Alpha*
3,077 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
Private 
the stars were clearer tonight.

kukutux lay atop the earthen curve of her ulaq, muzzle lifted toward the heavens. her cache had been finished, and in it she had placed the three frozen trout caught earlier that day.

the daylight hours had also awarded the budding little huntress the winter pelt of an ermine, which she wore slung around her narrow shoulders. the starlight filled her jadestone gaze and for a moment, kukutux knew she heard the voice of the seal hunter whisper to her.

a blink, and his voice was gone, but in its wake that same odd prickle of maddening sensation which tightened her muscles for something she could not understand. yet all the same, the horizon of it was fast approaching. she thought of that day upon the borders, of fierce hydra, stoic arcturus, careful @Jarilo, and here kukutux lingered.

for now, the duck pulled her gaze from the winterdark sky and gazed pensively into the shadowed forest surrounding her little encampment.
[Image: pSj9vo4.png]
parts of stars, parts of legends
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
Relaxing into an easy trot, he steadily worked his way back up the elevation after having dispersed from his patrol and retired into his own doings relatively early for tonight. It had found him on the hunt instead, hungry enough to follow through into a prize find of good fortune--then the resulting easily-caught success beneath the earliest light of the waning moon. Now as his path wound familiarly towards inner workings, in his teeth he clutched his evening's freshest kill--the pale-furred snowshoe hare he caught off guard as it plucked along. Good-sized, and decent condition considering the winter, so a little nicer than the ones he would usually throw at his ever-growing nephews to scrap about or vaporize into nothing; this one, he would enjoy at his leisure, somehow.

But in a gesture that was not intentionally what it looked like, he was in the area already so he decided to head towards where he knew Kukutux to have made herself a base. Maybe she would be there, maybe not, but he had kept to a careful distance about it plenty lately for good reason. He could afford this much after giving it some time, confiding privately in Hydra, and though he still slowed the closer her came, he followed where the shadows carried, deeper, towards her densite until he found her.. there indeed.

He glided slowly into a stop, and took in all he could see for the dark as he softly set the prey at his paws. Ah, hi. he breathed as he still caught his breath, panting softly and nodded to her, focus all hers suddenly now that he arrived on her doorstep, essentially whether or not she was inviting company. He saved the reservation about that best he could, trying to read the scene entirely--easing in, after another breath. I wondered if you were home tonight, he went on with a sheepish ear-splay, still so obviously out of his element and without a perfectly purposeful cause to rely on.
[Image: FTnkWJH.png]
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,077 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
there were once four hunters who followed a bear up into the night sky. they chased after nanook the god. during the hunt, nanook fell into the sky. one hunter stopped following and returned home to fetch a sharp bone. that is why you see three hunters in the stars, still climbing after nanook.

a story for children to be sure, but kukutux found the memory of her mother's low voice to be comforting. she had told this story often to the duck and her sister. it was not one easily forgotten, still somehow comforting as the unseen, unknown spirits of the mountain boldly pressed forward.

and then there was suddenly a dark shape detaching itself from the shadows. she tensed, then mirrored the fall of jarilo's ears as his verdant eyes found her own briefly. kukutux dropped her gaze immediately, as much for his rank as his maleness; she descended at once to lower her head before him.

"you were looking for me?" despite herself, surprise danced in her words, but she must not forget herself. and so she was quiet, noting his fresh kill, the scent of the forest that clung to him. a hunter.

was he hungry? she did not know, but jarilo stood at her hearth, and it was important to offer him the hospitality of her home. kuktutux wet her lips, spring gaze rising shyly to the handsome planes of his face. "i will prepare the rabbit's pelt when you have finished, if you wish it." 
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
Seen, and painfully present, there was no receding into the shadows from him now. He sought composure that he could straighten into confidence, if it may be in him, and it seemed she was not opposed to his intrusion--not outwardly enough for him to see, or suspect. I was, he answered, quiet for the glance away that he kept short in lieu of any greater detail; the tone of their last encounter, his uneasiness, he didn't want to repeat any of that. Hopefully tonight he could make for better company with better prefacing to arm himself with, and he had only wanted to see that she was doing alright so far.

