Hushed Willows Your last chance to negotiate
Everything lies within Emotion
483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Private 

The fae had loved taking a slow start this morning, lazing about for a change till the urge to do something struck her again. She didn't take much time off from trying to establish her court of wonders, but when she did it was relaxing and filled with a good meal. Despite being small and skinny, the girl needed some good nutrition for all the trips she took and the scouting she did. She already felt like her legs were stronger than ever before.

She fluttered to the border then, wanting to start a small patrol and see if anyone would be happy to join her.
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
"Oh hey!" Orlaith was to be found by the border quite often, as she didn't expect the other fae's to do so. They were more inner-realm dwellers, caring to the plants and each others, not to mention the fine arts. She preferred the rougher life, taking after her dear Papa on the life of a warrior, especially so to be a fire-fairy to the court. A guardian, and a protector, a fiery to the outsiders.

The wolf though, has yet to meet many that she could take steam off from. There was the Fionn, an accomplice in the arts of war, yet he was doped on drugs half the time. Not to mention Orlaith has yet to actually see the fellow to beat him up yet, so.. Patrolling it was.

And so, she saw Lumiya, "Patrolling, eh Queen?"
[Image: dbsjoiy-a0dc5a12-726e-4fc9-9f6e-325ac868...sKmYWTqVa4]
483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Though she'd most likely lose any spar, if one of their members asked her if she could be a rag doll for them she'd happily comply. She was here to serve them, not the other way around - at least, that's how she saw the role as Faerie Queen (a name she'd most likely never get used to). Her physical skills were lacking, but her brilliant mind paved a way for a great therapist to rise. Though young, the fae understood much more than some did in their sixth winter.

Why, hello Orlaith. She greeted with a warm smile. She nodded then. Though I love meeting strangers, it is best to keep them out of the territory we wish to claim — don't you think? She did not doubt their fiery sprite could take down even the meanest of biters, but she'd rather not risk her getting wounded so early on - or, at all, for that matter.
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
Orlaith was prone to agree in a nod, she definitely didn't appreciate other's simply wandering in as they pleased, no matter how charming and slick they could be. "Just gotta be tough," however, she also enjoyed a good laugh when it came to meeting others. For her, it simply depended on who was superior on the moment, "stand you're ground. Can't let them think no one can stop them, and only ypou are temporary permitting the visit." However.. She couldn't imagine Lumiya puffing her chest, trying to look arrogant.

"Met anyone so far?"
483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Tough was the farthest from what the small fae was, but she had her moments - like when she stood up to Orla herself. Still, she couldn't see herself chasing out intruders with her tail wafting high in the air, teeth bared and ready to strike. The most she could do was give a stern talking-to.

Just a few - there was little Eilonwy and a handsome boy named Ríoghain. She did not know where they were at that point in time, but she had been sure to inform them of their settlement here. Meanwhile, she padded through the outskirts of their forest, marking here and there to make sure their scent would strengthen.
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
"Handsome you say?" the fire wolf grinned, "do say more." Orlaith had her moments, while she never pursued mad romances, there wasn't a denial of a few flings here and there for the trial by error kind of goal. In the end it wasn't really for her, she didn't like adhering by others. She didn't really give two damns to everyone else- but knew a lover, need to have some sort of line. So, single she was happily, and flirtin' she was as well.

"Where your mans at?" The guard hoped to get some sort of rise out of the fairy queen, or some sort of gossip in general. It was hard to imagine the determined little girl, madly in love... Maybe not too hard, really. She was like a princess, and there was always knights waiting in line. While doing border patrol together, Orlaith couldn't help but try and poke some fun before unknowingly (knowingly) crossing some threshold.
483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
A blush settled on the little fae's cheeks. I... simply didn't have another word to describe him. She said, nearly defensive. He was polite, a real charmer, but the little fae was not struck by artificial things. She did not wish to be involved romantically with anyone at that moment, and it would take a lot for her to cross that invisible barrier.

I don't know - I hope he's still around — And he's not mine, mind you. She sighed softly. With everyone scattered about, it was hard keeping track of their member count. The only ones certain to stick around were the original faeries, the others were wildcards. She hoped she had convinced at least a few to stick around, but no matter how good she was at reading others, she couldn't read their minds.

What about you? Have you spotted someone I can betroth you to yet? She joked lightly.
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
"Ohhh, but he's handsome to you?" She knew Lumiya held a variety of vocab, but choosing the specific words, Orlaith would take any chance to make some fun, "isn't that enough?" She laughed, "you even wish for him. Why not claim him?" There was the belief if you like it, one should take it for themself. Why did the queen try to not claim what could be her's? The realm was all for her- and she too can take the men, The fire-wolf didn't want them, "be confident and take what is yours!"

"Nah," and she was willing to admit it, "I didn't betroth then, nor' now. I'm pretty good with myself." Orlaith didn't need someone's pretty words to boost herself, she was pretty positive by her own. Felt a man, woman, there was no need for a partner.
483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
She suddenly regretted bringing the guy up entirely. A slight twitch of her french lilac eye was all she showed of her annoyance, stammering defensively; Look, he probably does not even fancy me in that way — so, in the end, it's futile. She pouted slightly, wondering where the hurt feelings came from. This time it wasn't her fear of romantic situations and commitments beyond her current comprehension - no, it was that no one had ever fancied her the way she thought someone should in a relationship. Saying he's handsome is like stating a fact — the sun is bright, snow is white, et cetera. She chirped after having calmed down her feelings of anger, her tone now a bit more somber.

