Nova Peak i'm usher, you're bieber.
232 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
All Welcome 
hi i brought yami back

Yami couldn't even hope to, at this point, count just how many times a failure she was. What round were they even on in this whole forming-a-pack thing? Three? A billion? What the fuck did it even matter. Once again, the Ostrega was crawling to back to her friend without a single follower in her wake. She felt embarrassed, and frustrated as hell. But also, somehow, relieved. She had accepted that she super duper sucked at this for one, but for another... She was beginning to accept something else. Something she wasn't ready to name, but something that was... okay.

And that is my description for why Yami Ostrega had returned to the Wilds. You're welcome.

For as terrible as she was as recruiting pack mates, Yami was rather good at finding her way. She'd recognized her surroundings the moment she'd stepped foot in the Wilds, and a brief gathering of her bearings had shown her just what direction to go next. It wasn't guaranteed that @Kiwi would be creeping across the mountain they had intended to claim at that very moment, but it was her best bet for running into her. So, it was to Nova Peak she went, with her heart hammering with eagerness in her chest each step of the way. Yami was done feeling alone, and she had long ago learned who it was she needed to turn to when she yearned for companionship.
565 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
You better fuckin believe Kiwi was stalking her mountain. Because she needs to be for me to claim this thread.

She didn't recognize Yami immediately.  When the wolf first appeared in her range of vision, Kiwi immediately made a beeline for her.  It wasn't until she got close enough, tail and head high, that she dropped all appearances out of sheer surprise.

Yami!? She broke out in a grin, and for the first time in a long time, she wasn't at all concerned with the image she presented.  You're back!!!!  Then she was charging forward to meet her.
Kiwi will internalize lies and twist things to her benefit until this becomes her reality.  Her thoughts are not my own <3
232 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
There was no mistaking the voice that called out her name. At least, not for Yami. Relief and excitement warmed her heart as she spun and her eyes landed on the small, fire-cloaked form that was darting towards her.

"Kiwi!" she barked just before she picked up her own paws and rushed to meet her. At last. "You're here!!"
565 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Kiwi crashed into her friend with an enthusiastic hug, then wasted no time in making sure everything was as it should be.  If anyone had dared mess with her while she was out representing.... 

Yeah, of course!! We even have a few new members, but still a ways to go.  Oh my god, finally though! she pressed her shoulder and head into the other affectionately, then pulled back, a little flushed.

How'd it go!?  She wanted to hear everything that her trusty second had to say.  Oh my god it was going to be so awesome to have her back.  She'd been excited for Skairipa before, but now was absolutely wired for it.
Kiwi will internalize lies and twist things to her benefit until this becomes her reality.  Her thoughts are not my own <3
232 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Yami laughed as Kiwi crashed into her, warmth flooding her veins. She suddenly felt right again--as though there was a Yami-shaped hole in the world that she'd been outside of until that very moment. She took the briefest of moments to breathe in her friend's scent and let that feeling of belonging and home fully encompass her before smashing those feelings back beneath the rock she kept them buried under. She was just happy to hang out with her friend again. Who gave a fuck about all that deep, meaningful shit.

"Nice!" she proclaimed, happy to hear that at least one of them had been successful. She felt heat rise in her again at the touch Kiwi gave her, but again pressed it back. Yami had at least come away with a tale to tell, if no followers, and she was eager to share it seeing as it bordered on gossip-y and she so loved to gossip.

"Well, I might've fucked up on the recruiting thing," Yami said with a shrug, unperturbed by her failure even though it would likely come as a disappointment to Kiwi, at least until she knew the story. "I had a couple of wolves on the hook for a while--a brother and sister duo. They traveled with me for a couple of weeks until it became clear the brother was just in it to try and bang me," she continued, rolling her eyes a little, "He got aggressive when I finally shot him down and then took off. His sister helped to get him off me, but eventually she went after him. Some bullshit about family loyalty. Like what he tried to do was somehow forgiven just because they shared blood. It was fucked up."

Yami shook her head. It wasn't exactly a pleasant memory--she had been rather terrified. But fear had made her fierce, and she'd gotten away before anything real bad had happened. Still, it once again affirmed for her that men were worthless assholes, and apparently the capacity for women to be absolute fools extended beyond just being morons for romantic love.
565 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Fortunately for Yami, she was in.  And being in with Kiwi meant that dumb things like not successfully recruiting didn't mean much, so long as they were still friends and Yami was still willing to try.  It was funny that Kiwi's standards varied so widely, not only by individual, but also by task.  And, as she heard the story, Kiwi knew she'd have been way more upset if Yami'd kept these two than she was by the news of them leaving.  Ugh, honestly??