Which, a quick look around and he couldn't doubt her any, honestly. Seemed like she had made it quite a home already; perhaps, this was not a roost chosen on whim either.. but her offer about the rabbit pelt drew him back to his paws. That was a good idea--or distraction because he could learn too. He took to it readily, nodding. Sure. I want to see how it's done, he peered down to its furs, suspecting it had a long way to go before it was.. done, in that way. Thankfully the next step was clear enough: eat it. I can share, if you're hungry? It is fresh.. and I'm far from starved, he tried, and swayed his tail in a soft, small motion. I mainly wanted a quiet place away from any possible mooching juveniles for my meal, he smirked, and knowing that after a day of keeping them busy, they could have quite an appetite that he wasn't interested in dealing with right now.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,077 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
kukutux grew bolder as he spoke, and as jarilo ended his words, a small smile bloomed upon her mouth, warming her features into something giddy and elfin, if even for a moment. "you can always come to my hearth for peace," the girl murmured — boldly! too boldly! — before her features smoothed into her usual respectful submission.

the ostrega had come to see her, to find respite, to share a meal. of course, jarilo was a kind person; he would have visited any new wolf among their ranks, she suspected, determined not to think herself special simply because the gamma was currently gracing her small shelter.

"thank you," kukutux said softly, settling over the hare. its fur was silken, thick with protective winter guard hairs. it would make a beautiful floor ornament when she had prepared it, though she flushed pink beneath the short fur of her muzzle to know he would want to watch a woman work.

though too nervous to eat, the duck took a bite all the same, wanting to respect the green-eyed man's show of hospitality. "the day, it was good?" she inquired after a moment, letting her gaze rest upon her guest for but a second. where arcturus was kisuk, kukutux mused silently, jarilo was kiginitak.
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
She was very welcoming to him, enough so to bring him a sigh of relief that he had not realized was quite so caught. When nothing rose his concerns any further than what he could do himself, and in fact, quite the opposite, he willed his mind and body to do just that--to let him find some peace here in her company, and use it to benefit. Even if he may be looking too deeply into it (which he felt apt to do after having learned more about this from Hydra since the first time their paths had crossed), she seemed happy to have him, so suggested the smile to find her features.

Jarilo followed her motions with his gaze, and nodded deeply to her thanks... He hesitated over his own gratitude then too, for this, and that. I appreciate it, he murmured. For the peace, the welcome, the offer--all. He tried to keep his confidence up, at least enough to make it seem like he was in touch enough with his heart to know what it was he was trying to do here. Thankfully, she posed a question to structure him forward and he answered smoothly with another sharper nod. He had nothing to complain about, and his routine had gone on undisturbed.. maybe with just enough time for himself to let him think inwardly more, hence his mustered courage to reach beyond his comfort zone.

In short: It was. Patrols relatively quiet, trained with my nephew Antares. A good spar, he concluded, content with that energy spent despite remembering a little sting in his side from wrestling the now-sizable shadow, but willing it away in the end. Then an easy, lucky grab, he gestured for the rabbit with a pointed snout while he tucked his haunches in beneath himself. What of yours? he returned.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,077 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
jarilo was easier with her this time, kukutux noticed, more relaxed. he spoke in a comfortable rote way of the day's activities. she did not truly know who antares was, assuming the individual to more than likely be a family member as jarilo spoke the name fondly. 

the little waterfowl, who did not enjoy eyes upon her, found her reluctant nature warming beneath the observant trailing of jarilo's gaze. his eyes were the shade of leaves in the middle of spring, she decided. kukutux saw much from beneath her lashes, things perhaps many would not even think to notice.  she mirrored his positioning, arranging forepaws timidly. and finally, as she had not been courageous enough to do before, kukutux raised her head and truly looked at him, willing her nerves to calm themselves.

"i caught fish today. i froze them and put them in my cache," she answered softly, hoping he would not be bored or confused by the way the seafolk accent still clipped her tongue. "i try to see as much of moonspear as i am able each day," the duck continued, her gaze faltering away but only for a moment. a blink. "but there is so much to see. i will need to take many days." a smile; kukutux was happy to look toward the rabbit for a moment of relief. 

