lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
All Welcome 
scout trade thread! perhaps @Dawn or @Artyom this is backdated to Feb. 12th

It had been some time now since the Count last saw Dawn, the name almost disappearing from her mind amidst the chaos of the quakes that plagued the land some time ago. If it had not been for Howl, she likely would have forgotten. He spoke warmly of her and her desire to start a pack to the north. It was far out of Kaistleoki's reach, too far to consider any deep relations, but it was worth her time to at least find the land.

After her departure from Easthollow, Ira decided she might as well make her way north now. Soon she would be too busy with Kaistleoki's move to make her way this far for a while. Surely her strength would be needed to protect the upcoming litters as well. Luckily, the vague directions the roan warrior had received managed to lead her to a pack's borders.

Standing near the borders, Ira was careful not to trespass as she searched for a scent to tell her she was right. Amongst the smells, she was certain a hint of Dawn was here, at least enough for her to confidently call to those who resided at the stream.
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
323 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Tag for reference.   :)

Firm between his jaws, a fresh kill. The Winter-white rabbit dangled lifeless as Artyom ventured through the frosted woods in the direction of his densite with every intention of sharing his catch with Dawn.

A stranger's request for attention at the borders had him veering along a different trail, however. Artyom instead delivered his prize to the first wolf he happened across - @Salvatore - before bidding him a hurried farewell as he turned to lope toward the source of their latest visitor.

"Morning," the hunter offered a bright smile to accompany the friendly sweep if his ivory plume, "welcome to Whitebark Stream. My name is Artyom."

1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
the call is foreign until it isn't -- the sharp tug of recognition has her abandon her patrol and turn back the way she'd come. the sound had stemmed from a quite a distance away, and so she arrives a few minutes after Artyom has made his introductions. 

the woman that stands at their borders is familiar. her tail wafts in warm greeting, though her most recent interaction with Evergreen is enough to have her hold back, somewhat. "Ira," she greets, pulling up alongside her mate and pressing briefly her shoulder to his in greeting. "what can we do for you?" small smile graces her muzzle, a quick scan ensures the woman seems in good enough health.
lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The wait was not long as a male was quick to greet her, friendly as he welcomed her providing a name to himself and the wolves who lived here. She stored both in her mind for later, the pack and it's location foreign. Ira offered a swift dip of her head to the male, Greetings, I go by Ira.

The scent was even stronger on him, any doubts she had could easily be washed away now. I seek a woman named Dawn. Rumor has it this is her pack? As if she had summoned the hunter, the woman in question appeared, leaning into Artyom as she exchanged her own greeting.

What had transpired between her and the previous Count was unknown to Ira, as far as she was concerned the woman had disappeared after the quakes. Kaistleoki had needed her, but they proved to survive all the same and because of that, she could not hold a grudge. I see you've made yourself comfortable here. I heard you were forming your own pack and thought I might see it for myself before I head home.
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
323 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
A dip of the stranger's crown was given, and Artyom offered one of his own. He'd never been one to assert himself and he held no real desire to, not in the company of wolves who would respect him without demand. Ira provided a name to pair with her face and, with a warm smile, Artyom repeated the syllables: "Ira.

A simple name, and he found he liked the sound if it as it rolled with ease from his tongue. She asked after Dawn and recognition sprung to his pale features. "Ah, yes," he wagged his tail, "that rumour would be correct. She is -" A call from behind him interrupted and, shifting to look over his shoulder, Artyom's gaze found the sterling features of his mate.

She bumped against him, but the hunter made no move to return the gesture. Although he did not oppose physical affection, he did not wish to make their visitor feel uncomfortable. So he fell quiet, content to remain in the background while the she-wolves reunited.