Whitefish River i think about you all the time
284 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Away
All Welcome 
forward dated to the 17th

Cupid didn't believe in a heaven, but when he opened his eyes he almost believed. There was nothing but bright light in every direction and he felt weightless. Had he died by the river the other day? Would his mother come and pluck his soul from his motionless body? Cupid day there, watching the light fade and the wilderness take shape. His heart dropped. He wasn't dead.

No, this couldn't be right. He had eaten most of the seeds, a lethal amount for sure. He should've been dead already, but all he had was a splitting migraine and an aching belly.

God.. fuck. There weren't enough poppies left for a do-over. Cupid concealed his face with his paws and began to cry.
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
The newcomer's scent led out, so the Beta followed it.  She hadn't met the wolf yet, but to hear tell from Erzulie, she was with child.  Wandering so far was not unusual, but perhaps now was the right time for introductions.

She frowned as she heard before she saw.  The wolf was a pathetic sight, collapsed on the ground, but she did not know them well enough to have much sympathy.  Still, Cupid was a packmate now, so she drew enough concern to at least keep level.  A stranger she might have scorned.

You are Cupid, she said, finally.  She didn't approach, but would give hrr a moment to compose herself if she so chose.
284 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Away
He did not remove his paws from his face when he heard a voice addressing him. He believed it was just a figment of his imagination, or rather hoped it was. If he kept quiet, then maybe it would be quiet too. But this voice was real. A familiar scent wafted towards him.

Mm. Cupid slowly revealed his face and looked off into the distance. He was too scared and upset to look at her, or anyone, right now. You're right.
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
I thought in other thread cupid introduced himself as he but he didn't so I'm gonna pretend he did... if that's wrong and the pack doesn't know yet I can edit a bunch above? lemme know LOL.  I dunno why I thought I'd read that....

The wolf didn't look at her, but didn't lash out either.  She regarded them a moment longer, then sat where she was.  Every wolf gets some part.. She recalled her conversation with Ying as she did so, about pack and family.  If she was to stay, then obviously something was needed.

You're upset.  Why?  There wasn't a delicate way to ask, and while she couldn't demand an answer, she hoped she got one.  At least her own son's offered silences had seemed balanced.  This wolf had a desperate air to their downtroddenness.
284 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Away
the pack wouldn't know yet! he hasn't told anyone

She upset him. Every wolf in Rusalka upset him. They had done nothing to earn his hatred but stare at him. They awakened a self hatred he'd been able to suppress for a long time. Now that hatred was crushing him alive. If those seeds had poisoned his body he wouldn't need to deal with that pain anymore. His attempt to escape this hell had failed. That was the thing that upset him the most.

He inhaled sharply, then exhaled slowly. I'm still here. he sighed.
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
adjusted!

Weakness.  Rosalyn's eyes narrowed and now she allowed some irritation to filter.  She drew up some, as offended by the tone and manner as she was by the words.

So you choose to be worthless, then? she asked, with a curt edge to it. She could be patient with some things, but when it came to taking advantage of the good will of a pack, Rosalyn had little empathy.  If Cupid wanted to sit and wallow, she'd need to at least earn her place for doing so.
284 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Away
His lip twitched slightly. He never chose to be worthless. That's just how he was born. During the time he wandered on his own, some small part of him wanted to believe his life was valuable. Maybe there was someone out there he helped, however small it may have been. Cupid doubted it. He just ended up screwing with lives. He now knew his life had no value.

What else am I supposed to do?
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Do something worthwhile, Rosalyn said, a little unkindly.  Pity and understanding weren't strong suits in the woman, not when it came to trials of the mind.  Funny, considering how foggy her own had been at times.

You are carrying a child, one we will need to provide for.  Hunt while you can.  Rosalyn challenged her, lifting herself to make it clear the words weren't a suggestion.  If she was to make herself sick here, wallowing in self pity, then even now the pack would provide.  It wasn't right, and if she chose to take advantage, the pirate would see her gone.