Blacktail Deer Plateau eyes like sea glass
there is only silence
37 Posts
Ooc — Lullaby
Away
Private 
sorry for the late and rather messy starter, a baby has come home.. this is for family at first
@Erzulie @Rosalyn @Reyes @Clementine @Nieve

Tired, exhaustion, she would need to find the right herbal to remedy this case but first she had to find her home. How long had it taken her to get this far, from trying to pick up the pieces of their lives in the sound to picking up her sea glass collection and moving inland. At first it had made no sense to the child but over time, as she was pointing in the right direct, she understood the security of the flatlands.

Two toned eyes looked up at the ridge before placing the leaf that held her collection of sea glass and shells on the ground before her. Would they take her back? After those storms and disasters,  did they even think her alive? With a huff she lowered her tired rump to the ground and tilted her head to the heavens. A cracking howl, one without much use, came from her. It might be hoarse but it still sounded musical, a child asking to come home. A child that finally found home.
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
the gradient of marisol seemed to suddenly blur within erzulie's eyes.
she had come up from her den, the last tinges of estrus clinging to her pelt; restless but moreso beset with another headache. this one pierced through her soul, reverberated every sound to a rattling dirge within her skull; a low whine, and she had set off for quieter places. 
it was between two heavy pines that she heard the voice of marisol float out into the cold air, hoarse and young and somehow foreign to her ears. but not in her heart, and the harlot quickened her pace until she almost flew through the myriad copses of new rusalka, until until until
"marisol!" she shouted, breath catching in her throat. "marisol, come to me," and she threw herself toward her half-grown prodigal daughter in a flurry of tears and laughter and sobs and the still-steady echo of the migraine.
[Image: F0ZZHqZ.png]
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Rosalyn was away, close enough to hear, but distant enough that coming would take time.  Still, she lifted her muzzle to answer.  Despite the years, she wasn't sure she'd ever forget the voices of their children - they were branded within her.

Her call was rushed but the meaning was clear as she let it fade and began to run, cutting a diagonal streak across the plateau's surface.  She'd be there soon.

i'll hop in when she gets there <3
there is only silence
37 Posts
Ooc — Lullaby
Away
marisol! her name echoed, broke through the silence that followed her abused calling. her mother, the one that had birthed her, the one her eyes changed into. those eyes searched for the woman attached to that voice, longing to be in her embrace again. marisol, come to me, even before the gentle command was issued she was running. dark paws eating away at the distance that kept the two apart but there was another. she was not here, not close enough yet but she knew her other mother's voice anywhere. she would be her too, she would be able to feel the similar colored fur against her. she would be with her family again.

her own laughter was a copy of her mother's. her beautiful fur coming into veiw and she slowed her pace,  the little girl coming into contact with her mother. happy yips escaped her though they were rough with disuse, a whine as she licked at her mother's dark face. words were not needed here, emotion was enough to drown them like a great sea. oh how she had missed this, how she had longed for this.
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
she gathered marisol up and did not bother to hide her sobs. "où êtes-vous allé? comment allez-vous?" she murmured, unable to keep her mother's heart from sounding. her daughter was older, yes, puppyfat carved away to reveal the budding lines of womanhood.
"it is so good to see you," the harlot went on, beaming into marisol's face. "i was not sure you would ever come home." but they had, all of them, their wanderings never removing them forever from rusalka, and she was grateful.
there is only silence
37 Posts
Ooc — Lullaby
Away
"Je me suis séparé, perdu .. nous ne vivons pas où nous.." She spoke softly, she missed the feeling of being mothered. The young witch moved to the point where she could reach up and lick at her mother's face, trying to remove the tears that fell. "I am here now," she simply stated. She was sad to hear the words that came next, would he be welcome back into her birth pack? The only home she knew?

"I will always come home, to you, to my family." She had to make her mother understand, she was not planning on leaving unless another natural disaster came and ripped them apart.. again.
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
She arrived just in time to hear Marisol's final words and slowed only momentarily before rushing in, taking a place to embrace their lost daughter on the opposite side.

I'm glad you found us, she said, the words purling softly from deep within.  This meant all but Scarab had returned to them.

You must have seen a lot of places, gone so long, she added, smiling and pulling back to catch Marisol's gaze.  There was a flicker of pride.  I'd like to hear of them, sometime.  If not now, then soon perhaps.
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
a smile, a sigh, a happiness that blossomed and flickered and grew from warm ember to glistening fire within her soul. marisol, home. marisol, here. and though she had learned not to expect that her grown children would remain forever, or even a long while, she would enjoy the time with their seawater girl all the same.
"i believe your mot'er an' i are all ears for any stories you might have, marisol," erzulie laughed gently. "but for now you must be hungry, oui?" fill the belly, turn the ear after that.
there is only silence
37 Posts
Ooc — Lullaby
Away
Tears began to darken her cheeks when she felt warmth on her other side, the familiar scent of her other mother, the one she looked more like than her birth mother. If one were to look at her, they might think that witchcraft was involved in her creation. She matched the female couple perfectly, colors so much like Rosalyn, eyes almost identical to Erzulie. 

Her tail would hurt if it kept up its frantic rhythm, she was ooverfilling with joy as she nodded. Words were beginning to fail her as she snuggled in their embrace, home, she was home. 

"Oui." She nodded to paler women's mention of food, "Of course I will share, I am just so happy to be home"
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Rosalyn nodded, though this time she didn't speak.  Instead she left space, for Erzulie to talk or for Marisol to begin should she choose.  The sharing didn't need to come now, but it was good a time as any with both here and she returned.

Marisol had disappeared young... the kind of woman she'd grown up to be, Rosalyn would need to wait on.  But unlike Reyes, there were no ghosts or demons in her eyes as she spoke, and she offered to share freely.  Relief flooded Rosalyn; she had not found a cruel world on leaving, then.
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
gosh sorry! last post for me <3

"when you have settled, den," she declared, pacing over the border alongside marisol. they had almost all returned, and erzulie hoped that the fractures between her oldest children would begin to mend. she grinned at rosalyn as they moved, her heart buoyed into lightness for the first time in a long while.