the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
All Welcome 
set to 2-22-2020
rolled fail hunt

A grin protruded, a tail held high as a particular fire-wolf had olives locked upon a hare that she saw made a den of recent days, and only now came out. It's little ears flickering in the air, and whiskers twitching at the slighest sound. She was so still, so idle..

Then Orlaith is off! Snow flinging across the earth as she made haste toward the creature, but alas, it was too slippery! "Oh shiiii-" The warrior slipped, literally sliding across the ground as rabbit gave a look of startle, frozen by the sudden wolf gliding across the silky snow.

Oh god where is she going.
[Image: dbsjoiy-a0dc5a12-726e-4fc9-9f6e-325ac868...sKmYWTqVa4]
my power they'll never take
44 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Rolled a 6 in 1d6, completes hunt.

To what the eve pleasured her;
she gnored for the girl had surrendered herself to the confines to the Court. Maybe not completely as her sister and Lumiya would so wish, but it still irked her as it had when she had to endure excursion. She cared not for thanes and kings and queens, she had rather have structure then all the royalty and daint titles and rituals. 

It was while she was skimming the whispering willows and the terrain she spotted Orlaith, flailing around like she would. Gods, did she have to be here as well? Maybe Lumiya was secretly tracking them all, she'd make a good hunter if so. Better than whataver Orlaith though she was doing. She raised a brow and somehwat confusion and conscendation as she approached the rabbit. Keeping better form and volume, she quickly made work of it in a swift scoop of jaws and the rather deafening crack bones, held closely to her ears.

❝ That's how ye hunt, I see you were confused, ❞ she sniffed. ❝ If that was even what ye were doing.❞  She had honestly done the rabbit a favor, it had to gaze at that horrible display and simply couldn't be pained to keep living with the mockery Orlaith ha dmade of predators. The fiery female made for a suitable distraction, though. She tightly toted the quarry between laced tongue and gaze at her triumphantly. 
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
"Nice to see you too, Aoibh." The fire-wolf caught herself back up and refrained from slamming against the tree, only to be greated by a venomous witch. Obviously since she saw Deidei a day back, there was no question she would run into her eventually. It was a comparison to the moon and sun, and a wonder how the two were related. However at the same time, Orlaith couldn't help but feel relieved to hear her poisonous tongue, "well, you know I was trying to play a game of chase," her olives looked down to the hare and chuckled lightly, "but I do believe you have killed my friend." She would never admit to a failure.

"Lumiya captured you too, huh?"
44 Posts
Ooc —
Away
The barbaric faerie cocked her head somewhat politely at Orlaith retort in acknowledgement, knowing her thoughts did not match her address. Her warm, cocky smile filled the her countenace as she neared the woman. As stubborn and fiery Orlaith maybe, she thought of her as just sultry and amiable, like dried used moss on summer nights in the faerie weald they both hailed from. The was some kind of grace the radiant carried, though she was the moon to her radiant sister and the poor image of her. Aoibh circled Orlaith with wanting, curiousity. She dropped her rcatch at the other's feet, her eyes never straying from their locked gaze. 

❝ I can't help it if I'm a better hunter than you, Ori, ❞ she suggestively wisecracked in a weightless tongue❝ Though, you haven't changed much. Still dainty yet fiery . . . a pretty too.❞ Her pride would be the death of her, and it would come just before the fall. Aoibh wished she could excuse herself and say it wasn't in her control, but she felt as barren as the last heat. She still kept the flirtatious quips belittled as possible though.

Aoibh rolled her eyes when Orlaith metioned a game of chase. Still wouldn't admit to her failures? Only men and tyrants don't take accountability. Yet, she likes that, a prideful and protective, fiery fae. Her expression did not change when her friend mentioned Lumiya.
❝ Saying that that little princess captured me would be too much of a stress. Even my sister knows I only follow her because Deidra wanted to, ❞ she groans. She couldn't bear to part with that junkie and didn't really care for Aoibh's visions in the long run. ❝ You know Fionn is here as well? Bastard. He only uses me sister as a drug deposit.❞ It would kill her to ever speak warmly of Fionn again, not mattter how much warmth her displayed to her dainty counterpart. Her envy spirals and ire streaks the top of her mind at the thought.

