Totoka River sleep with the devil you know
nothing in life is to be feared,
it is only to be understood.
857 Posts
Ooc — nami
Often, affection begot anger. She did not like to be overly intimate with her many suitors. It made her feel cheap, like they pitied her and planned to pay for their exchange with meaningless kisses. Ying allowed his nips but backed away with a smile, nodding for him to calm down.

She moved out of reach and knelt down to groom herself. You live here? she asked, wondering if he resided nearby.
[ hover for translations ]
sequoia coast · open for threads (3/5)
387 Posts
Ooc —
he got the memo she wasn't one for soppy exchanges and promptly backed off as she lay to groom herself. "no" he responded as he slid to his haunches, tail curling neatly to his side as he lifted a paw to chew at his nails.

"do you?" he asked, though he could already guess the answer. sea spray and sand had woven their way so deeply into her coat, it would come as more of a surprise to hear she did not live here than anything else.
available for threads
available for sprees
857 Posts
Ooc — nami
Ying nodded her head. Close to here. The island was seperate from her endeavors and would remain that way. She never brought a suitor home; Hua's knowledge of Aningan was more than enough. You can come or visit, but not with me. She smiled and winked, wondering if he would understand her need for discretion. But, if I do not say my name, you cannot say you know me anyway.
387 Posts
Ooc —
her answers were vague and only caused more interest to stir within, though he chose not to prod her for anymore information than what she was willing to share. "don't want to show me off?" he teased through a toothy smile, though returned her wink with one of his own as if to confirm he understood her wishes.

"if not your name, what shall i call you instead?" he asked, curious if there was a title she had in mind.
available for threads
available for sprees
857 Posts
Ooc — nami
Having forgotten about the otter and lost interest in the conversation, Ying replied, Call my whatever. It is no matter because you will not see me again. She shook the debris from her fur and slinked out of sight, content to wait for his leave so that she might return for a bath.
387 Posts
Ooc —
he did not attempt to stop her as she rose and left the scene abruptly, their mealiness banter having met it's end. slowly he stood to stretch out his joints, a gurgle of his stomach reminding him of the prize she'd left behind.

and so with a bounce to his step, astaroth made his way over to the tattered otter and plucked it from the ground, a muffled chuckle escaping him as he watched the last of her retreating form disappear in the distance.
available for threads
available for sprees