"then i looked for the bear stars, and now i am speaking to you. a good day," the girl ended. it was his turn to speak now, but her budding enthusiasm could not be restrained. "do you think moonspear might need a garden?"
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
Should he find himself, he needed this--to some extent, even if minor, an important cornerstone he could work from. Any insight, anything to give him a greater sense of familiarity, even down to the most mundane. Almost, he subconsciously wanted it and was soothed to hear it. That.. and he needed the looks into her days before he could understand her, or so he felt, and he knew he should try for any approaches he thought up.

Thankful for the span to her answer, he could appreciate plenty about it. Fishing made him think about his mother--he used to do that mostly with her, on hot summer days, so he associated it with her far too easily for a delicate grief, but that was not all. He believed Kukutux would have those many days to see the mountain and all of its vastness, for he knew it was no small feat to take it all in. Even with the seasons, it changed. She needed time, too. Maybe for different reasons than him, but all inevitable.

As for a garden--absolutely. I do, he replied, head perking and happy to segue into such a topic. Always useful, to me, and surely to anyone who knows enough, he said, bringing up Lyra and inevitably his mother again to himself, who had taught him about the plants on the mountain plenty of times; over the years, most of his experiences came gathering with them, or just exposure around it beside them. He refused to think about Speedy having done the same sorts of things, too. Have you kept gardens before? he asked, quick to wonder since he knew what her skills were--just maybe. So much grows around here come a good spring, he assured her. There will be even more to see. In many aspects, most likely.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,077 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
jarilo's features warned to her suggestion, which sent a flush of shy pleasure through her. "yes," the snowdrop answered softly. "my mother showed me what must grow in a garden." relieved to know a small portion of her ways might be utilized in moonspear, kukutux breathed a small sigh.

his comment swept her ears forward, and the duck considered all the things that hydra had said during their conversation. springtime was a season of new green leaves, of returning birdsong — of children.

perhaps the allusion to that in what jarilo had said was her mere projection. his viridian gaze was thoughtful, observant, but ultimately unreadable compared to the open tome kukutux had always been. "i must gather things for birth," the waterbird ventured. "perhaps when the sun returns i will go and see what is outside moonspear's walls."

she wished to tell the careful man of the robin-blue and the soft, buttery tones of the little wildflowers, but the odd translations always tangled her tongue. and kukutux, who knew only that she was inviting to jarilo, not what he truly thought of her, was unwilling to trip over herself in his presence. 
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
He already had this quiet interest in what all a true garden may entail--from establishing one to upkeep necessary, and this urged along neatly with this newly in mind. So spring would grant a good opportunity there, regardless of what else about the season of new life came. That's good. I feel like I have a vague idea at best what it needs, exactly. My sister Lyra keeps plants stockpiled for medical use and since I was little I would help her collect certain things, Jarilo imparted. Then, there was their dam who had likely planted that interest in both of them initially. Her interest in strange plants, and general knowledge about the rest of them, had granted him a valuable look over her shoulder into what plants survived with--although it had not always been clear to him at the time. She had taught him to have a keen eye, if nothing else. My mother also showed me many mountain plants. Though she never gardened so officially, she kept a few certain sorts around that probably wouldn't be here without her.. and she taught me most of what I know about plants, he sighed. It would be the first spring without her.

Onward, next, though.. birth turned his ears newly and Jarilo already was shy about the subject that didn't involve him but he was determined to turn past that, at least towards a vantage he could work from. Thankfully, he personally didn't feel a major rush for such preparations--not that he was well-versed to know any better about it--but to his knowledge, Hydra had beat the season out of all else that had tried and after last year, he was hard-pressed to see whelps from anyone but the sisters first. He had seen Hydra recently, so unless Alya or even Lyra had been exceptionally stealthy about it... he thought they had plenty of time before anyone needed to whelp. Though it never hurt to be ready for the inevitable, especially with nature starting to mend after the disappearance of the herds. What things will you need to gather? Maybe he would know where to look.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,077 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
kukutux could not stop her gaze from widening with a brief, naked surprise. of all the things he might have said, the girl had not taken jarilo to be agatkuk. there was more to it than knowing flora, she supposed, but he had caught her off-guard.

there was a renewed intrigue within the springjade of her eyes. kukutux leant forward over the rabbit's remains. "lyra." it sounded somewhat like the name of their ruler. "she is your ... sister?" the Iittle she-wolf guessed, but her focus was upon jarilo. men of her clan did not tend plants. a hunter would know what was good to eat if his hunt took him far before he had killed, but beyond that, it was the work of women to tend the growing green.

