Great Bear Wilderness oh, yeah.
nothing in life is to be feared,
it is only to be understood.
857 Posts
Ooc — nami
All Welcome 
Something tempting lingered nearby. While unable to distinguish its exact genus, Ying knew that it would be worthwhile. She stalked quietly through the brush which lined the Glen and wandered into the open.

She prepared herself for the attack. Wagging her hindquarters and focusing her eyes, Ying leapt forward with aims for @Astaroth's flank.
[ hover for translations ]
sequoia coast · open for threads (3/5)
387 Posts
Ooc —
he thought he'd been the one doing the hunting, not the other way around. his attention had been set on a pair of rabbits when she'd sprung her attack on him, his eyes widening as she leapt for his side.

"woah, wo-" was all he managed to get out before he scrambled backwards and ended up tripping over his own legs. not a moment later and he was back on his feet, slightly embarrassed but ready to rumble nonetheless. and so it was with a playful growl in his chest that he sprung forward with a paw aiming for her shoulder, a mischievous smirk wide across his features.
available for threads
available for sprees
857 Posts
Ooc — nami
Their relationship had developed past the point of humility. Ying did not attempt to hide her laughter, feeling completely unashamed by how hilarious she thought she situation was.

Having been taken aback by her own humor, she missed Astaroth's counter "attack". Ouch! Ying called out through the giggles. She matched his rumble with one of her own and leapt forward, hoping to grip onto his guard hairs.
387 Posts
Ooc —
if not for the layer of fur, one would have been able to see the blush upon his cheeks at the realization of how weak his strike had been. flustered at his own assult, he just barely had time to register her counter attack before he felt her aim strike true.

immediately he began to wiggle backwards, hoping to somehow free himself from her hold. should that not work after a minute or two, he'd aim to throw his weight against hers in an attempt to send them both tumbling to the ground.
available for threads
available for sprees
857 Posts
Ooc — nami
Astaroth's attempt to escape was semi-successful. His writhing body prompted her to release, though she quickly moved to regain her grip. A moment later, they were both on the ground, Ying shamefully pinned beneath her playmate.

She didn't have an idea of how to break free. For the sake of continuing their game, Ying snaked her hindlegs toward her chest and used them to press against Astaroth, hoping he might be prompted to move.
387 Posts
Ooc —
"pinned ya!" he exclaimed, tail proudly waving behind him as he looked down at the now trapped ying. mischievously he stuck out his tongue and squeezed shut his eyes, a childish expression he used to tease the adults with whenever he got in trouble as a child.

he stayed like that for a moment or two before her prodding encouraged him to move, which he did. carefully he moved himself to mimic her position so that he might be laying on his back beside her, his attention now set on the cloudless sky above them.
available for threads
available for sprees
857 Posts
Ooc — nami
Whatever. She watched him roll away, her chest heaving with each subsequent inhale. Similarly, Ying settled onto her side and began to prod at his cheek with her snout. 

Astaroth's company was unique; unlike the others, he didn't (openly) expect anything. He allowed her to exist, and for him, she did the same. Ying enjoyed being around him, if only for the simplicity.

Would they have to stop seeing one another? Assuming her partner had been found, would Ying have to abandon...this? She scoffed, wondering what this even meant. You are a bad fighter, she whispered, settling into the comfort.
387 Posts
Ooc —
it was difficult to keep his attention on anything but ying when he had a pale snout poking at the side of his cheek. slowly, he let his eyes roll to the side so that he might watch her nudge at him over and over and over.

playfully, he swung his tail in her direction, hoping he might smack it against her side. "i'm more of a lover than a fighter" he let out, the proof evident in his scarless coat. fighting for any reason other than what was absolutely necessary was unimportant to him. he'd much rather just get along with everyone and have fun instead.
available for threads
available for sprees
857 Posts
Ooc — nami
She rolled her eyes and turned back over, snapping downward at his lashing tail. Smiling, she replied, Obviously. An earlier conversation came to mind, and Ying couldn't help but wonder who else he had been with. The thought pained her, though she knew it was a baseless concern.

Looking at Astaroth, she wondered aloud, What you been doing? It hadn't been long since their last encounter, and since he'd stayed in the area, she figured it wasn't much. Ying resumed her playful antics and leapt in his direction.
387 Posts
Ooc —
he let out a chuckle at her response before he quickly whisked his tail away in the opposite direction of her teeth. "been asking around about that volcano" he let out just before he turned to his side and gently blew some air in her direction.

a general location as to where it might lie would certainly help, though so far he hadn't gotten much insight. "what about you?" he wondered as she leapt in his direction, legs braced and muscled tense as he prepared to take on the full force of her attack.
available for threads
available for sprees
857 Posts
Ooc — nami
Childlike and innocent, seeking not to harm. She settled atop his belly, paws pressing into the cavities between chest and shoulder. Ying looked down at him, her head tilted curiously to the side as she thought about her answer. 

