Porcupine Ridge It's Been A Long Time Coming
taking a ride on a cosmic train
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki

The view was beautiful. Overlooking some kind of vale, Reiko sat at the edge of the cliff in wide eye wonder, watching the stars as they speckled the sky, lashes catching the snow as it slowly fell from the heavens. She was tired, but wired all at the same time. Assuming that the others would lay down to rest for the night before they began their travels again in the morning - and so she sat solitary on the mountain side, silent as to not disturb anyone.

Oh... The sigh was caught in her chest as she looked up, dancing lights in the skies snaked its way across the dark canvas. Inching her way closer to the cliff's edge as if it would help her get a better view, it had felt like a lifetime ago since she had last seen such lights. It reminded her of home. Caught in a whirlwind of nostalgia, she didn't realize her toes were grasping around the edge, holding onto it while her head craned its way skyward.
Hiromi, Yuudai and Takeshi are welcome in all threads Reiko is in unless marked as Private! When outside of Northstar Vale it is always assumed one of her guards is near by and will be tagged into the thread if necessary!
Healing (2/6)
Severe bite wounds along neck, moderate along nape, and bruising. Healing will take 6 weeks starting Saturday, July 04.

158 Posts
Ooc — Kegana

There was no sleeping for Yuudai, at least not yet. There were so few of them in their little travelling and Yuudai didn't fully trust the other two wolves, Ibis and Vespera. Someone had to keep watch during the night while the others slept, and right now, Yuu had taken that responsibility on himself. Perhaps in a few hours he would rouse one of the others.

As he watched the others doze, he noticed Reiko venture off on her own. She didn't go far, simply creeping toward the edge of the mountain, her gaze fixed on the sky. The lights danced along the blackness of the night. He smiled softly at her juvenile expression, her child like innocence one of her most endearing qualities.

As she crept closer and closer to the edge though, Yuudai's smile fell. His heart beating faster and faster, Yuu slowly rose and made his way toward her. Carefully disentangling himself for Himori and stepping over the others. "Reiko!" He called in a sharp whisper, not wanting to alert the others, but needing to get her attention. He could hear small bits of rock coming lose beneath her feet, and he sprinted the remaining distance. He came alongside her suddenly, trying to place one of his paws directly infront of her small frame. "What are you doing? He frowned, his tone washed in worry with a tinge on anger.
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki

Completely swallowed up by the sight, she didn't hear Yuudai's soft but alert call to her. Not completely at least. It took a moment for her to clue in to what was happening, someone's paws coming nearer. Curious to see who was approaching, she twisted her head backward, she saw Yuudai of all people approaching - at a fast pace too.

With a smile she fell backward, a soft push from him interfering with her and the cliff, his leg blocking the path was the only thing necessary left to give her that little push to fall backward. A soft thud with her back hitting the ground, and giggle escaping her lips instead of a cry. Yuu and Mimi's presence could simply not be dampened tonight. 

Look Yuu, With a delicate paw she pointed to the sky, The lights, they followed you. Happily she laid there under his presence, eyes darting from him and the sky, appreciating both in one view from below - hind limbs and tail hanging lightly over the cliff while the plush limb flickered in the empty abyss as it dangled there. The princess' legs curled over her chest.
Hiromi, Yuudai and Takeshi are welcome in all threads Reiko is in unless marked as Private! When outside of Northstar Vale it is always assumed one of her guards is near by and will be tagged into the thread if necessary!
Healing (2/6)
Severe bite wounds along neck, moderate along nape, and bruising. Healing will take 6 weeks starting Saturday, July 04.

158 Posts
Ooc — Kegana

Yuu shook his head, frustrated by her recklessness. How she had survived the last year without him he would never know, but he would thank the divine intervention that continue her life. At her words he tilted his head toward the sky, acknowledging the twirling lights. His frown slipping into a small smile, “It would appear so.” He didn’t appreciate how close she lingered to the edge, but he could accept it since she was now at least lying down. Reclining beside her, he focused on her rather than the sky. It was a better view anyway.
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki

Briefly she wondered if he would lay down too and stare up at the sky with her, but of course not. Instead, she was met with his gaze, lavender glinting in the dim light as she could feel his gaze resting on her. Try as she might not to lock eyes, it was nearly impossible not to give him her attention in return. Heat rose to her cheeks and she all she could do was turn her head to the side, stealing wayward glances as she spoke softly. It has been a long time since I have had so much attention.

