Emberwood The enemy never sleeps.
323 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
All Welcome 
Maybe @Kavik, @Sarah or @Reiko? Otherwise AW.    :)

With Whitebark's numbers having dwindled over the weeks, Artyom felt driven to scout the nearby areas for any suggestion of where they might have gone. He supposed it could be that his comrades had simply taken their leave of the territory to hunt; perhaps the males had been drawn in by the scent of nearby she-wolves in heat. Regardless, he hoped they would return - or that the pack could recruit newcomers to support their Springtime litters.

He was grateful for the bitter temperatures, which rendered the marshland frozen. It meant he could go through instead of around, though the ranger was careful with each stride. Some ice cracked beneath his weight though, fortunately, he made it to the other side in one piece.

Artyom had not expected to be met with the borders of an unfamiliar pack, so paused to sniff at the invisible boundary. The markers there were fresh, and he could decipher from them that their leader was male. He lifted his head and peered beyond into the frosted trees, tongue snaking between lips to lick them in contemplation.

taking a ride on a cosmic train
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Carefully with deer-like strides, she wandered the woods, without a sound the specter of a woman wandered the borders. The snow being her most comfortable medium, her paws gingerly hitting the snow-covered ground and with ease, it didn't make any kind of tones to resonate in the desolate winter air. She had spent so much time at @Ibis' side, watching, caring for the woman that now that she was awake, Reiko's purpose in life had almost vanished just like that. 

She didn't approach the pale man at the borders, instead, with a cautious stance, she watched him while the plume of white escaped its pearly white cage with every breath she exhaled. She was much more cautious now with strangers than she once was perhaps a year ago from today. For now, she would wait to see what he did, would he cross the borders? Would he call for a meeting? Would he see her and initiate conversation? Or would he just go away, just like that? 

Which of these possibilities did she prefer?
Hiromi, Yuudai and Takeshi are welcome in all threads Reiko is in unless marked as Private! When outside of Northstar Vale it is always assumed one of her guards is near by and will be tagged into the thread if necessary!
Healing (2/6)
Severe bite wounds along neck, moderate along nape, and bruising. Healing will take 6 weeks starting Saturday, July 04.

323 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
He gazed into the wood for a time, scanning between trees for any sign of life. Artyom's tongue snaked between his lips to lick his dark nose thoughtfully before, after a moment longer, he turned away with the intention to venture further along the invisible border line.

From the corner of an earthen eye, he thought he saw movement. Dipping his tail, immediately submissive, he paused to look back and caught sight of a frosty plume of breath - and cool blue eyes staring out from amid a snowy backdrop.

The ranger crouched lower, unsure why the stranger chose not to intercept him. She simply continued to watch his movement and, not knowing if he should call out to her or simply be on his way, he chose to wait just a bit longer to see if she would step forth.

If she chose not to, he would not make attempt to draw her out - Artyom would simply move off.

649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
The options ran through her head, should she call for him and ask why he was here? Maybe it would spook him enough to run away all on his own. Maybe call for backup? Kavik or the others, someone else, maybe Sarah would be somewhere nearby and come to her aid when speaking to the stranger. But before she could make a decision on what would be the right course of action, their eyes met. She had been discovered, and a decision had to be made quickly. 

His lack of action eased her tense muscles, clearly, he waited for her first which was... soothing her nerves. He acted submissively, which was strange since she held no rank here other than a follower, a witch as they call it here, nevertheless, she took a hesitant step forward, welcoming him to chat. 

My name is Reiko, these are Uaine Gorsedd's woods. May I ask why you are here? Still keeping a relative distance between them, she found herself raising her voice just enough in order to call out to him. Her voice nothing but a song in the breeze as he worried of being a little too loud, or not loud enough.
Hiromi, Yuudai and Takeshi are welcome in all threads Reiko is in unless marked as Private! When outside of Northstar Vale it is always assumed one of her guards is near by and will be tagged into the thread if necessary!
Healing (2/6)
Severe bite wounds along neck, moderate along nape, and bruising. Healing will take 6 weeks starting Saturday, July 04.

323 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
He blinked, inhaled deep the strong scent of pack; Alpha or omega, this territory belonged to her. It was her home and he, an outsider on their doorstep - peering in windows.

The ranger smoothed back his ears temporarily, pricking them forward once more when at last the ghost shifted. He watched quietly as she stepped carefully from her hiding place, and offered a friendly sway of his tail as the smile that bloomed on his lips hinted at apology.