her fascination remained unveiled, downcast manner quite gone for now. kukutux felt laughter wanting to begin, but kept it locked away. "i have never met a man who knew about plants," she said. "or one willing to listen to the wisdom of women." a more somber remark, but it elevated jarilo in her silent estimation.

if his expression changed, she caught only a glimpse before the man placed it beneath a question. this time kuktutux openly paled. jarilo had said he enjoyed plants and had knowledge of them. why would it not extend to more of an ease about female events? the spirit clucked its tongue, but the duck decided to answer. "soft moss for blood. seeds for pain. good sticks for the mother to bite when she feels the head of the first child begin to emerge."

she watched him closely for any signs of disgust, still perturbed by his question, but jarilo had already proven himself to be a different kind of man.
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
She is, he confirmed. Maybe he made for better company with stars overhead but likely, he had just been given some time to compose himself, think it out, and he felt it. Hydra's sister. Identical, with Alya too. She would need to know this if she had not found out pieces of it already--he couldn't say, but they were very much a facet of the mountain impossible to ignore. Should she stay like she very much appeared to be ready to, knowing how to understand his family tree that tied so intrinsically into the Spear wouldn't hurt her any--in his opinion.

Still, he let the soft upturn to his lips come--the wisdom of women. Close to his mother growing up and raised with so many sisters, especially until Arcturus and Revui had also eventually come along, he there was never much room in his life for arguing against that. I know some plants.. at least, though never realized I never rarely learned about them from men--so far. he chuffed, curious that few men dabbled.. but maybe it really was the case, he had never thought to care. His dad had shared a few things, naturalist to naturalist, but besides that.. women easily dominated his knowledge of the earth, what it grew, became. And, I had a lot of sisters growing up, and I ended up close to my mother too. It was hard not to listen to the wisdom of women, he admitted lightly enough. It had created him as such, able to appreciate the two sides to one whole.

But, that--I'll remember that, he said after a stiff nod, hesitation be damned considering a delicate subject he knew little about. He did keep away from the finer details of those especially gritty, personal events such as birth, even if women had always reigned over the life around him. Up close and personal, no.. He was best spent on guard, a watchful eye, or helping prepare around otherwise. On the south side of the mountain, there's usually a lot of creeks once thaw starts.. so it gets pretty mossy there, he mentioned.. sure that she would see when the time came. At least he wasn't concerned about her being able to find moss... or sticks. Seeds.. that probably wasn't in season right now either. Maybe that could change soon too.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,077 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
a flush of warmth between her collarbones at jarilo's gentle smile. when had a man treated her words with care? she remembered that she and the hunter of seals had lain together in the soft pale sedges upon the white beach. he had told her of his dreams. she had told him of her fears. and then the rocks came. the dull horrible thuds still often woke kukutux into a cold sweat and empty cries. but it was the sunlight inside her chest that the girl remembered now, thawing softly to life during her time with this man.

swallowing, she focused upon his description of the southerly mountainside. "it is beautiful. already, in my mind." indeed, she could picture moonspear unfurling into many shades of emerald as it lifted from the thrall of winter, but kukutux was certain she would be even more enchanted to truly see it. a little wind rose; her ruff flared briefly against its bite, and the xi gathered herself to her small height. "may i help you on the rest of your patrol tonight?" she inquired hopefully, though by now her gaze had grown demure once more, a slender snowbird with softly cupped ears awaiting jarilo's answer.

in the meantime, kukutux' treacherous spirit came to remind her of why she had come to moonspear. hydra had taken her from the unsure slopes of courtfall to the groundedness of the great spire. so much, in fact, that the mitik felt as though her heart had always lived upon these cliffs and ridges and in sprawl of the wilderness that proudly carpeted hydra's claim. perhaps it would not happen. perhaps it was not to be, this fading promise of a husband. she would have her garden. she would have her abilities. but not children, the spirit sighed. kukutux hushed it to herself.
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
Beautiful, indeed. Dipping his head in a soft nod, the Ostrega held back his rambling details, not when he could go on for far too long on all the green he adored here and what spring should bring to these lands of their home–not when his description would not encompass its full breadth. After the long, dark months of winter having spanned and worn out their welcome, this was not a well-placed outlet for such anticipation.

