Stone Circle We get what we deserve
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
Private 

set directly after THIS thread.

The wind rustled, catching the lighter snow in a whirlwind. Silence covered the distance between the two canines, one a stark shade or white and ivory, the other a cascading array of greys and shadows. Siarut dipped his head, agreeing with her original statement, although he doubted they had done enough damage to warrant the trespassers death.

“Of course.” Sia didn’t see any need for gratitude, but accepted it graciously, “It’s my duty.” He offered @Valette a small tilt of his lips, a brief smile. The large man made no effort to move, not quite prepared to tear his gaze away from the dot in the distance.
Inuttuk, Common

[Image: nsUn6t6.png?1]
{1/5} | {2/10}

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette dipped her head in thanks. Siarut was a man of traditions then. Not many would just attack with her, they would not protect in the way he did. "Well, not everyone takes that duty as seriously," she spoke. She would have the feeling Siarut and Greyback would get along.

'We haven't really talked that much, haven't we?," she then smiled and quirked up her lips at him. Valette was not always like this, but when she felt her family was in danger she could be vicious. As vicious as a mama bear protecting her cubs. She might come over as the kind mother overload but if she was pissed off other better watch out.
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg

Nodding his head with a scoff Siarut agreed, there were few who still held the most conservative of believes, he happened to be one of them. Not that his father had given him much option, but still at heart Siarut was an avid traditionalist, with liberal tendencies.

“No, we haven’t.” He returned her smile, “It seems we both tend to keep busy.” Sia knew that sooner of later he would interact with his in-laws more and more frequently. With Valette, he looked forward to the encounter. “I suppose my appearance must have also been a little shock.”
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette could only agree that they hadn't talked so much. She had been busy with raising her kids and leading a pack. There was not that much time for socialization. She shook her head. "It was good to see you defend our lands," she returned to him. It made her see Nanook's mate in a better light, not that she saw him in a bad light.

The female quirked up her lips. "I am curious though, how did you manage to conquer Nanook's heart? That must have been an interesting story," she questioned. She had been curious as to how they met.
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg

A smile tugged at his lips remembering his first meeting with Nanook. "We meet a few days after my siblings and I arrived at Blackfeather Woods. But it was mostly her conquering my heart rather than the other way around." Start shook his head slightly, with a small laugh.

"Only a select few in my family speak the common tongue, most of us speak Inuttuk. Luckily for me I learned at a young age from my grandmother how to speak your language." Sia elaborated, "But when I first met Nanook, I was in a foul mood and without thinking I greeted her in my first language. I say greeted, but it was more like an accusation. As I said I wasn't particularly happy to see anyone, let along a stranger." He was usually more diplomatic than that, preferring a neutral stance than anything overly emotional. However on that day he couldn't help himself.

"Before I had the chance to correct myself she had already responded, in Inuttuk. I was so surprised I completely forgot about what I was angry about." There weren't many who could move Siarut in such a way, to make him forget about anything other than the person standing in front of him. Only his sister and his mate could make him forget about everything else happening around them.

"From the moment she spoke, I knew she was special." At some point in his spiel his gaze had drifted off, a warm faraway look glinted in his olive green eyes.

Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette was swooning when he told her the story of how he met her sister. The female grinned happily. "I am so happy that you two found each other," she admitted and nodded. This was the best thing that could happen to her sister in her option. Valette knew that she herself didn't have a great trackrecord with love but when it was right, it was just the best thing that could happen. She had wished it for Nanook, to know what it was like. She was glad her sister could experience it now.

"You two are so lucky," she smiled at him. "Sooo...," she drawled. "Any change that you and Nanook will have pups this year? I would allow it," she hinted at him, or well, was it still a hint when she said it like that? Valette chuckled, not wanting to make the male uneasy but she just really liked babies.
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg

Siarut was glad to find Valette had a similar disposition to his own sisters. She was simply happy Nanook had found someone who she could care for deeply. He dipped his head in acknowledgement, agreeing wholeheartedly with her statement, a grin dancing on his lips for once.

If he could have blushed, his cheeks would have lite a fire from how read they were. He sputtered, words catching on his tongue, “Well… I mean… I… We never.”

Snapping his lips shut, and biting his tongue, Siarut stopped himself from saying something he might regret. “If Nanook would like to have children, than we would look forward to your permission Valette.” Pulling out his most diplomatic tone and disposition, Siarut bowed his head deeply. A grave expression taking over his features. Children were no laughing matter! Right?

Although curiosity got the better of him, and he tilted his head to the side. “Do you…?” He started to ask, but catching himself… “Hmm… you wouldn’t happen to know if….?” Once again stopping himself before he could finish his thought. Finally he shook his head, “No, never mind.”
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette had not expected such a reaction from the male if she was really honest about it. So they had never really consummated their mating bond. Interesting. It did sound like something for Nanook to do. She wondered why it hadn't happened yet though. The female had to chuckle a bit at his reaction before he turned serious again. Valette nodded in return. "You are welcome, Siarut," she commented.

Her ears perked up when the other started to ask het something half questioningly. She tipped his head a bit as to ask why. "Are you asking me if I know if Nanook wants pups?," she questioned and then smiled. "You really need to ask her that. I don't know, my sister works in mysterious ways." That was all she could really say about it.
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg

He nodded softly, he had figured the question was better directed toward his significant other, but he thought perhaps he might have been able to shed some light on the topic through Valette. “That she does.” Siarut couldn’t agree more, his partner was definitely mysterious.

“And what of you and Greyback? Will you be having more pups this year? He could tell from Valette’s demeanor, and the numerous stories heard from Nanook, that she was a wonderful and dedicated mother.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette could only agree, and she didn't really want to meddle between the two. She knew Nanook liked Valette's children, but her own? That was really up to her sister to decide. The matriarch was then asked the same question. She could have know, and it was only polite to answer. It was a little sensitive topic though.

The female dipped her head. "I'd love to. My heat is late this year, probably because of the famine," she admitted. "But once I got my body up and running and it will give me another heat I probably won't be able to keep Greyback away from me," she chuckled. She liked to put the thought of Greyback being old far, far, far away.
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg

Siarut dipped his head, nodding along with her diagnosis. He wasn’t a healer, and compared to him she was the expert on the topic. A small smile and a soft chuckle joined her own. “I wish you all the best Valette.” Of course he did, she was his sister, in a way.

“I know that Nanook would feel safer having any of her children born here, under your protection, in your lands. She loves and trusts you very much.” But of course she would know that. Their relationship in much better repair than his with his own siblings.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette smiled at Sia's words. She would be really happy for her sister if she could have children of her own. Plus it would be great having them here as she could help her sister and have their pups growing up together. "As I do her," she confirmed. "I hope she wants to because I cannot wait to help her and have our pups grow up together," she smiled. That was a good future to look forward to.
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg

wrap up?

Siarut nodded his head, looking out into the distance. He had grown surrounded by family, and he wanted the same for his children. To know the love of their parents, and the warmth of their extended family. Both he and Nanook wanted that, there was no doubt. Sia would broach the topic with Nanook soon. He wasn’t sure that any words could convey his wholehearted agreement, and so the man nodded a grin slowly lifting his lips.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}