Moonspear early wonders
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
All Welcome 
The day was breaking in, as the light was only just touching the earth. She could feel the warmth of the sun on her eyelids as Desdemona delicately crept one eye open as she peered out onto the brigthened world. Still dim, but for her, it was the beginning of the day. She was an early-riser.

The spider stretched out her limbs and let out a yawn. She felt stiff, and momentarily jogged within place to get a good feeling within her joints. She wasn't a fool to mess up the one body she had, and Desdemona had her early routine. 

Now she was ready to patrol.

529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Nikai had never seen anyone jog in place. It wasn't something he'd been taught and it wasn't something that he had ever considered. Perhaps as his body grew older he might, but for now, when he happened upon his pack mate in the early morning, it was a sight to see. Are you alright there? What's going on? he could not help but wonder -- not because he wanted to be rude, but because he genuinely wondered if she was having some sort of trouble getting forward. In hindsight it seemed unlikely she would be stuck or something, but as Nikai approached he just waited for her answer rather than theorising more himself.
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
She supposed daily routine was not a regular activity for the peaceful wolves of the spear. Though for Desdemona, it was something that kept her sane within the old forest of her maiden pack, a way to get the mind off of all else. It felt refreshing to get the sweat on and energy high within the early mornings, a mediatation period of preperation. Later it would continue at times, within a run around the mountains.

"I am fine," the spider said cooly, reassuring the other, "it is morning stretching."
529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Nikai was a lot unlike the other wolves of Moonspear; he was not a fighter, not a guardian, not a warrior. He was a storyteller and a wolf who wanted everyone to get along and work together well. Nikai felt a little awkward as his pack mate said she was just stretching and he grinned awkwardly. Oh, right. Stretching before you run? Is it for exploring or patrolling? Or maybe a third option, but he was sure he'd hear. Nikai had been a scout prior to becoming a storyteller, though he'd been young enough to not needing a lot of stretching. Well, not until losing his leg, anyway.

Care you show me some stretching excercises? I've been a lot more stiff in my body in the mornings since losing my leg. Nikai glanced back at his missing leg, unsure if she'd noticed it yet -- at least, whether or not she'd seen, she hadn't yet stared -- and then back to his pack mate.
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
[Image: Wolf-Stretching_art.jpg&v=1492450283]

"I start my day doing so; the events of the day are not required." Even if it was simple walking around, Desdemona does it every morning. A habit and ritual, she would never start the day without doing so, and felt uncomfortable if it was disturbed. She was thankful he did not stop her, only after she had done so and asked with a curiosity. One could never not be prepared, and she enjoyed feeling active within the legs regardless of what was to come. Hunting, patrolling, exploring of sparring, she would always be up for the par.

She noticed his leg, but said nothing. Plenty of wolves can manage without one albiet difficulty, especially loners, "sure." She figured though, without a leg balance would be hard. Though that itself was quite a simple feat to fix, and so Desdemona walked toward a tree, looking back to make sure he was watching. She lifted upright upon the tree, paws high up as legs stayed low. It was like a regular stretch on the ground, but lift upper paws high up while forcing legs to the floor, putting pressure upon the tree. It felt nice for her back as well, while slightly bending toward the movements. 

"it will be easier for you." When she was done and hopped off, Desdemona motioned him to the tree to do the same. Balance would be simple with it's help.
529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
It was interesting enough that this business-like agile wolf who seemed interested in physically keeping herself in shape would say nothing about his leg. Maybe she'd seen one with a missing leg before, Nikai thought to himself. Seemed a good attitude to train regularly, though.

Nikai smiled as she agreed to show him something and followed as she walked to a nearby tree. He watched as she did the exercise, though it seemed like it'd be trickier for him. Balance was an issue sometimes, even though over time Nikai had learned to live with three legs pretty well. Alright, let's give it a try, Nikai said optimistically when she hopped off the tree. Nikai was pretty sure when he got there he would be alright, but getting there might be the trickiest thing.

The first time Nikai reared up he misgauged his balance and his front paws missed the tree. He caught himself on the ground and just tried again right away. This time he caught one of his paws on the tree and while the other flailed to keep his balance of the single hind leg, he managed to place it on the tree in time before he would topple over. He then stretched back a little, which he felt in his back, as he tried to mimic what she had done. Neat, he commented. Am I doing it right?