What a wierdo, Kiwi exclaimed, her tone dripping with righteous scorn.  It was just like a boy to assume he was worth Yami's time, and good on her for seeing through that mess.  We're waaaay better off without that, she'll find out later that family like that just lets you down.  There was a note of denial in that when she thought of one individual; Wildfire.  But no, even her mom had ended up dead, letting her down in the biggest way possible.  Blood family sucked.  Chosen family was where it was at, and Skairipa was going to be amazing.

That's seriously fucked up.  Do you want to, like, go find him and fuck his shit up?  She asked, clearly willing.  If he wasn't worth it, cool, but the offer was definitely on the table.  The image of her friend having to deal with that did not sit well with the Queen to be.
232 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Yami nodded in agreement. Her own blood family had never done anything but make her feel like she wasn't good enough, like she had something to prove in order to earn their affection. It was the only way she knew, and yet she was certain that wasn't the way it was supposed to be. Once more, the good memories--the ones that tried to show her she'd been wrong, that they weren't all like that--tried to invade her mind, but she drove them away. They weren't welcome.

Oddly, she did feel a pang of disappointment that Kiwi wasn't more indignant on her behalf. Maybe she hadn't struck quite the right note. Then again, why did she want her friend to be jealous anyway? "He was cool for a while," Yami said with a shrug, "I had fun flirting with him until he took it too far and... did what he did." She shook her head as though to brush it away before she continued.

"But anyway, I got some good hits in before he took off. Pretty sure that chunk I took out of his ear won't be growing back," she grinned.
565 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Yami brushed off the question, but what she added made Kiwi all the more eager.  At least tell me what he looks like.  That way if he ever comes around again... Well, she could test the theory that girls were smarter due to lacking in certain... areas.  Sounded like he deserved it.

I'm glad you're ok.  You are, yeah?  She seemed like it, but Kiwi felt for some awkward reason like she should ask.  It was nice to hear he at least was missing a chunk of ear.  That was a detail she committed to memory, and woe to any guys with tattered ears who might cross her path.
232 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Kiwi insisted on being told what ...have I named him yet..? Uhh. How about Jax. Kiwi insisted on being told what Jax looked like, which was somewhat appeasing. It didn't exactly ring of jealousy--just protectiveness for what was Kiwi's. But, that was good enough in its own way. Yami shrugged again. 

"Black fur, brown eyes," she answered, "Bit bulky, quite muscular, and tall." Yami felt an uncomfortable squirm in her stomach at the thought of him. He'd been rather handsome. She'd been pretty taken with him for a time, but he'd reminded her of Firefly, and thus any real desire had been twisted. Still, the fact that there'd been a time that she had wanted him, and then he'd... Well, it was too complicated, too miserable to really allow herself to dwell on.

She'd nearly missed the question in her reverie. Yami blinked up at her friend, realizing quite suddenly that she'd be lying if she said she was. And also, that she wasn't not okay by some desire for Kiwi's attention either. She truly wasn't all that okay. Yami shook her head lightly and found a smile to share. "I am," she said, "And if I'm not totally, then I will be."

Yami suddenly wanted to move away from the topic, as far as she could. So, she took the opportunity to redirect it. "So what about these members?" she asked, "They worth anything?"
565 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Kiwi noted the description and now her list was one wolf longer.  If she saw him, he'd rue the day, and same if his bitch of a sister was with him.  Guilt by association condemned her.

Fuck yes you are.  You're here now.  Kiwi stated, and like that it was true.  Obviously Yami would be fine now, nothing could be wrong so long as she ran with Kiwi.

The subject change made Kiwi smirk and roll her eyes a bit.  One of them yeah, the other not so much.  You have to see this girl, the way she talks is terrible.  Kiwi snickered as she tried to imitate it.   Aerashaaa, heeeyyyyy.  It's awful.  But Enkhtuya is pretty alright, and Aerasha or whatever will be fun to test out.  See if she's worth a spot.  Kiwi smiled deviously, sure Yami would be in on the plan to trial run her.[/i]
232 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Yami's smile grew at Kiwi's vehemence. She found it easier to believe she would be okay when her friend did so adamantly. Yami was very good at pretending she was strong and brimming with confidence. It was typically a front to hide how terribly insecure she truly was. But Kiwi's confidence had always boulstered hers. This feeling she had now, she had missed it when they'd been apart.

Yami quirked a brow as Kiwi went on to describe their packmates. She scowled at what she heard, but eventually grinned as she caught onto the joke. "Hmm... I'm thinking battle ground," she said promptly, lifting her chin with a little smirk, "She can fight each of the pack members in turn, ending with a 2:1 fight against both you and me."
565 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Kiwi felt a weird thrum as Yami described her plan.... it was absolutely genius.  Terrible, but about the best thing she'd heard in a while.  While Yami was thinking about what she'd been missing, Kiwi was doing the same.