Next, his ears twitched, quick to turn on a note like that after distraction had almost come to him. That look at her finer details didn't exactly pin her for a patrolling sort, however, he certainly would not resist a request like that in a neutral space he occupied quite thoroughly. Of course, he was happy to agree because even on their outskirts, he didn't need major concern for her safety even if she did turn out to be utterly inexperienced–that he could help change if so, anyway; they were well-populated if nothing else, so, he was happy to prospect some company at the matter. Have you been there much? Though I will say, besides a some persistent fox traffic and occasional visitors, it has been mostly on the quieter side lately, he supposed, since while it was good news for their guard, it was veiling a warning in case it turn out too overwhelmingly uneventful in that particular regard. Fine with him, too, however. Maybe spring's thaw would change that, too, and they would have their paws full in the months to come.

He paused, then, a blink of hesitation while he gathered his words and gauged what else she might even care to hear or what exactly he felt bold enough to bring up between them. It was not anything remarkably personal yet from him, but still a piece, telling enough from a dutiful creature. When there was a lot of mystery about her for him, he wanted to pick an approach he could work with and still convey Jarilo back to her, somehow, if there was to be a chance.

But he shouldn't avoid one thing outright, not when patrols and gardens and whatever else should come easier to him. Maybe he could rest easier going forward if he at least let her know what was weighing him down, and what had ultimately but awkwardly spurred him to her doorstep anyway. Best to get past it, let her know what it was. He drew a deep breath, kept it, then after it left: I just.. However it can be, I want to know you better, and for you to know me more too maybe. I think this helps, I don't even know what to ask, or.. how else to exactly, Or what to even do with the information he did have? Hydra had told him enough else, that there was value in her arrival from Courtfall's leader, that Arcturus balked initially, and that his choice remained his as Hydra was open to some measure of flexibility here, seemingly. Seeing Kukutux's settlement upon the mountain already had steeled his resolve to even bring this up to her at all, but he definitely looked away after catching once more the green to her sights, feeling unnerved to even imply himself while simultaneously wanting to drag his heels constantly.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,077 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
kukutux had somehow not expected jarilo to agree. it was quite bold, after all, and she might only be a liability. but he did not, an expression of something like surprise guiding his ears. kukutux observed all this silently, for she had secretly watched hydra do the same, and do the same to her. it was a skill she wished to cultivate, if only for her own devices. the blackfox turned their discourse to the territorial goings-on, and her own auds swept forward in interest. "i do not ... leave very often," the duck murmured softly, turning a self-deprecating smile first upon him, then her surroundings. "but where i have been, it was calm."

so moonspear was louder than it seemed. kukutux could not be surprised, though she did wonder what manner of noise might come, alongside children. hydra and her mate were protective of their claim, and rightly so, but she did not know if they were warlike. her own clan had not been, but there were many who demanded blood for their services. a shiver chased itself along her spine; the girl shook her pale ruff. lips parted to ask jarilo a question, but then he had bit upon a sigh that quieted kukutux immediately, and when his words came, she could not look away.

their meet had been casual, friendly; the winterbird did not sense the impending message that was to follow, and as the man pulled his gaze away, her own rested on him a moment. had he considered her? was he considering her? kukutux did not know, nor would she ask. tongetip bathed her suddenly dry lips and when she lifted her slim head again from where her own stare had fallen, it was to draw a breath that was hers. "you have ... i ..."

kukutux paused, began again. "perhaps it is best to ask questions of the present, and the future," she ventured hopefully, eyes filled with an emotion for which she had no name. let the pain of the past remain entombed. jarilo was an ostrega, he had always lived upon moonspear, he reigned in the pack directly after the leadership. but more than that, he was kind, careful, appraising. she wished to impress upon him that he need not be so always with her. "i —" a swallow — "whatever may be, i have enjoyed the time you have given me, jarilo."
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
There was no disappointment, or even any true concern, in finding she did not leave often. Perhaps more the opposite, for now he knew, and really there were not often many good reasons to leave, not unless circumstance dictated it. The homebody in him appreciated that a lot. Yet, Moonspear prided itself on their strength, all of them included, so he stowed that piece to keep and, accompanying him on his rounds should give her a safely-guarded sort of insight from someone who knew the lands intimately--so was his hope, should all stay relatively at peace and he could set his pace.

