at the time, it was a surprise they let her in. but yet, gracious had taken notice to the fact that there were many mercenaries in sagtannet. gracious would have the chance to do something she doesn't normally get to do -- pick.

"i haven't given it much thought, to be honest with you, mahler," she said​ as her eyes gently aim to glance at his, "i served as a counselor spot for the court; i enjoy the idea of knowing i can help others, to guide others." gracious was glad to know that sagtannet had a good number of mercenaries present, they made the bulk of the fighters and gave room for her to have more choices as to what she wants to do. "but if there are other spots you need filled for sagtannet, i would be happy to help in any way i can."

selfless, a great virtue to have. yet, sometimes it led people to forget about themselves.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
a counsellor. he had only ever considered it one time, and it was attached to the name he had not forgotten in all these months. ruenna. wherever had she gone? mahler found it fitting that she had been layered over by the fairy-queen, but in the end, both the court and liri's hope had returned to the earth.
painful.
"i have not spoken vith you long," he murmured after gracious had finished, "but it vould appear you are more than suited to the task." her honeyed, easy demeanour and inviting tones would be an asset to any leaders. applying them to the resident trio of eisen could only benefit sagtannet.
i n n e r p e a c e
229 Posts
Ooc — H2O
gracious' heart of platinum love could provide support for the broken hearts of sagtannet, should there be any to her knowledge. she had yet to make her rounds but enjoyed the faces she has met so far. perhaps soon she would earn the spot of being the shoulder wolves cry on, or the ears to listen to a soft voice when the world goes deaf. she would be there, for the quiet and broken, till the end of her time.

"thank you." she said kindly, appreciating mahler's disposition towards her. "if you don't mind me asking, what trades have you acquired? i'm sure you must have great talents in your fields." while leaders needed to lead, it was good when they specialized in things at times. whether it was hunting, battling, or healing -- a leader having a mastered skill was something everyone could benefit from.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
mahler hoped that gracious would choose to be the voice in the ear of the eisen. time would tell, but he knew for himself that she was already proven to be a delightful part of sagtannet. "ach," he scoffed self-deprecatingly. "i am a hunter and a guardian, but also our midvife."
he paused to see how gracious might take that utterance. many women found it distasteful that a man would want to spend his time inside a birthing den, a place of feminine power and secrets. but mahler had always been able to remain rather objective, thriving upon the invigorating chaos of delivery.
i n n e r p e a c e
229 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Hunter, guardian --- midwife? that was quite the concoction of skills one could acquire. gracious admired him for his durability, she had yet to truly hone in on one true skill. while any wolf could hunt or even fight, it took practice and a lot of failure to get better. she wondered about his trainings in silence for a moment. but when she thought back to midwife, gracious shot him a curious smile.

"it is so wonderful that you took up that job, you can't be squeamish when it comes to birth and whatnot" gracious didn't really bother herself with who can have what job. everyone was an equal to each other, that would never change in her head. equality meant allowing others to follow their jobs that suit them best, as well as giving everyone a fair chance to try something new. males were often never midwifes, due to the fact that it was just simply a more female-dominated area of care. there were hardly ever male healers to begin with! perhaps it was due to second nature between the genders, but often the line was blurred.

"how many litters have you helped with?" that was the true question. doing one or two was great, but delivering multiple would mean a certain level of skill and experience had been accumulated. mahler was becoming more and more interesting by the second.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
a crooked flicker to the edge of his mouth. "many vomen find it distasteful that a man should vant to be inside the den," mahler murmured simply, "but i did not allow myself to be shamed for it." why would he? his skills were great, the gargoyle knew, to rival even that of the woman olive.
"last year i helped to vhelp two litters. i oversaw the post-partum time of two more mothers, and vas called avay to tend the premature birth of an ally." strange now, the recounting of it. lilac eyes shown with a momentary warmth. "this year, the children that come into sagtannet vill be my own." strange then, too, thinking of such things.
i n n e r p e a c e
229 Posts
Ooc — H2O
men being inside the den could be a controversial topic, but oftentimes gracious was just happy there was someone to do the job. with her lack of structure in her family, she hadn't really created an idea of gendered roles; she understand most that women looked after kids and men protected, but oftentimes it got blurred between the lines. as long as positions were filled, gracious didn't mind who did what.

mahler was confident in his skills, he has done enough to prove it. the talk of his own being born, that caused gracious to stir up with glitter in her eyes. "oh mahler, congratulations. it must be so exciting to know you're going to be a father. are you hoping for mainly girls, or boys?" it was a question couples expecting would always get, the preferance of gender. she was curious about his choices and desires for his litter. "how is she doing, the mother of your children?"
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
her reaction pleased mahler; he could not hide the flicker of pleasure in his own gaze to match that of gracious. he did not have the heart now to tell her now that he had been a father before, that he still grieved his first children. "only healthy children," he murmured in response. he was still worried for their sake, and that of wylla.
she seemed to have kept quiet the paternity of her litter, and so he would respect that. "she is doing vell. ve are looking forvard to their arrival," mahler murmured, keeping his tonality vague. "i vas vondering if pups vould also be born to courtfall volves this year."