Neverwinter Forest And it feels like yesterday was a year ago
~ the outsider ~
183 Posts
Ooc —

set after THIS thread; please let Mal post first

Im assuming @Kratos might be lurking around as well….

The walk hadn’t been far, but Rosalie was bone tired, and each step weighed heavily on her shoulders. She did her best to seem calm and collected, but inside she was a nervous ball of energy. She was deeply worried about Zephyr’s injuries. What had happened? Mal had only mentioned sh—they had been attacked. She had lost one child, and wasn’t sure if she could handle losing another.

@Mal was right beside her, and Lie was still unsure about this young man. On the walk she had time to reflect on their previous conversation. On one hand she was grateful that @Zephyr had found someone to look out for them, but on the other he had also stood in her way. She gave a shake trying to dispel her negative emotions, she had to focus on Zephyr first and foremost.
1/5
5/5
~ i haven't played that song since my wife died ~
lie can be pp'd by anyone listed as family on her profile

"common", "french" 1/5 posts
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Mal had plenty of his own reservations about Rosalie. Probably something to do with mothers in general. Bad experiences. Not that he exactly had many to start. All he knew wouldn't be too stoked if it was his own family... But maybe Zeph's was different.

They were nearing where Zeph and Kratos were staying, and at this point he kind of needed to figure out how to approach this whole mess more in detail, didn't he? So he looked over, Let me go up and talk to him real quick first. Just tell him what I told you and stuff. He didn't want to have to like.. Actually block her if she was gonna go busting on forward and ignore him but he was sort of expecting some sort of irrational response or something. What exactly? No clue. Chicks were weird, and older ones were weirder. He looked for some sort of agreement.

Assuming she did, Mal stepped forward and called out, Yo, Zeph? At that point Mal stepped forward at a faster clip to look for him, one ear pointed at Rosalie just in case she decided to not wait for the necessary ten seconds. Find Zeph, give him a heads up. Just a little "hey, your mom is here," kind of thing. And that he was gonna have to figure out how to best mention Kratos because Mal couldn't find a good way to do so.
thoughts, they are like restless beasts in my head
time, it slowly kills me in my cold bed
· TW gore/yell
266 Posts
Ooc — mista
Possibly just a cameo? Idk, skip if need be/not addressed.

Right now, Kratos can’t move much—so he lingers. The restless itch just about slaughters him where he lays, and he’s only fortunate that Zephyr’s company makes it a little less shitty. His back kills. Often times, he wants to move anyway, so he does, until the injury reopens and then he regrets it all over.
He’s dozing, staring off at no particular thing when he hears fast footfalls nearing. Kratos sits up, about to get all guardsmen on whoever is coming near them when he notices just who it is. No word nor greeting is shifted in his direction, just a beckon for Zephyr. In which Kratos responds with a snort and slides back down into his resting position.
Zephyr, at least, is on his feet. He can't stand for long yet, still hindered by how thoroughly the dark stranger had chewed his leg, but he's far too restless to stay in his metaphorical sickbed for much longer.
He's pacing when Mal's voice reaches him, steps slow and shaky. His gaze finds Kratos first, a frown tugging at his features when he sits up — but his mate is already laying back down with a snort before he can say anything. So he turns his attention to Mal, head tilting questioningly as he moves to meet the leader. What's up? He asks, gaze sliding past him to focus on the (I'm assuming) slightly more distant figure behind him. Who is — The familiarity hits him like a ton of a bricks, and he cuts off abruptly, eyes widening slightly. He knows already that this is a significant meeting, though he still hasn't fully recognized his mother — but he can't bring himself to move or speak more. All he can do is wait for Mal to explain.
common || « french »
~ the outsider ~
183 Posts
Ooc —

She was almost their! Just a few more steps. Her breath caught in her chest as Mal stepped in front of her and explained his desire to speak with Zeph first. Stunned by the dismissal but understanding of the shock this might have on her daughter child. Her eyes slipped closed and her head dropped, a subtle nod, agreeing to wait until called. A silent tear slipped along her cheek, she needed permission to visit Zephyr.

Refusing to let self-pity cloud what could be a glorious occasion, Lie shook herself off, and took a deep breath. Raising her head, she tried to peer into the den, but unable to hear what they were saying. And finally, Zephyr looked down at her, and Lie couldn’t contain her tears. A soft, saddened smile raised the corners of her lips; her chin quivered with the torrent of emotions. Her excitement catching her she took one tiny step forward, almost as a stumble, but she stopped herself from more. Listening to Mal’s concession.
1/5
5/5
~ i haven't played that song since my wife died ~
lie can be pp'd by anyone listed as family on her profile

"common", "french" 1/5 posts
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
If he talked to Rosalie later about it, he probably would admit it wasn't really fair to her. But honestly, with the way things were, it wasn't going to be fair to someone, just a matter of a coin flip to figure out who. But as the one who had always seemed to be abandoned, Mal was quicker to side with the younger wolves -- there was less they could do to change things.