From there, the dark Ostrega fanned his ears, and knew the pause he gave her couldn't be easy. He slogged through what he could just to get that much said, as well beyond his forte, he felt cautious, and unnerved while outside of his comfort zone. She was able to pick through his pieces well enough, however, to get his thoughts moving forward again. You are probably right, he exhaled with a soft breath of sigh that glanced back to Kukutux. A present, and a future, could be lighter topics, not that he could ever guarantee any eloquence on them.

And, he dipped his nose and tried to be as stoic as he could be over it—he didn’t feel as if he had given her much! Only a start, if anything, and he was peeved by how it did not come naturally to him to just know best, not in the way he had always imagined his father to be able to. Yeah, I.. I'm glad, and he wished he could do more with it, but.. I don't want it to be all. I don't plan to go anywhere, he gestured to the scenery at large, and he was still trying.. but it was obvious he didn't form very many lasting bonds outside his family. In the grand scheme, I mean. He fully intended for Moonspear to be his future, and if this could overlap with her desires better than any other on the mountainside, maybe it could be something here, he was coming to accept, and he was working on it.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,077 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
jarilo was so guarded! they spoke in vaguest terms of a future, upon which her heart had been set, and he had only begun to edge around the perimeters. perhaps that was the gist of it, the duck realized. it had been explained to her that such things did not happen in moonspear, that he must be given his own choice. that such was not a requirement, but a decision to be formed as one.

kukutux could not understand such things; had jarilo wished her to be his wife this very evening, she would have answered the bidding gratefully. but his interest, if she could place her hope upon such, was more focused upon the details of herself, the etchings of her soul. this frightened the little bird, who had long lived her life comfortably at the whim of others. she felt she had nothing to offer to this inquiring, reticent man. what if he was unamused by her? what if he regretted any of this involvement?

she must trust, the girl decided, lifting her small head. "i do not expect you to love me," she said quite simply. such a great committment was made with one's heart, and his surely, was hard to capture in such a way. perhaps he had felt it before, like herself, yet it was not integral to her needs love was not necessary to make a home. to be a wife. "but i too plan to remain here." her verdant gaze grew shy, but kukutux, for a suspended moment, surrendered all self-castigation and searched for jarilo's gaze.
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
The base of his ears definitely warmed up then. Love, or rather, the absence of--he.. couldn't go that far to say so yet. Ideally, could he? Yes! Maybe, he wanted to.. far too inexperienced, though, he had only a terribly vague concept in mind and was too hesitant to press blindly after it on an instant. He had not known love like that before, or how it may come to full bloom in him, so he was not sure what to say then. It gave him time for a deep breath, and exhale. 

That's.. fine. Even so, I.. would want to try to, especially in time, he edged in, quickly glancing back to her with his posture shifting slightly, trying to hold it together. It didn't sound as right as he wanted to convey though in his rush, it had to do. He wouldn't want to say he couldn't love, especially if they turned out to click. Who was to say? But I never have before, he added, carefully, hence all of his reservations the size of these peaks. Love, or being a husband, were completely new territory to him like that. It was a whole new standard; navigating that right now had not exactly been anywhere near his plan until just recently. Coping with it still was a work in progress. So I do want to learn.. how to, be that. Somehow, sincerely.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,077 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
she had loved the hunter of seals. but even now she recognized the depths of love, and how his early death had left them unexplored. perhaps kukutux too was like such, wrapped in a similar struggle that appeared to wreathe jarilo even now. but he was willing to attempt it, and for that her heart was warm. this manner of directness, then — it had seemed to inspire his tongue. the duck found she had been afraid of offending jarilo, or worse; an inward breath of relief that she had not.

"and i want to learn how to be a wife," kukutux added; to herself, again. had she truly ever been such? there was the matter of first and second mates, but she saw no reason to offer the careful man an option that would be rather unfeasible for him. a long pause followed then, ended by her gentle exhale, a shy smile offered to jarilo in hopes of casting out the tension. "perhaps when the sun returns, you will show me your favorite places upon this mountain." he loved moonspear; it was evident in his adoring glances and the fullness of his voice when he spoke upon his home. 

maybe, then, if he made her his choice, she could come to stand alongside the proud spire in his heart.