Where were you months ago?

She wanted to ask.

I could have died! Where were you if you were searching!

I missed it. Plumes of white blossomed from her lips as she spoke. I missed you. She meant to say. Every word betrayed her thoughts, she instead chose to go down the more pleasant route - no need to bombard him yet with everything that had happened. She had so much to tell Yuudai and Hiromi and yet here she was, biding her time on the stories until they were more settled.
Healing (2/6)

158 Posts
Ooc — Kegana

keeping injuries kinda vague seeing as I haven’t finished his fight threads…

Yuudai gave an indulging look, “I think you’ve found a few to give you attention.” He gently mocked, casting a glance at the others sleeping. He finally gave in, taking, if possible, another step toward her. Finally taking up a position beside her and lying down. He stifled a groan, his hip still bothering him and the bruises aggravated.

“I’m sorry you know.” He spoke softly, words whispered to the wind, “I should have left with you.” Befitting a samurai, Yuudai spoke with honesty his words conveyed in respect. “It is my only regret.”
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
No problemo ;D

Most are here because of Ibis. She offered a cheeky grin in return. Sure Vespera was here due to her promise for a new beginning, but she had not told the others of that. Not yet. Two small females does not a pack make.

His groan did not go unnoticed. Sharp ears shot up at the sound and she closed her mouth in a curious glance, shooting him a questioning look along with a brow quirk. Are you injured?

Then the apology. With a soft click she shut her mouth for good this time, only gazing at the samurai for a moment before resting her head back down on the ground and stare up at the colours snaking their way across the sky. With a sigh, she pondered over it. If you did - She began, keeping her eyes on the sky, all wiggling that was happening before had stopped. She would have hunted us down. 

Wiggling her way closer to him, brushing shoulders with the pale man as they laid there, her facing the sky and him however he was. I think you did the right thing, leaving with Hiromi. We could not have left together safely, not for long. With a harder, playful bump of the shoulders, she continued. Took your sweet time catching up. She teased gently.
Healing (2/6)

158 Posts
Ooc — Kegana

He ignored her query about his injuries, as he currently had more than he particularly wanted to admit. Yuudai spared Rei a glance as she spoke of their departure. He nodded sharply, the guilt he cared resurfacing, the topic still to painful to broach.

“I apologize for my tardiness your highness.” Yuudai added seriously, dipping his head in an awkward bow form his prone position. He knew the tone of her teasing, but he truly was sorry that it had taken them so long to find her.
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki

With pursed lips and puffed cheeks, she wouldn't let his groan get off that easily. She'd find a way to get him to confess. For now, the woman's features softened to a smile. Out here, I'm not a princess. Being away from such a title for so long had stripped Reiko from such a feeling.

Mischief found its way to her visage as she squirmed her way closer to Yuudai, inching her way over as to close as much of a gap as possible. Anyone with eyes could figure out what the lady was doing - but she was on it regardless. Flipping around so she could be above the samurai now, firmly but not hard enough to cause much more than discomfort, she began to poke at his body. Anywhere, trying to lure out the sore spots with vocalization on his part.

I know you are injured you jerk.
Healing (2/6)

158 Posts
Ooc — Kegana

“You’ll always be a princess to me. You can’t change who you are.” He whispered softly, she could deny it all she wanted, but he could never see her as anything other than the princess he adored or the queen he would die for.

She thought she was being cute, and Yuu wondered if she thought she was being sneaky. Alas, Yuudai knew her antics, and simply rolled his eyes. Once again, an indulging smile formed on his lips. “I’m fine Reiko.” Although a particularly sore spot on his shoulder brough out a small gasp. Hiromi's love bite.

;) lol!
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki

Perhaps not, but I am not the same pup I was. Some could say she was stronger, wiser, she had survived so much, made new connections with individuals who were strangers. Connections that she had to make herself in order to survive.