❝ More importantly, what have you been up to? Do you like it here . . .? ❞  Aoibh muttered soflty, her gaze as full and heated as ever. orlaith had a match in fiery sprite, her.
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
"Ori only for my Papa, remember that well Aoibh." There was an edge to Orlaith's laughter, as she faintly warned the other. Ori held a special place for the fire-wolf, was only her dearest papa and mama called her that. Deidra had created a nickname of Orla, she didn't mind it, and preferred if anything, if a nickname was a must, others were to call her that. 

She didn't appreciate any one else using the name.

"We can prove that another time," she wouldn't admit defeat, "I doubt anyone changed," now her laughter was more light-hearted, letting the threats sway away for another day, "you the same too you damn witch." Despite the more malicious words, it was filled with a jest and a hardy laughter that continued to follow after. The two may bump heads and spare with words occasionaly, but they were still friendly.

"He here too?" He was a warrior variant like herself, and she'd love to spare with him if she got the chance.. However he didn't lose the addiction, "what a damn shame. He'd make a fine guard." Orlaith wasn't afraid to say it out loud either, and was willing to tell it to him when she saw his face too. She couldn't express how much of a disappointment it was- and honestly if the fire-wolf see's him, she'll probably beat his ass. Using his talent for waste!

"It's peaceful, almost too peaceful to not patrol anymore," she admitted, "but I've spent my days doing that. It's way less crowded, that's for sure."
44 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Aoibh made no evident notion to comply to Orlaith by her countenance unfaltering keep, but she'd take note of it. A name was not an object nor possession really, anyone can bear, take, and utilize it. Titles were never important to her, but she wasn't a mean-spirited fae either. Didn't mean she didn't find it deathly annoying, being talked down too because some were sensitive

The woman only snorted at the others pride once again and shook her head. A damn witch she was, it always sounded nicer when her hearty laugh played with what should have been insult to injury. All she could do was bob her head in definite agreement when she described Fionn, though a "fine guard" could not justify any part of that scrap.

❝ Still pissed they had the nerve to kick us out, even our parents didn't really do much, ❞ the witch snorts and licks her teeth. Her mother sucked.
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
Her pride was her greatest asset, she believed. It held her confidence to be the fae guard, and she'd be damned to let anyone try to knock it down. It was hard to admit to a mistake, especially a fixable one with another game of chase. A hardy habit to change, for Orlaith.

She followed her own snort, and could only let out a smirk, "my mama a weak one." The fire-wolf was more close to her father, then her own mother. While he was alive, he was always came to her mothers beckoning and calling, like a dog on a leash. He was a lovers fool, and they acted like they were on an eternal honeymoon, "without my papa, she had no stance." He, was the only one who could protect her enough to gain a voice. A warrior protecting the damsel, was no more.

Without it, she had nothing. So in the end, Orlaith couldn't blame her ma' for not saying anything, or most likely, she would've had the same fate. However, it couldn't be denied, it did stung when her mom, upon the announcement, didn't even say a goodbye. She was their only child, and without the fire-wolf, the other was truly alone. Wouldn't if anything, she'd want to be with her? Suppose not.. She never truly knew her mother that well.

Orlaith thought she deserved it, even if she couldn't blame her. If she decided to remain silent, then she can stay alone within' the overpopulated court, and no one to help her, "they'll all have the same fate." She couldn't help laugh though, because they'll have the same fate next year as the season of lust was now within their sights. They'll have more children, and more wolves to turn away. Who was next, she wondered.

"We'll just enjoy our paradise."
44 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Much and little could be used to descrive the fiery fae's mother. Aoibh was always determined to ascend in the ideals of life without the presence of a man at her side, she didn't need them. Her own mother, however, was somewhat the same. Maeve was weak in the heart and core. Perhaps it would be the fragments of their families who would be facing an excusrion next, and Aoibh would not be eager to greet them.

❝ Let's. You want to try hunting again . . . or would you rather promenade? ❞ she laughs as heartily as the sun and her counterpart as she circles her, like bubbles in foamy seas.
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
close this thread and open a new one to another area? :eyes:

"I'll take you on any day." Orlaith cheered to herself, knowing the next would not be a failure. Though perhaps luck was binded to be somewhere else today, "take the chance to see if we can nab big ones, yeah?" She assumed the other, like herself has not really explored much elsewhere besides the wllows.

She really hoped there was some cooler prey out there besides the goat. Bison would be the best choice she could ask for- but wouldn't mind a stag. They taste the absolute best, in her opinion, but couldn't stay picky when it came to food.