Wheeling Gull Isle and i smashed those tiny mirrors inside of your skull
435 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Warrior
All Welcome 
@Ruò

Strong. Huā's description had been stuck in his subconscious ever since he stepped on the island. Out here he was seen as the formidable wolf he always wanted to be. It felt good at first, but it made him feel a bit guilty after awhile. The beast-killing warrior was just a facade. In reality he was just a broken boy who got lucky. Orochi didn't want to be that boy anymore. In order to be that warrior, he needed to start by balancing on his legs. That's what bought him to the wide open shore that morning.

Orochi ran back and forth across the beach nonstop, falling a million times in the process. It was extremely embarrassing, but he comforted himself by thinking it was too early for anyone to stumble across him.
Lǜrén
a silent siren
279 Posts
Ooc — cyprin
Away
what the fuck is she watching. per' usual, ruo would be found by the beaches, rare to be within the isle's own forests. she preferred her home by the waters, and her stoney ledge, that gave way to be a guardian for herself and ward off the storms and sky. she heard a ruckus, and removed herself from the shaded edge, only for the siren to discover a foreign man without a leg.

however, she could detect the smell of cousins. she assumed, he was welcome. a few of her cousins were rather wary over those not of their own, but ruo was indifferent. she had more friends on the outside, then those of the inside- but either way, preferred the life of her own self. the silence, that he did not give. it was surprising that they let a stranger within yuelong.

the otter crept from underneath the ledge and perched ontop, watching in silence as the fool ran, then fell, and continued to be brought back up. she was curious on what his purpose was, as in the end, it all resulted into a fall.
[Image: dc1mu1x-1d71b3f4-120c-4399-b918-71c0e5bd...uDi0UyVmY4]
english | mandarin
435 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Warrior
Back and forth and back again. Fall again and again, growl, get up and start over. It's a monotonous task that makes him more and more frustrated by the minute. He wanted to see quick results, but that was impossible without endless hours of practice. So rather than giving up, he kept on going; that is until he spotted someone in his peripheral vision. 

Her presence threw off his focus. Orochi gasped, then tripped and tumbled soon after. Embarrassment flushed his cheeks. How long had she been standing there? More importantly; how many times had she seen him fall?

Orochi clumsily leaped to his paws and snarled. He wanted to tell her off, but everything that came out of his mouth was flustered nonsense. What are you—err—who are you- He whipped his head from side to side. Quit watching me you creep!
Lǜrén
a silent siren
279 Posts
Ooc — cyprin
Away
a fustrated fellow. he continued being riled up, while she remained calm and watched his failing and his sputter of words, calling ruo a creep. she did not reply back, and only continued giving an eerie stare within their silence, watching him, and studying. 

"what are you doing." he spoke of foreign-tongue, so she also followed toward the same language. the siren cared little toward his insult.
english | mandarin
435 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Warrior
None of your business, he snapped. Orochi could already tell he wouldn't like her. She wasn't listening to him and on top of that she was much more calm in comparison to the ball of fire. She had this condescending look on her face that drove him crazy and embarrassed him even more. 

You're not going to tell anyone about this. He took a few steps forward and bared his teeth. Cause if you do, I'll—I'll tear you apart. He didn't come off as intimidating as he wanted to be. He sounded like a pup that just got caught doing something wrong.
Lǜrén
a silent siren
279 Posts
Ooc — cyprin
Away
he gave threats, but it did not scare the siren. he sounded like a child, "you are like rat." ruo told him, staring at his flaming mouth as he bursted words of honey-coated venom. she started to get off the rock, and approach downwards.

"weak." step, by step.

"delicate." her blues drifted toward his missing leg, before back toward his gaze.

"angry." her paws reached the sandy beaches, while she continued a slow and calm walk towards him. 

"and pitiful."

ruo had no reason to be afraid of measly swine.
english | mandarin
435 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Warrior
Whatever composure he had slowly diminished as one degrading word followed another. When she stepped forward, he stepped back. When she glanced at his missing leg another wash of embarrassment shot through his body. And when she finally reached him he was no longer standing tall; he was hunched over in a defensive position. He hated how four simple words pierced through his tough skin.

I'm not a fucking rat, he hissed. Orochi dug his paws into the sand. Take it back.
Lǜrén
a silent siren
279 Posts
Ooc — cyprin
Away
"why?" there was no reason to take back a truth. he gave threats but held no bite over them, simple barking of a child. she wondered how the trio of cousins accepted him, as he was no family, and but of foreign-blood. they were wary, and likewise, ruo was cold. her mind thought she was fine with outsiders, but perhaps in reality she was quite frigid with them.

her thought fortified as he backed up with her steps, seemingly intimidated. ruo felt devilish, but with reason. she did not appreciate a strange man giving threats, when he was an ugly rat. she looked down upon him with a freezing expression, cold and dead.
english | mandarin
435 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Warrior
She reminded him so much of Valour. Endless talk. One assumed wolves like this had no fight, but he knew better. Valour's bite was just as good as his bark. If Orochi attacked her now, would he win? Or would he lose time and time again, just like he did against the nightwalker boy?

Why don't you fight me and find out? He lowered his head and growled.
nothing in life is to be feared,
it is only to be understood.
857 Posts
Ooc — nami
Pack Activity 
Cameo!