That is so good!  Yes!  I bet she can't even fight.  She is so going to lose, terribly!  Kiwi gave a little cackle of a laugh, then grinned.  We make an awesome team, you're good to be my Advisor, yeah?  She was her second, and while she'd wondered if Yami might want to be Herald instead, she liked the idea of her here more than not.  Advisor totally made sense.  She couldn't take advice from Enkhtuya!? Ugh.
232 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Yami laughed appreciatively at Kiwi's response. She knew her friend was always down to have some fun, even if (or especially when--no judgment) it was at the expense of others. It was one of the many things she appreciated about her.

"Of course," Yami agreed immediately, not really noting the gravity of the request (if there really was any), "Clearly you need my brilliance. What were you going to do with her?" She quirked a brow, actually curious to know what Kiwi's ideas had been.
565 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
I got to the fighting part but definitely didn't think of the two on one.  That was why she needed Yami's brilliance.  She'd be fine on her own, but even she could admit that sometimes creativity needed more than one head.  I need to think of a task for her.  I already have the perfect one for Enkhtuya.  She grinned a little wickedly.  I'm going to send her to check out the Firebirds.
232 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
As expected, fighting had been part of Kiwi's plan. Yami grinned at this, pleased that she knew her friend so well. The latter part of the commentary did make her pause, though. Kiwi wanted to send her to the Firebirds? But why?

It wasn't that she had any concern for Enk...whatsits well being. She did suspect that pack would be pretty pissed at Kiwi and her pack for what had happened with that one guy, so anyone that went knocking on their door was likely in for some trouble. It was that Kiwi cared at all. At least, this suggested she cared. Maybe she just wanted to taunt them with the memory by sending someone from Skairipa to act as a reminder to what had transpired. Yami could understand that, but she didn't like to think that Kiwi would antagonize them needlessly. That could very well mean retaliation, in which case they might be in danger.

Kiwi might be in danger.

"Damn, you must really hate her," Yami commented with a light laugh, trying to keep things chill, "What do you want to check on them for, though? Just to screw with her? Or with them?" She shrugged, trying not to let on that she was concerned.
565 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Kiwi shook her head, but she laughed at the joke.  No, I told her to definitely not let them know who she runs with.  I think she's a good liar, so they shouldn't suspect a thing.  They're pretty stupid when it comes to trusting.  She smirked, then thought about the question.

I'm curious, she shrugged.  And I kind of want to know what it's like down there.  If he's still in charge then I gotta steer clear.  If not, then maybe everything's fine. She had no reason to ever really want to go down there, but information was important.

Besides, it made a pretty wicked test, right?!  She was pretty proud of that one.  It had needed to be a good one, if it was going to result in the girl becoming her third.
232 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Yami listened thoughtfully as Kiwi explained her reasoning, smirking at her comments about the Firebirds and their packmate. She wondered if the Firebirds were actually still as trusting as they had been when they'd met Kiwi at the borders that day when she'd been attacked and nearly killed. Were she part of that pack, she certainly would've learned not to be so trusting. She'd already learned wariness, though. Having a family that couldn't be trusted would do that.

"I'd be impressed if she pulled it off," she said with a shrug. She still didn't like that Kiwi cared, especially the part where her friend thought there might be a future where she'd be able to go visit the Firebirds without repercussion (at least, that was how she'd interpreted that comment). But, she was hopeful nothing would really come of it. If they were lucky, the girl would fail and they'd be free to continue on just the two of them.
565 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Kiwi would be a little impressed, maybe.  But then again, how hard was it to lie to a pack and pretend you were a loner?  It was actually a pretty easy job, but maybe she'd go above and beyond and bring back something else.  A recruit, information, something useful.

C'mon! I want to show you this cave I found!  Kiwi grinned at her friend and bounded off towards the mountain, elated.  Now things were perfect!

wrap with yours? We can have anotherrrr soon!
232 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
The topic fizzled out after that and Yami wasn't at all unhappy to let it go. She didn't like the thought of them having anything to do with the Firebirds anymore, though she would never have said so to Kiwi. She knew her friend well enough to know she was going to do whatever she damn well pleased. It wasn't worth the argument. Not yet anyway.

A smile broke across her muzzle as Kiwi announced their next activity and sped away. She hesitated following her for a moment, simply watching her go and letting warmth and affection surround her. It was wonderful to be back and as Yami raced off after her friend, she knew perfectly well that it wasn't the mountain that made her feel home again.