Hoshor Plains Challenge what the future holds
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
Private 
@Peony
sorry for the wait!

For the first time in a long time, the healer had begun to really feel content. The feeling was often fleeting, though, despite how much she desired to feel that way all the time. Real life always found a way to bust through her contentment and remind her of everything she was still worried about. She still had no idea where Castor was, and she still had no idea what would become of the terrible wrong she committed while a part of Moonspear. She wished she could let the latter go, but she feared she would never stop looking over her shoulder. And she would never move on from the worry over her missing son—not until she found him, and she refused to believe that she wouldn't. She paused her steps and closing her eyes, she released a heavy sigh. She hadn't wanted to get caught in this spiral of anxiety today, but she never really had much of a choice. The only thing she could do now was try to distract herself, and so she moved forward once again, determined to do just that.
35 Posts
Ooc — Kaiya
No worries!! <3

Peony had spent all morning hunting, trying to make herself helpful. Though if she was honest, she was planning on eating it, not putting it in a cache. Recently she had taken it upon herself to find traveling herbs and save them up, not wanting to take anything from the caches she was determined to feed herself as much as possible. If she wasn't starving completely the russet girl would survive until her next meal, a new motto could make anybody fierce for survival. Her hunt caught her but a mere morsel of what she had desired but she came back optimistic anyway.

Within her jaws was a small deer mouse, it's lifeless body limp between her teeth. Wanting to make sure she was within Kaistleoki territory Peony backtracked; a simple but effective method. The girl had always been a daydreamer, a mindless fantasizer, but this time she deserved a crown for her absentmindedness. Walking back she lost her sense of reality, humming a random harmony to herself without notice, focusing on nothing. Her light steps broken by a large root as she faceplanted into the snow, she opened her mouth to yelp but instead all she got was a jaw full of frozen flakes and loss of mouse.

Frantic she retrieved her meal from the snow and stood; "Whoops! Sorry didn't see ya there sir! Or ma'am...? I'm not sure!" the lady spoke. Finally plopped back into reality the crimson woman looked up to see a woman standing not too far away. Padding over she saw a soon-to-be friend, hopefully at least. When she was within hearing range the flaming girl called over, skipping towards the woman, shifting tail trailing her, a smile stapled to her face: "Hiya there! I'm Peony! Who are you?"
-If found return to Kaistleoki!!- 
Peony has anosmia (loss of smell) and is extremely extroverted, good luck!
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
She wasn't alone very long, something she was grateful for; she always enjoyed the company of others, especially new packmates. She hadn't seen the other wolf trip, though, and had only been alerted to her presence when she began to talk. She met the other woman's smile and greeting with a warm smile of her own. I'm Speedy, she offered. It's good to meet you, the healer continued. 

What are you up to today? she asked, gaze moving to Peony's meal briefly before resting on the friendly woman's face. Maybe it was something Speedy could help her with. She was eager to find something to distract her from her thoughts and was always up for helping a packmate. Plus, she would get to know more about this new member.
35 Posts
Ooc — Kaiya
Glad this woman mirrored her own friendly disposition Peony smiled warmly and nodded when the lady introduced herself as Speedy. "Oh, it's wonderful to meet you as well Speedy!" The yearling's tail was uncontrollably wagging ferociously behind her as she listened to the lady speak again. "Oh! Well, today I just went for a hunt! This is all I found though. But that's okay! Anything is better than nothing!" 

Trying to reassure the woman Peony kept her chipper mood. Making sure the king lady knew that she would be fine she added: "If I ever get hungry I can fetch some traveling herbs!" Peony didn't know for certain what Speedy did but she hoped it was something interesting.
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
It seemed she had been quite productive today, something that made Speedy smile. She like when packmates kept busy; she was usually found tending to her herb collection or checking on the sick and healing, so she appreciated it when others pulled their weight too. Sounds like a good day, she replied with a grin.

The mention of herbs further piqued her interest in the other woman. Do you collect plants? she asked. If so, the healer would be most excited; she would need all the help she could get over the summer, as well as help in the spring replenishing her herb supply. If there were more wolves working to keep the pack healthy, it would greatly relieve some of her stress, especially in the summer when newborn pups would prevent her from being as attentive to the pack's needs as she normally would.
35 Posts
Ooc — Kaiya
As soon as Peony mentioned traveling herbs Speedy seemed to be that much more interested in the lady, something she had noticed with Ira as well. "When necessary yes! I know the use of many, I find it so interesting, but lately I have only found the use of traveling herbs and perhaps a poultice here and there" the russet woman spoke with a sheepish smile.

Quickly forgetting her uncertainty she shot the question back "Do you?" Waiting for the answer proved quite difficult as she anticipated one who shared a common interest with the yearling. A smile spread across her features as hope and amusement sunk its way into her brow as well. 
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
It seemed the other woman had at least a basic knowledge of healing, which was of great interest and relief to the medic. She smiled and nodded when Peony asked about her feelings towards gathering plants. I am Kaistleoki's medic, she answered. It was an honor to call herself that and a responsibility she didn't take lightly. In fact, it often kept her up at night. So to have someone that might be able to help was like a gift from the universe. I collect all of my own plants and store them in a cache, although my supplies has suffered after all the quakes and throughout the winter, she continued. then she paused and smiled again before adding: I would love to have a fellow medic, though. Is that something that you do as well? Maybe she was more interested in the plant side of things. Some wolves were, and honestly, that would be just as helpful. She would need all the help she could get replenishing her herb supply come spring. Speedy loved plants, as well, but healing was her true passion.
35 Posts
Ooc — Kaiya
This woman was proving herself to be more than Peony could have ever asked for, a true medic! If at all possible, the girl's features lit up even more at Speedy's mentioned profession. Somehow, Peony kept herself quiet through the woman's chattering. She didn't mind though, every piece of information furthering the girl's excitement. "Oh yes!" She exclaimed, practically jumping at the offer. "I must admit though, I am not the most skilled at the moment! I have studied plenty, but I find it to be difficult to find anywhere to get experience other than myself!" 

Peony's mother had been the one to introduce her to the medical field, that being her very own profession. But, her mother never let her actually practice on anyone due to the fact that Peony hadn't been ready at the time. Her mother passed before she was ever even close to being able to hold that responsibility and her father had no muse nor business with her interest. So the young one had simply kept the urge at bay and retained the necessary information for a time such as this, one where her passion might just be attainable. Flashing a cheeky smile the russet lady finished: "If you would like, I could take you up on that offer!"
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
That's no problem at all, Speedy assured the other healer when she explained that she hadn't had much hands on experience. Knowing what to do is half the battle, she added with a smile. If you want, I can start calling for you anytime I'm helping someone, that way you can work with me and get some experience. There was no better way to learn in Speedy's opinion. 

In the meantime, I can show you what plants I have stored right now, the healer offered. It would be a good place to start and a good way to show the other healer her preferences. Maybe her packmate had different ways of approaching things? Speedy always welcomed the opinions of other healers; if there was a better or more efficient way to do something, then she wanted to know.