She'd been watching in silence, discreetly appraising either party. Ying stood far enough from the scene to go undetected but with perked ears and attentive eyes, the happenings were no secret. What was being said was unimportant (she was too far to hear anything but shouts); by the posturing alone, one could deduce what would come next. She fought back the urge to step forward. 

Orochi needed to prove his skill, and Ruo, her wisdom.
[ hover for translations ]
sequoia coast · open for threads (3/5)
Lǜrén
a silent siren
279 Posts
Ooc — cyprin
Away
"no." ruo answered with a freezing chill, looking at him like a pest. she wondered how he deducted the answer, for what purpose what she need to fight him? one without a leg, an outcome would be easy as she could simply tip him over. he already shown his unstability by the scene earlier. the answer was enough, because ruo simply didn't need to.

"i have nothing to prove to a rat."
english | mandarin
435 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Warrior
How could he let this coward get under his skin like this? At least Valour had the guts to fight him; this woman didn't even lift a paw! No yelling, no teeth, nothing. It should have made him more confident, but it just frustrated him even more.

You coward. He went forward and pushed his face into hers if she didn't back away. If you're not gonna fight then you can fuck off. And if you don't fuck off I'll make you.
Lǜrén
a silent siren
279 Posts
Ooc — cyprin
Away
ruo didn't back down, and stoicly stared at his fustrated looks. she was unintimidated by his anger, and only replied cooly, "you are rat." she was being awfully harsh, but grew tired of this overexerted persona of irritation in a bundle, "why fight the weak." and once more glanced at his lost leg, before gazing back into his eyes, "you angry for being so."

she was moreso uneager to move with the threat to leave. he entered a land dominated by family, but commanded one to leave the beaches she lays by every day. 
"you own nothing,"

"not even your leg." 
she spoke in her own tongue.
english | mandarin
435 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Warrior
I. am. Not. Weak. He followed her gaze to his leg, then quickly looked up and growled. Fuck that thing. Fuck it for making him look like some weak kid. He'd prove her wrong. Orochi could be strong, even when he was down a limb. He'd prove that right now.

He planted his paws on the ground, lowered his head and shoved it forward. Hopefully he'd be able to knock her off balance. Maybe then she would understand he was not one to toy with.
Lǜrén
a silent siren
279 Posts
Ooc — cyprin
Away
"you weak because you act so." she was no fool to simply let a man push her, and walked to the side avoiding his attack. why would the otter let him simply push? ruo couldn't help but shake her head at his stupidity, wondering what was he thinking this.

"you wild, angry, blind.. no control of self." he let his anger show the way, unlike the calm ruo, who rarely seemed to show emotion. but him? who was out of control? angered and irritated, spiraling out to rage, that itself seem to gave a throbbing headache. she couldn't look at it. 

"that is, why you weak."
english | mandarin
435 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Warrior
He had made no contact with the woman; she had simply moved out of his way. Wind rushed past his ears and down his spine. He stumbled this way and that in an attempt to regain some sort of balance. It doesn't work. He fell onto the sand.

The woman need not fight him; her comments were as painful as bites. But Orochi couldn't let that affect him. He grit his teeth, growled under his breath. He may be wild and angry and blind, but that did not make him weak.

You're wrong, he growled, lifting himself off the ground and facing her again. So fucking what if I'm all those things. I've been through more than you can ever imagine! And I still came out alive cause I never gave up. I always fought. That makes me strong. He says all this, yet he still feels like he has something to prove. It frustrates him.

I'm not gonna let some random stranger sit here and tell me otherwise. Still filled with that determination and rage. He charged at her again with the intent of of grabbing anything he could get.
Lǜrén
a silent siren
279 Posts
Ooc — cyprin
Away
"ok. and?" everyone has been through something, she had her own issues, and she imagined her cousins all did. being in the frigid system back home, ruo could only imagine everyone had their own sort of abuse coming through with their ways. but at least, some had left it, including herself.

"everyone has."

"you use strength to attack packmates."

"weak-minded."

perhaps she was taunting him a little too much.. anything the siren said literally got to him, he responded with such anger, she felt simply just existing would irritate the guy. he was literally attacking her after all, but blinded by rage, she felt at ease with simply toe-stepping away to avoid his attacks.

physco.
english | mandarin
435 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Warrior
No matter how hard he tried, she was always one step ahead of him. He'd charge, she'd move to the side, he'd almost trip over his feet. And then she'd berate him again. The cycle was humiliating; he couldn't handle any more of it.

Orochi shook the sand from his pelt and glared at her. You can keep your stupid beach for now. He turned and began to stomp away. I'll be back.
Lǜrén
a silent siren
279 Posts
Ooc — cyprin
Away
"k." the siren wasn't going to beg the raging rat to stay, but she didn't cast him out either. in the end, all his choices were by his own decision, while she simply spoke a few words. she didn't enjoy how so out of control he was, it seemed like anything he felt would be shown with ease.

even her cousins had more sense and dignity. he was a determined flame, but so wild it seemed everything would burn, including himself. well if he did, she'll be at the pride rock. none of ruo's business.

and so the two parted, not on the best terms.
english | mandarin