There was one, the little gasp - it was there, under her paw, a little sore spot. Resting her paw on the area, she sat down now. Tail curling over hips as she looked down now on Yuudai, this time she had the vantage point above him. Tilting her head, she offered a saddened smile. Exasperated almost.  I'm not useless like I was back then. I grew up. Out here, mostly on my own. You don't have to protect me from the little things anymore. Let me help you.
Healing (2/6)

158 Posts
Ooc — Kegana

Pressing up from his prone position, Yuudai shook her paw off. "You were never useless." He held her saddened gaze with a glare of his own, "You shouldn't have had to grow up." His gaze dropped suddenly, his head turning away.

"I made a promise to your father Rei, I will protect you. Whether I'm wanted of not." It was futile to try and convince him of anything else.
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
I beg to differ. She said softly with a smile, thinking back to all the times everyone else had to save her, had to do something that she couldn't accomplish on her own. It was no place for a princess to do any of that, her mother would say. She had to prepare to be the image of the pack, to be by her husband's side and care for the children - other than that, they had no place to do anything. 

The one thing she thanked Hime for was her freedom from duties. Freedom to learn, to grow as an individual. It happened regardless. Her voice continued, pressing her chin against her chest - even if she enjoyed the freedom of exile, her heart continued to yearn their presence. She missed them both, what did she miss while away with Yuudai and Hiromi? Were they lovers now?

Her heart ached for either. Unable to chose one or the other to focus on.

You're always wanted. We can simply help each other now. There was a certain pride in her words. She can heal. Her knowledge of herbs was getting better and she even took an admiration to the sky. The stars. She could do so much more now. She even made a promise to Vespera for a home, an empire that would welcome all - and she would keep to that in time... she'd help everyone.
Healing (2/6)

158 Posts
Ooc — Kegana

Mhmm. Yuudai agreed softly with a nod, although he didn’t reveal his injuries to her. Not yet. They had only just been reunited, no need to sour the mood. “Lie down Reiko. I’m not dying, it’s just a few scrapes and bruises. You know my knack for finding trouble.” His voice was quiet, as usual, hardly loud enough to hear.

Flicking his head he waited for her to nestle softly against him. In a purely platonic fashion of course. She had never been available, there was no reason for that to change now. Besides he cared for Hiromi. Right?
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Okay. the word was mumbled under her soft breath, still she pouted at his reluctance but maybe, hopefully, she could persuade him eventually to trust her enough instead of hiding injuries. For now, she could only trust his words and let the topic slide. 

With that said and done, she was more than pleased to take up on his offer to lay down, even took note of the little silent invitation to lay down next to him - which she did. Turning to face the overhang, to see the vale below in all its splendor, all the while feeling Yuudai's warmth next to her. It was almost enough to have her drift off to sleep. Lids suddenly felt heavy, it was a comfort she hadn't felt for a while. The warmth of another. It felt both foreign and familiar, like an old smell that brought you back to your childhood. 

The fact that it was Yuu's warmth was all the better. It made her blush from under the thick coat of hers, heating her from the inside while he did from out. Try not to get into too much trouble hmm? She teased, thinking back to his words.
Healing (2/6)

158 Posts
Ooc — Kegana

wrap up?

Yuu smiled gently, his head curling around to look over the ledge with her. “I make no promises.” It was true he had a knack for getting into trouble and falling injured, but it was always in a good cause. He won’t be a bystander, not ever, he will always act as his conscience dictates. He could feel the desire to sleep, the gentle dropping of his lids the first indicator. But his duties were not finished for the evening, and as much as he desired to stay here at Reiko’s side he knew he mustn’t.

“Ready for bed?” Be breathed gently, not wanting to disturb her unnecessarily.
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Ha, jerk. Her lips curled into a fatigued grin as she muttered the words sluggishly. It was hard to determine whether he was being selfish or selfless by brushing off her concerns. His weight pressing against her was comforting, she could stay here all night despite how it might look to anyone who may wander by. 

According to mother, if she remembered properly, it wouldn't be 'appropriate' despite how close they were as friends. Those words must ring more true now that they were older and no longer pups. 

Begrudgingly she nodded at his question, I suppose it is time for bed, she thought to herself. With his guidance, she made her way over to snuggle up next to Hiromi instead, enjoying her warmth and presence while Yuudai wandered off into the dark while Reiko drifted off into a deep slumber.

Mild power play to wrap up this thread? Let me know if I need to edit it!
Healing (2/6)