"My mate's co-leader disappeared while we were visiting our neighbours to the South," he told her, straight and to the point. "I am looking for her. Her name is Bhediya; she is expecting a litter in the coming month."
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
He was careful not to alarm her. The sway of his tail was greeted with a soft sway of her own plume, a welcomed sight before they began to talk. He was very well socialized, clearly comfortable and good at it - or at least in reading a situation and adjusting to it to ease his companion. 

Already she began to sink, knowing very well she was probably the worst individual to ask for a missing person. She had been keeping herself so tightly within Uaine Gorsedd's borders that she could only recognize their faces for the time being - unless one of them was who he was searching for... but her ears sank quickly, gluing to her skull as he pressed one step further before speaking.  I regret to inform you that we haven't seen Bhediya in a while.

Regretfully her cerulean eyes wandered away for a moment, thinking of what may be going on - though she and the dark-haired woman were never close. Honestly, Reiko thought that maybe the woman hated her for whatever reason. If I see her, I will send for you. Where do you hail from? So I may find you should the need arise. I will also let others know in the pack as well to keep an eye out for her.
Healing (2/6)

323 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Artyom's hopeful expression dissipated with the news that, although known to this pack, Bhediya had not been seen by them for a time. He blinked downward at the snow in quiet contemplation, wondering if perhaps any of the others had passed along this way. His mate's wayward brother, Sunny, or perhaps her young nephew Valiant. Though he had not met them formally, they were Dawn's family - now his by the commitment he made to her.

"Thank you. I make my home at Whitebark Stream," he answered, gesturing with a cant of his ivory muzzle over a gilded shoulder, "at the opposite side of the marsh and beyond the maplewood. My name is Artyom and my mate is Dawn, she is our leader."
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Offering a soft dip of her head, the pale woman couldn't help but wonder how rude she must come off as. Speaking to a new face, from a different pack, a possible ally, with such distance between them. She could only hope that maybe he understood her predicament, that maybe there was some uneasiness in her veins that stopped her in her tracks. Maybe there wasn't even a thought that crossed his mind about the distance at all. 

It was simply against her upbringing. 

It's a pleasure to meet you Artyom. If only we met in better circumstances. As in not to chat about a missing person. Is there anything else I may assist you with? There was no rush, once the man has been fully helped and felt comfortable enough to go back home or search elsewhere - she would go off and look for Kavik.
Healing (2/6)

323 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
He turned his head to face the pallid she-wolf again, listening with a forward prick of his lobes. Artyom hummed softly to himself as he contemplated Reiko's comment, then let silence linger between them for a moment longer before he dipped his muzzle respectfully in agreement. "If only," he echoed.

"I thank you for the time you've spared to speak with me," he carried on, "but I'm afraid we have others who have been missing for a number of days - my brother-in-law, @Sunny, and his son @Valiant." He hated this. He hated every ounce of stress and worry that weight on Dawn's already wearied shoulders, and hoped that their absentees would think to make an appearance sooner rather than later to soothe the silver Alphess' woes.
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Not to be picky, but she did introduce herself, it’s her second post! <3 ARTYOM LISSEN BOI LOL

”The world is a cruel place, we must help one another as much as possible, when possible.” To those who were kind enough to repay the kind gesture or at least not take advantage of it. It was hard to know who to trust these days, and slowly Reiko would see her naivety flutter away with age as she learns what the world was like away from home.

“We all have missing loved ones -“ Some more than others. Ibis was missing her brother, Kavik, his lover and some of his children. The list went on and on for all. “The more who know of them, the more eyes and ears are out however. I will keep my ears open for their names as well.” But that didn’t mean they should all lose hope on those loved ones. 

Maybe some day they’ll return.
Healing (2/6)

323 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Lol sorry, I are dumb.  xD   I edited the post.
He found appreciation for her sentiment, and communicaed such with the satified swaying of his dense ivory tail. "It can be," the hunter responded in agreement, knowing all too well how swiftly the world could turn against the innocent. Fate had robbed Artyom of his beloved Ana, Dawn off her cubs, yet still they continued to find the hope and will to carry on. A desire for something more.

"Thank you," he repeated, content to conclude their talk of bitter losses, "I hope they return soon." A pause, and the ivory ranger shifted his weight as the cold nipped at his paw pads. "I will continue my search. Прощай, Reiko." Artyom offered a thin smile of quiet gratitude, lingered long enough to witness the wolfess' retort, then moved on to assume the hunt once again.
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
That's okay! I often forget if someone or myself introduced themselves LOL Thank you for the thread! <3

I wish you luck, Artyom. With another dip of her head, she offered a silent farewell before turning back around to try and find a fresh scent of Kavik so she may share the not-so-good news. Bhediya was a big part of the pack before her departure, surely he cared enough for the information to be worth his time. With a bounce, she was off, swiftly through the woods with a glide.
Healing (2/6)