Emberwood the days feel like years when I'm alone
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
All Welcome 
Something was wrong here. Numbers were dwindling, even she could see that. The scents of those she loved and cared for had begun to thin ages ago, while she slept. Now, there was little left but the fading memories of each of them.

Ibis was still weak but she couldn't sit still; she trailed through the woods at a sombre pace. Here was where she had taken her first glance upon the Emberwood — and over there, the meeting place of the counsel. A sigh pulls its way from her, heavier than all of her years. How short her life has been! How little she has to show for it.

The girl sinks in to herself, hunched at first and then sitting against a patch of melting snow, feeling smaller by the moment.
435 Posts
Ooc — Me
Sarah had not come right back to Emberwood as she had planned and strayed for almost four weeks, thinking of her brief time with Mahler and all of the "what if"s that came along. The sickness that had tormented her all through January had released it's grip on her. There were days, when she woke, feeling nauseous and very, very thirsty, but during the rest of time she had been able to hunt, put on some flesh on her ribs and think.

Life as a loner, who did not have to answer to anyone grew more alluring every passing day, yet one morning she found herself yet again in the Emberwood, curiously sniffing around scent marks left by other wolves, catching a whiff of pregnancy pheromones, but being unable to identify, who was it. Did not matter, because she did not know many here either. However, a spectre made her stop in her tracks and look long and hard at it, until she braved out a quiet call: "Ibis?"
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
She pirouettes when she hears her aunt's voice, surprised to see her; but also there is joy, as Ibis has suspected that many wolves had forsaken the wood, and finding that Sarah was still among them was a blessing. She draws up close to the woman and burrows her nose in to Sarah's scruff, inhaling her scent, but also seeking to share warmth with her. Touch-starved for contact.

Oh auntie, Ibis murmurs among the grey grizzled fur, withdrawing after a moment of peace. I am glad to see you. Everyone -- everyone is gone! Do you think they will come back?

It did not occur to Ibis that this was her first meeting with family since her awakening. It does not pass through her mind that maybe Sarah is equally as surprised to find her here, alive and well.
435 Posts
Ooc — Me
Alive and well. 

For a moment there Sarah believed that her mind had really given up on any sensible thought. That she was hallucinating again, but Ibis so close felt too real for her unimaginative brain to come up with. Alive and well. And all her sorrows had been for nothing. Alive and well. 

Frankly speaking, Sarah had already got used to the thought that nothing in her life went the way she wished to and now she had no idea, what to do. Ibis asked for an advice that she was unable to give. The others had left - her niece's days as an alpha had been short-lived and dream-like. So many high hopes turned into nothing.

"I don't think they will, Ibis," she told the girl, feeling responsible for the child-adult here. "Do you have anyone besides me left here? Because... we will need to go somewhere safe," with her failing health she did not believe she would be able to take care of both of them for too long or any time-span at all.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
Hearing Sarah deny what little hope she held made Ibis frown. Her aunt wasn't always in a positive frame of mind; but Ibis knew she spoke the truth, and while it hurt to think of everyone missing from her life, she had to go on. And to answer her question - Reiko is still here. Kukulkan too, and probably a couple others, but not enough for us to keep the woods safe. A sigh, and she lets the frown melt away.

Reiko and I came up with a plan though. She has a friend living in Kaistleoki - her name is Ira? I met her when I scouted for dad. She used to live in Easthollow but moved around the time Okeanos and I left the Hollow. Quickly recapping that part of her life, Ibis plunged ahead: Reiko is going to gather up whoever she can find, and I will too. We were going to meet at the old council meeting spot and head out for Kaistleoki together. Would you come with us?
435 Posts
Ooc — Me
"I will," Sarah promised, not knowing that in less than a two weeks she would break this oath and the one she had made to herself about protecting Ibis from all evil. She had no idea, who this Ira was, nor did she know (Reiko aside), who the other people that were mentioned to be in the group were. Even less, what Kaistleoki was or where was it located. But as long as Ibis was within her sight, she would follow her anywhere. 

When this brief conversation had finished, Sarah followed, wherever Ibis led her.