Mal of course had no idea what at all Zephyr's family life had looked like before it all blew apart. He assumed it was something normal in arrangement.. But Zeph had made it sound like his family pretty much hated him or something. It was why Mal hadn't pushed Zeph for his history and why he had kept quiet to Rosalie, Your mom was looking for you. I told her you were hurt, but not much more than that. I didn't know if you wanted family other than your brother to know anything at all about your life now or not. He'd shifted his eyes to Kratos then, so Rosalie couldn't tell what Mal was trying to say silently to them both, Even the good parts. Back to Zeph, So I'm leaving it all up to you. Whatever you want to say, including if you want her to stay, if that's what she wants to do. Okay? He sort of stepped to the side then, but not too far at this point. He looked back to Rosalie. Mal had said all he thought he needed to.

If Zeph didn't totally revolt at her presence then and there, Mal would back up a few more steps eventually, as it wasn't his space to be in right now.
· TW gore/yell
266 Posts
Ooc — mista
He is content to rest and listen to the droning voice of their Boss—pale gold eyes blinking close. But it is the tension that rears that gets Kratos from at ease to on guard once more. The way his mate reacts has him getting to his feet, trudging with little regard for himself to halt at the silver’s side.
A low grumble starts in his throat, seeking what has distressed Zephyr so, and landing upon the woman in the distance. A bark of question dies in his throat as Mal is swift to explain; and it leaves Kratos a mixture of pleased Mal cares for his packmates more than he does random strangers and pissed at the true ghost that landed on their doorstep.
It isn’t his call, and for once he shackles himself with a glance towards Zephyr for his decision, because he would run off Rosalie even injured as he is, if it is for him.
yall i am so sorry for the wait on this. it can probably be wrapped up in the next round unless yall wanna continue without rosalie and zeph <3
The words don't quite register at first, and he stares for several more moments after Mal finishes speaking. When it finally sinks in, his first thought is of Alessia, who is meant to be dead, and a faint shudder runs through him as he imagines facing her spectre. He never could handle the painfully apparent lack of affection in those blood-red eyes — on the rare occasions she'd been able to look at him for more than a moment.
But the wolf lingering past Mal isn't dark, and her eyes aren't red. This is a different ghost from his past, one he'd thought was long behind him. His gaze flicks between Mal and Rosalie, expression flat, and he finally speaks. I'd like to speak to her alone, please, He looks to Kratos briefly as he says it, then back to Mal. You guys can wait here. He moves past the leader without waiting for an answer, feeling oddly numb and unreal; as if it's all a dream. He beckons with his muzzle for Rosalie to follow, acting with a confidence he doesn't really feel. His only other option is to let Mal and Kratos see how much this moment is breaking him, and he can't do that. Not after the weakness he'd shown with his conflict with Kratos, and then with his injuries and the subsequent infection. He needs to control himself, at least while the others are around, and prove that there is some strength in him.
common || « french »
· TW gore/yell
266 Posts
Ooc — mista
Tail tip twitches in irritation, the hound is more so thrown off guard by the silver’s reaction. Instead of sending him a signal to rip asunder, there is a quiet that befalls them as Zephyr asks for time alone—“please”.
Kratos snorts, fur prickling along his spine as the red male turns away.  He won’t linger alongside Mal, but he’ll remain close enough that he could keep an eye on his mate.
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Okay, he hadn't expected that. He'd expected this to be very quick -- an abrupt, yeah she can stay or no, get rid of her. Why was it something that needed discussion? Well, look, Mal didn't exactly have that kind of experience. It either was or wasn't. End of story.

But whatever. He sort of shrugged a shoulder, Okay. Well, let me know what you decide. I won't be too far. That was the main part of it, wasn't it? Kratos definitely seemed to be lingering around, but Mal thought that would be too awkward for him to do the same. He headed the opposite direction as Zephyr and Rosalie, going a handfull of yards away to investigate some of the burrows littered around the forest. His dappled pelt could still be seen between the trees, well within earshot if they gave a shout, but at least he wasn't like.. creeping on them. He did look back over occasionally just to make sure nothing seemed amiss. 

Turned out in the end that Rosalie wasn't going to get chased off -- but Mal did have to wonder just what might have been discussed, what Zephyr might have thought of it. Mal likely wouldn't ever be told.