Whitebark Stream Children of the underground.
323 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Private 
For @Chai.   :)

"Черт!" Artyom barked as the snowshoes scattered, abandoning their digging of snow in a small clearing to scatter in various directions toward the mouths of their warren. The instinctual part of a wolf to give chase was roused within him at the sight and, despite an eager stride forward, he managed to reign in his self-control and hunched his shoulders, defeated.

He abandoned the area, figuring the hares would be too cautious to surface any time soon. With a frustrated lash of his tail, Artyom ventured lazily through the frosted trees in the direction of their Southern border with the intention of making himself useful in refreshing the territory's scent marks.
139 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Chai had been on her way back from a quick check of the borders. Her plan now was to head deeper into the heart of the territory, to track down the small group of deer which had taken up residence. They had decided, apparently that they would stay at least until spring, despite losing one of their own to the wolves. Blue eyes blinking thoughtfully, Chai wondered if indeed, they would remain. The females would be carrying young, ready to deliver their fawns come spring. She doubted they would want to do so in an area with opportunistic wolves watching them so closely.

The frustrated exclamation of Artyom, a wolf she had only interacted with in that successful hunt, carried to her ears. Tail flicking, she changed direction to meet him, eyes curious. He had been a busy man, she had learned. Taking Dawn as his mate, siring what would be their first litter and assisting with leadership. Chuffing, she noticed the scattered trail of tracks - wolf and rabbit alike, behind him. "Frustrating little morsels aren't they?" She half jested, with only the two of them and not a set of perky ears in sight.

323 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
When he spotted a familiar figure weave his way through the white-barked trees, Artyom lifted his head to better follow her movement with his gaze. He welcomed her closer with a few friendly sweeps of his ivory plume and, with ears pricked intently forward, he made to close to distance between them so that they might walk side-to-side.

He had not crossed paths with Chai since their hunt with Dawn, Daylily and Connor, so it was good to find an opportunity to catch up with her. "They are a pain in my жопа," the leader shot his tawny companion a sideways glance as a grin spread on his muzzle. "How have you been? Having better luck in hunting than me, I hope!"

139 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Artyom's warm welcome eased away the last few traces of any lingering uncertainty. It made her feel good to know that these wolves were open to accepting her so readily. She came forward a little closer, stiff legged, as if on the brink to initiate a game of chase. 

"Artyom is it? I've been...well, I've been adjusting. I find that trying to keep busy is the best outlet." She raised her delicate muzzle to the air, testing the breeze. "Some. I've been watching our local deer herd daily. If you want...perhaps we can take another stab at those rabbits together?"

323 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
"It is Artyom," he assured with a smile, and canted his muzzle curiously; "and you are Chai." He had not found the opportunity to know her personally beyond their hunt, not until now, but Dawn had been informative enough.

At the offer of aiding in chasing down those pesky rabbits again, his expression brightened. "I think I like this idea," he grinned mischievously. Artyom doubted the large-eared creatures would make an appearance again anytime soon, knowing that not but but two predators lurked nearby, but he would grasp at any chance to better bond with his comrades.