Hunting enemies, the warrior whispered. She grinned and looked around, as though checking for nearby adversaries. Be careful here. There are bad things happening. Her expression fell to something more serious as she shared this warning.
387 Posts
Ooc —
he relaxed as she came to rest atop him, his snout reaching up to poke at the bottom of her chin. "oh?" he let out with a tilt of his head, his mouth forming an 'o' at learning she'd been hunting her enemies.

it was hard to imagine her with enemies given he'd only seen the best side of her so far. "like what" he wondered aloud after she revealed there were bad things happening, his mind wandering with the ideas of what terrible things could possibly be going on.
available for threads
available for sprees
857 Posts
Ooc — nami
Attacks. There had been two reports of misconduct, both within the wilderness which Astaroth seemed to roam. You say you are not a fighter, so be careful. 

It would be unfortunate to lose a friend under such unsavory consequences. Ying hoped that their force would be able to track down the offenders before anyone else was hurt, but she knew that this might not be the case.

She bared her teeth at Astaroth, though only for a moment. I will be your watcher, because you are helpless.
387 Posts
Ooc —
a fighter he most certainly was not, but helpless? "you'll protect me?" he asked, ears cupped forward as he pulled up a paw to place on her chest. "that's hot" he let out with a smirk, tail swaying lazily as he looked up to meet her gaze.

he'd keep an eye out for these attacks, but overall remained unworried. if he couldn't fight them, he'd outrun them. "you be careful too, even fighters fall sometimes."
available for threads
available for sprees
857 Posts
Ooc — nami
Smiling, she stepped away from Astaroth and settled a short distance away. You want to wander forever? she asked, It is safer to stay with others. He could not be faulted for his wanderlust. Ying held the same interest in the unknown, and thought that it was one of his more attractive attributes.

Still, the guardian thought that she would be more comfortable knowing he was safe. You can come home with me, if you ever feel alone. Ying wouldn't press any further, but wanted to extend the invitation.
387 Posts
Ooc —
"not forever", he'd be a fool to think his body could keep up with his adventurous nature till the end of time. "but i want to see the world while i can. before i have a family and responsibilities that keep me in one place".

"i will visit though..." he let as he rolled to his stomach, lips parting to speak once more "...as long as you promise to go on more adventures with me". ying's company was enjoyable, and he felt a sense of fascination when by her side.
available for threads
available for sprees
857 Posts
Ooc — nami
There were some nights where Ying wished for the same. She dreamt of what it would have been like to be born a common girl, without the constraints and expectations of her culture. Even as an adult, she was still held by the bonds of her past.

Ying looked to Astaroth with a sunken expression. There was something that they needed to discuss, though she wasn't excited for the conversation. 

This year, someone is going to mate with me. She would not be young forever, and knew that it was best to begin now. A friend picks him for me. I do not know him, but it will be soon.

Ying's eyes dragged over the frame of her lover, longing for another touch. We can still be friends, and go on adventures. Just not the same way.
387 Posts
Ooc —
he knew at some point it would end, though a part of him selfishly wished it would not. "you have a curious way of choosing a mate" he thought aloud, not bothering to hide the twinge of sadness in his tone.

quietly, he pulled himself upright before moving in her direction, aiming to place his forehead against her own should she allow it. "i will miss this, when it ends" he admitted as he sucked in a breath, content to enjoy her touch for as long as she would let him.
available for threads
available for sprees
857 Posts
Ooc — nami
Astaroth. He would have been the ideal option, but Ying wasn't selfish enough to ask. He was young, had plans, and she would have been wrong to coerce him away. She relaxed against his touch, enjoying the momentary quiet.

Maybe, she quietly mused, when you are old and see the whole world already, then we can do it again. Ying wasn't expecting much from her coming partnership, but knew that it wouldn't compare.
387 Posts
Ooc —
he let out a soft chuckle at her words. "i will not be pretty when i am old" he warned, knowing full well that his youthfulness would not last forever. he imagined ying would hold onto that fire within her no matter how much her bones would ache in her later years.

"but i would like that" he finally let out after releasing a sigh he'd been holding in. they would each live out their life as they saw fit, and if he could do so as her friend, then that was good enough.
available for threads
available for sprees
857 Posts
Ooc — nami
Maybe you will still be funny. She pulled away from him for a moment, if only to hold his gaze. Then, Ying settled onto the ground and nodded for him to do the same, a silent invitation for the pair to share one another's company, for whatever time they had left.
387 Posts
Ooc —
100th post for you <3! want to fade here or?

"god, i hope so" he let out as she pulled away, the warmth of her touch still lingering along his skin. he hoped that whatever decisions she made for her future would at least make her happy, for he did not wish for a world were she was any less cheerful than she had been today.

slowly he followed, mimicking her position before shifting his weight slightly so that he might lean against her. ying had become something no one else had, and for the first time since he'd left his home behind, astaroth worried for what the future would bring.
available for threads
available for sprees