Sunset Valley I don't know who Al Gore is and at this point, I'm too afraid to ask
88 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
All Welcome 
What a blast from the freakin' past!

Well, not really. Timberlake had only ventured well outside Morningside's stomping grounds just once, and that was with Eventide, like, a billion years ago. This place might've not even been somewhere they went through. And yet, the ever-positive Sameth young man was full of hope.

Who better to volunteer for the task of checking up on the family down south? Round Valley sure was fun, and he missed the snot out of Bella already, but it was long past time for another adventure. Home would always be there.

The massive chocolate wolf, fur midwinter thick, trekked the still-snowed over landscape. The constant smile was in his eyes and upon his open jaws, pink tongue lolling happily. He wondered who he would encounter first. Sunspot seemed to suggest that there were a lot of them still down here.

Mom? he thought, and felt his heart skip a beat. Or his wayward siblings— It was almost too much to bear, thinking of that reunion.

Better to stumble upon them by chance.
sun-kissed
124 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Uriel felt so tired recently, so exhausted from trying so hard. Luring the foxes and badgers that may be around the woods, trying to ward of any unwanted wolves.. Yet she also need them, a dilemma that was hard to solve. She needed to protect the claim that she wished to stake, yet at the same time needed wolves to come near so she can actually form this so-called group.. Only four wolves, including herself. Not enough- not even enough to make it known she was there. All there was, was by the ear of others.

So she took a break, feeling that the lioness was being especially hard on herself. A breather, really. Only stepping out just beyond the border and into the snowy valley. Though it seemed another thought the same, as held a goofy smile that made Uriel chuckle a small laugh, as the lad looked like he was just a overlarge puppy, "Hello there," the woman greeted, "you seem happy."

88 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
You seem happy.

Timberlake cocked his head at the golden woman, smile broadening at her assumption. I am happy, he responded, tail doing its involuntary shimmy. I'm on a very important mission.

He observed her closer, noting her appearance, her demeanor. He knew that so far from home, all strangers ought to be regarded with a good dollop of wariness. Still, Timberlake couldn't help but be excited to see another lupine face. 

And you? he asked, chin tilting further to the side. What brings you out here?
sun-kissed
124 Posts
Ooc —
Away
"Oh," the girl chuckled more, "what kind of mission?" She wished for more wolves to be like him, happy and carefree. Though Uriel shouldn't say that, as his mission could be more serious then how he presented himself.

"A stroll, from my land," just a break.. A small one before retreating backwards to work. The valley was beautiful, to breathe the fresh air, "I am Uriel of Skyward, who is in The Bracken Woods," she introduced herself. Though the lioness started to feel a lodge in her throat with each greeting, fearing more and more the claim she wished was going further away.. There was fear and doubt, but she kept a smile.

88 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
I'm looking for family that lives around here, he responded easily, grinning. His eyes drifted slightly, as if expecting them to pop up from behind— Well, what? A rock? A particularly large tuft of grass? There was really nothing out here to hide behind.

His gaze returned to the woman's, and he nodded as she introduced herself. Timberlake, of Round Valley, he replied in kind. He dipped his muzzle toward the dark mass of trees at the edge of the open land. Is that the Bracken Woods? I thought about traveling through there, but it looked too dark and twisted. I decided to go around instead—apparently I made the right choice.

Timberlake gave her a sheepish smile. It might be a different interaction altogether if it turned out he had trespassed on her land. Luckily, things seemed to be well between him and the now-named stranger.
sun-kissed
124 Posts
Ooc —
Away
"What are there names? Perhaps I have seen them." She had met a fair share of wolves while around the parts, some not as nice, but still knew a few names. She found it interesting how large some lineage was, and how some are proud of it. Nigaq seemed to be one of them, and while unaware who the Apaata's were, they seemed someone important.

"Ah, yes it is." She nodded with a weary smile, "it's nicer once you explore it more. You're welcome to visit." Uriel supposed it wasn't the nicest area to look at from afar, occasionally carrying a hood of a dark veil.. However nicer upon getting within, various of life was held in and beautiful clearings. 

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Timberlake," the lioness said with a more cheery smile.

88 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
He chuckled ruefully. Okay, are you ready? It's a lot of names, Timberlake joked. Let's see. . .Pema, Padma, Radcliffe, Meadow, Dawn, Sunny, uh. . .Lavender, Easy, Dauntless, Winterbourne. Any of those sound familiar? It was a longshot (and that was if she could even remember the barrage of information) but it was worth a shot.

The yearling gave a soft hum in contemplation as Uriel explained that the woods were not so difficult to traverse as he had thought. Maybe I'll take you up on that on the way back home, he said cheerfully. It would be nice to explore somewhere new.

He wondered how many wolves were in her pack. There weren't a whole lot of scents clinging to her, but maybe she had been traveling, too. . .?
sun-kissed
124 Posts
Ooc —
Away
"Oh," he had a lot of relatives, "that's quite a lot. Though I do recognize one." How fate was delightful in that way, making the world small enough where eventually she would meet a relative of that wolf, "Dawn is the Alpha of Whitebark Stream. Perhaps she is the one you are looking for." The name was common so she couldn't be sure if it was the same wolf, but at least she was able to mention it.

"The rest i'm afraid I do not know." Maybe another day, Uriel would see the rest and direct them toward the young Timberlake.

88 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
His eyes widened as she spoke, his mouth eventually twisting into an even larger grin. Wow, that's great! he exclaimed. Alpha. . .wow. Whitebark Stream—where is that? If Uriel knew Dawn (he was so excited that he wasn't really considering the prospect of this not being his Dawn) it couldn't be too far away, right? He was on the correct path, so it seemed.

Her lack of knowledge of everyone else was a sting that paled in comparison to the joy of potentially finding Dawn. The rest would turn up, right? He was too grateful to Uriel in this moment to be all that sad about not having any more leads.
sun-kissed
124 Posts
Ooc —
Away
"South, I believe." The lioness did not know the exact whereabouts of the claim, but she knew it was south. Very close to Pheonix Maplewoods, it almost brought a negative face to Uriel, but she refrained. She was too close to making the borders nearly finalized to truly care anymore.. Though she couldn't help to still feel fustrated, bitter... Salty.

"I hope you find them," for now, she masked it with a friendly persona and smiled brightly to the young wolf.

88 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
South. He'd have to remember that. Timberlake was fairly good with directions, though landmarks helped. He would have done a jump for joy if he could read her mind regarding the maplewood; it would be so cool to see the place where he and his family had once stayed.

Instead, he was burning daylight just standing here—though time spent in conversation was never a waste. Thank you, he replied, grinning at Uriel. Good luck with your own pack. Maybe I will visit when I'm on my way home. He liked the woman, so there was a good chance that he would.

The young man gave her a small bow, the gesture only slightly awkward as he mulled over where to go next. Once she gave him some sign of farewell, he'd be on his way.
sun-kissed
124 Posts
Ooc —
Away
"Farewell," and she wouldn't hold him, "I hope you find the ones you are looking for." Uriel dipped him a goodbye, seeing as he had the desire to leave so much. She didn't feel offended, for she knew many wolves had a task, and didn't wish to be detered by that mission. So the lioness simply helped in a guidance, and bid the young one well. 

With that, she too would head back home.