Well, so am I. She said as she marked a tree for the second time today - it was clear the conversation about her love life had upset the little fae a bit.
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
The fire guard was having fun, as she prodded at the queen's fine line. A grin had widened as she saw the twitching, and didn't stop, "well, then why not bring him here, yeah? Let's see if he is handsome." A man that was intriguing, she wondered just how he looked if it was. He better be a fine King, or she wouldn't let it slip, "hey now, you never know till' you ask." Orlaith couldn't help laugh at the pessimism.

Though it may be upsetting to one, it was clear she was fully enjoying the conversation. The lady was not strong enough yet to turn down the mighty fire wolf, and so she would continue until a final snap. Even then, with her personality, it truly may never end.. Just post-poned. What fun! "well, he ain't here. Should we mark more to see if he'll come? Better yet, even more handsome ones!" Maybe she didn't want to settle, but couldn't deny beauties.
483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Oh - just shut your howling screamer about it, will you?! She finally yelled after all the prods had settled, pulling a surprised face not even seconds later. She shook her head then, not ever wanting to raise her voice in public. Somehow, Loinnir had felt she'd been distressed and had made his way to the pair, hopping from branch to branch and eventually landing atop the little fae.

I'm sorry — I shouldn't have raised my voice against you. She apologized soon after, disappointed in herself for letting this get to her. It was clear Orlaith was just having fun, but at the expense of Lumi's feelings? She found it a bit rude, but it was rude to yell at her too. Neither party had much defense for their actions. Romance is a... difficult subject for me.
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
The grin never faded, even with the fae finally snapped at her. Orlaith only let out a hearty laughter, seeing the perfection broken, "nah," but it didn't help, now did it? "everyone love's me for it," she said, confidently. Now she is a bit mean, for the sake of laughter, but she'd never cross certain boundries. Wouldn't want to deal with the aftermath.. However sometimes her mouth simply slips regardless.

"It's alright," the loud laughter fell down to a soft chuckle. The fire wolf did not defend her actions, as the thought never came to be, "had your heart broken? Well, some ain't shit so," the woman shrugged, "always others." Maybe the handsome gent' she mentioned could be that guy.
483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
The fae let out a little "hmpf" at the laughter and the 'witty' remarks, but could not bring herself to dislike Orla for it. This truly was just who she was as a person, and thought it had upset Lumi and would probably upset many more after this, she couldn't force her to be nicer and more considerate. The fae was at a loss as to how she would deal with such a feisty, toe-stepping warrior in the future, when her rule was official and she couldn't be played with like this anymore.

Not heartbreak. She sighed, averting her gaze for just a moment. She felt Loinnir prune her fur in her neck to comfort her, surprised that the bird felt so much for her. For all his mean squabbles and nasty hoots, he could be quite the gentleman. I do not believe anyone has loved me in that way, ever — And I haven't either. She mused then, calmer now. It makes me think there is no such relationship etched into my fate whatsoever.
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
"Wow, that's depressing." Orlaith said it outloud to the fae, giving a deadpan look toward her pessimism. Almost made her feel depressed! Though the feeling was mutual to say, since she thought likewise on how not many would feel the same.. The fire-wolf didn't care much however, she was quite alright with just herself in the end.

"Don't think you tried though, have you?" The guard tried, she didn't care for it too much. Didn't choose to betroth for it, not liking to be tied down to anothers whims. Felt pretty nice to be selfish. Sharing is not a vocab within Orlaith's dictionary.
483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
She didn't feel like Orlaith was the one she could talk to about this stuff - she was too much of a realist, and harsher with words than the little Lumi would ever even dare to be. Perhaps it was better to not talk about it for any longer than she needed to, but she secretly just wished Orlaith would just shut up about it so they could do their job in peace.

It's fine — just, leave it alone. She responded, doing her duties with an absent mind that did not wish to talk further about the topic at hand.
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
wrap up and perhaps another thread of them patrolling/scouting? :eyes:

"Alright alright," Orlaith calmed down on her teasing. She had hit the spot she wanted, but now the other was down in the dumps. The warrior was a blunt one, and did not like the word play some fairies tend to give. She was rather harsh when they tried to use lore and tales, with poetic themes upon talking to her, and they would usually receive a bite if so. Even though growing up in a cultural pack, she was not a green fairy, but one of fire and fury, a guard to them. Sometimes, guards simply don't mix with the common fae.

"Wanna go hunting alongst the borders?" She suggested a change, and shrugged off the atmosphere.
483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Feel free to archive if you have nothing else to add!

On the other hand, Lumi was a poet that used words in a gentler manner - ne'er trying to offend. She realized this was not the only way one could communicate, of course, but it was the way she preferred. Especially as the new queen of the court, overseer of the faeries, she needed to be likable and respectful.

Alright. She echoed, following the other then to the spot of their hunting grounds.