Jade Fern Grove I'm blending into the grass with my snake-thumb
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
All Welcome 
Early morning. Cold, snowy, very unsurprising there. She hadn't wandered too far from the territory at this point, just taking a bit of a jaunt into the grove to see how things were doing there. She'd have to go back to the forest some other day to make sure it was still uninhabited -- she needed a few trips of finding nothing before she was confident that was the case. There were no such worries here. Hell, instead there was always the chance of finding something to eat, a new recruit... Any of that. 

That and she needed to clear her head. There was plenty for Arbiter to think about now. It was all on her -- which might not have been bad, but it certainly was different. Did she like it? Too early to tell. Probably a bit more wary than anything.

She raised her nose to the wind, seeking some answers to at least the most ordinary questions, whatever distractions happened to be out there. Nothing right this second. She walked on.
Arbiter is often not a nice person and will think mean things without acting on them.
If you aren't sure whether her snarky thoughts might be readable, just ask!  IC≠OOC
14 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Literally editing this whole thing.

Anokhi had taken up a small portion of the forest as her temporary home. She knew that it would only last a few days before her next move, but took care to decorate the shallow den as best as she could. Her spindly limbs fit perfectly beneath the shelter, even if a wayward paw was abandoned to snowfall in her sleep.

The waif rose and stretched out her bones, giggling as the joints popped! The presence of another had gone unnoticed, so she began to sniff out a trail, hoping for a morning hunt.
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
She moved through the forest in her usual predatory way, sweeping the surroundings. So far, nothing interesting. Her subconscious was still left juggling how things would redistributed leadership-wise. How much of a rush did she have to be in? Hopefully not very. Still, she'd need to keep things moving, it wasn't like there was endless time.

Movement. Her ears pitched forward, and for a second she froze, waiting for the figure to clarify itself in the distance. Another wolf, and not the same one from before. Good or bad? Currently unclear, but that meant she had to investigate. She moved forward at last, searching for a scent that would answer her questions. Still far enough away that voice was probably more useful, Arbiter called out as she approached, Who are you? Still never one for small talk, apparently.
Arbiter is often not a nice person and will think mean things without acting on them.
If you aren't sure whether her snarky thoughts might be readable, just ask!  IC≠OOC
14 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Anokhi turned a curious eye toward the voice, quickly noticing the unfamiliar frame of its source. Who are you? she asked. The question seemed intrusive and until an explanation was made, she did not plan to give a serious answer. The waif stretched her tail and yawned, blinking the residual sleep from her gaze. I'll tell you if you tell me.
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
I can't remember if this is set before or after she would have joined WBS, so I'm gonna assume that right now she can't smell the scent or whatever if so.

What was with some of these people? Perhaps Arbiter was just more irritable than usual, but the easier thing was for them to answer. Not answering, drew suspicion, and her brow creased slightly. Arbiter of Legion. She watched the other woman suspiciously, And if you were with the woman from the other forest, then you will know who I am. If not, then is there a reason you're on my pack's doorstep, or just moving through? She was protecting her home -- there would be no more packs settling up against hers if there was anything she could do about it.