Wheeling Gull Isle if i don’t go to hell when i die i might go to heaven
435 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Warrior
Private 
@Huā

Running for hours and hours that day hadn't been a great idea in the long run. When he woke up the next morning, everything felt sour; his legs, his body, even the muscles in his face had bee affected. He had expected this for the most part. He pushed his body to the limits yesterday, even when his leg made him feel drowsy. It was just a sacrifice that had to be made.

Orochi limped to the beach that morning, making sure it was on the opposite side of where that woman had been. He didn't want an audience again. Rather than starting right away, stretched his muscles for preparation.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
Unfortunately for Orochi, an audience he would receive. Huā was not searching for the fiery boy in particular, but was glad when she happened across him. He appeared to be doing gymnastics on the beach down below, stretching out as if preparing for something. Curious, she approached slowly from the green fields, enjoying the transition from grass to soft sand. She eyes his back non-leg while approaching. She had never seen such a thing- and though she would not stare so obviously at it while in front of him, for she had manners, from this distance she marveled at the strange and unfamiliar sight. 

The siren makes no effort to hide her approach. And yet she keeps her distance, finding herself still wary of his temper. Huā scolds herself mentally, thinking she ought to be a better or at least bolder leader- but she remains planted where she had halted. Orochi! Hey... island, how is it for you? You like? She calls with a friendly tone, though she braced herself for whatever rude words would spew from his dark lips.
435 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Warrior
Good thing he didn't start running immediately. The last thing he wanted was Huā seeing him stumble around on the beach. At least she still thought he was cool. He hoped she did at least.

Orochi straightened up when she approached, acting as if he wasn't about to do anything at all. And of course he sat, because he didn't want to risk falling in front of her.

Everyone here is a shithead. He paused briefly before adding, Except you I guess. She was the only one he didn't want to kill or didn't want to kill him. And it stinks all day. But other than that it's alright. It's a roof over his head, that's all he needed.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
The boy sits and begins to answer, but his reply is not what she'd hoped it would be. The stink was inevitable- only the deepest confines of the forest would be the escape from that. She supposed she hadn't seen it as an issue, but that was probably because of how accustomed to it she'd become. She scolded herself mentally for lacking the empathy to consider problems like these. 

But the other issue. That was avoidable, wasn't it? She knew her relatives could be collectively a pain in the ass- reclusive xenophobes here, toughened rambunctious people there. But who had been rude to their newcomer? Sure, Huā had paranoid thoughts of her own- distrusted foreigners more than she did her family, of course.

But the fiery boy without a leg, the humble girl washed up on the beach- she harbored these people for a reason. They needed a home, and yet her relatives had not been hospitable. Yes, Orochi was a hothead- but was that a good reason to be a 'shithead' to him? Orochi, I really sorry my relative mean. Which people treat you like that?
435 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Warrior
I dunno. He tried to recall names, but quickly gave up, thinking it was a stupid attempt. If they had said their names, he'd forgotten them. They either slipped his mind or he purposely forgot. Either way, he'd have to go off of descriptions.

One is pale with a dark spot on her back. The other kinda looks like you, —then he adds with a hiss— I hate her more than the other one.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
The first description could only be that of Ying's. Huā's eyes narrow with some irritation- so the girl could be a slut with every boy on the coast, but as soon as she met Orochi, she had to be a bitch? He was a crippled boy, for god's sake. Tempered or not, he deserved respect like everyone else, even if he didn't necessarily dish it back out. He was a child- it would take time. He had been raised by the rules of these lands, while children had every right to throw tantrums. Huā was determined that they could even out his personality in time; perhaps teach him their own customs and value systems. But right now Ying was being a shit role model. 

The second one, at first thought, sounded like Mei. Mei looked like her more than any other on the island, and so she couldn't help it but to assume it was her twin. What was up with her sisters being rude and unwelcoming? Yes, they were a reclusive sort- but they would have to learn to adapt. Huā was putting effort into adapting, why couldn't they? 

My sisters. I sorry- sometimes, they are mean. They create bad home for you... I regret this. I hope I can teach them be nice in the future.
435 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Warrior
And this was why Huā's presence wasn't all too bad. She didn't despise him like the other two did, and she actually wanted to help him. Wolves like that are few and far between, and they always come and go into his life. How long would she stay? He clenched his teeth and averted his gaze. Why should I care about that?

Thanks, he grumbled, then silence. He wasn't expecting this to go this way. Everyone negated his words, so of course he believed Huā would too. She didn't, so there'd be no fight today. But now what should he do? What should he say? The silence drags along at an uncomfortably slow pace.

Why'd you want to live on an island? A fact he silently judged—and would keep judging— until a reasonable answer was given. Why not live inland? Wouldn't that be easier?
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
She could feel the awkwardness too, in that silence. The two of them were like water and fire; Orochi- a flame who wanted to spread, and Huā- the water that would soothe the spark yet leave it unsatisfied. His next words were a welcome intrusion to fill the quiet. 

I think lot people wonder why. Lot people know island smell bad, is far from most people. But... to me, island is home. I am away from world of people who hurt me. They cannot touch me here. And the sea... it is my, um, paradise. I am surround by it, make me feel so happy. She pauses for a moment, paying a glance back to the firecracker. Do it make sense?
435 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Warrior
Yes, this island did have a putrid smell and yes, it was isolated from the outside world. Claiming this island as paradise, well, it was strange to him. Claiming anything as paradise was strange to him. The whole concept was hard for a nomad to wrap his head around. But he wasn't a wandering nomad anymore. This was home now, and maybe it'd be his paradise in time. For now it was just a rock he happened to reside in. He could not see the magic in it.

I dunno. Not really. Orochi shrugged. No place has ever made me felt like that.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
we can fade this soon?

She frowned slightly at his words. Was there no place that had ever felt like his sanctuary? Like the place he could always find safety and peace? Maybe, perhaps, he would come to love the island in time, to see it the way she did. And yet- knowing the stubborn boy- somehow she doubted it. 

I think is a bit sad that you not find place like this yet. I really hope that one day you find happy place. Who know- maybe sometime, you will see this island different. She shrugs her shoulders nonchalantly.