Blacktail Deer Plateau there's something about your love that makes me weak
nothing in life is to be feared,
it is only to be understood.
857 Posts
Ooc — nami
All Welcome 
She dropped the two hares beside the border and walked several yards away. Hua and Hydra wouldn't have been pleased with her decision to visit Rusalka, but Ying knew that it had to be done. A short call was sounded for the leadership, followed quickly with a general summons.
[ hover for translations ]
sequoia coast · open for threads (3/5)
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
she was more attuned this time, and felt that her fertility had not waned. another fortnight before erzulie was certain, but she carried herself with a new careful satisfaction. two-toned eyes rose from her persual of various scents. since the shocking, bloody attack upon their borders, the woman was more wary, but she offered ying a tight, curious smile as she arrived to greet the younger woman.
[Image: F0ZZHqZ.png]
857 Posts
Ooc — nami
Hi, Erzulie She proudly searched the Beta's gaze to see if she had noticed her improved pronuncation. That is for Rusalka. Ying nodded toward the ignored hare and wondered if it might be moved before or after their meeting. A smile was turned to the woman as she continued to speak, I have a question. Do you know where I can find more fighters? Surely, Erzulie would need an explanation. Ying say on her haunches to await her response.
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
so focused she had been upon ying that erzulie had not noticed the limp body. now she nosed over its renewed form with a bite of hunger sounding in her gut alongside an alarm. "hello, ying," erzulie answered, a pleasant expression warming her face to hear the proper tones in their visitor's voice. "thank you."
the beta knew the number of rusalkans. she did not know that of ying's. why would the she-wolf wish more fighters? she owed the seawolf nothing, but wished peace in rusalka more than conflict. but she would not ask. that would only make her feel weak and appear ingratiating. too prideful, marie had said, and it was so.
"men come down from de mountains in search of women every year. dey are ready to fight. seek dem."
she paused, a dry humour entering her features despite inner misgivings. "an' if dey will not stay to be your fighters, use dem to breed your own."
857 Posts
Ooc — nami
Attracting enthusiastic males would not be a problem, but Ying was concerned that they would not stay. She was not desperate enough to use her own womb as bait. If I am a mother, the children will be fighters anyway. A small laugh, shared with an old companion. The pair had fought once before, and once in opposition; Erzulie knew that Ying was capable. 

She shook her head and returned to a neutral expression. I need fighters who can stay. I am making a — what had Hydra called it? — a group of fighters, for protecting things. Ying wanted to be known as a protector, as a guardian; she wanted wolves to fear scorning her sisters, if only because of her wrath.
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
"i believe dat!" erzulie concurred with a low laugh, choosing in this moment to enjoy ying's company as she had done before. 
ears cupped forward with intrigue at the sea-woman's explanation. a vanguard of fighters. guardians, as rosencrantz had become to rusalka.
"the taiga," and here she gestured with her muzzle. "it is not a forgiving place. dere may be what you seek." a blink. "it is a large task. but i see you are suited for it."
857 Posts
Ooc — nami
Erzulie's instruction came with an unfamiliar word. Ying opened her mouth to ask for clarification, but closed it immediately after, figuring that she could find out through someone else. She nodded her head and turned to leave — Thank you. — as it seemed their conversation had quickly reached its end. 

Ying stopped after a few steps and asked, When we are living here, do you talk to Hua? Her sisters' competency had been weighing heavy on her mind. She didn't doubt that they would be good leaders, but were the twins ready? Ying wasn't convinced, and thought that if anyone could be trusted to give unbiased information, it would be Erzulie. And Mei, do you talk to her?
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
their meeting had been short but comfortable, and erzulie already felt somewhat at ease even in light of the mysterious gathering somewhere off the coastline.
perhaps she would send a capable rusalkan to investigate, though there was no need for it now, and she inwardly refused to ask one of her brood.
"rosalyn knew dem better," the harlot answered, spiced ears flicking forward curiously. her interest was clear, but it was up to ying to signify she wished to speak more upon the subject.
857 Posts
Ooc — nami
Erzulie's non-answer and silent encouragement furthered Ying's interest. She considered leaving, but knew that her doubts would not be quieted by ignoring them. When can I see Rosalyn? she asked with a small grin. What was she hiding? There was something that had gone unsaid, some inner thought that Ying longed to hear. The guardian turned to fully face the Rusalkan once more, opening her mouth to say, Some important things about my sisters, I don't know yet.
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
"anytime you be wantin'," erzulie rejoined. her wife held no ill will toward the sisters, and while she herself was suspicious, the jezebel intended to follow the pirate's diplomatic lead. there were things that ying did not know about her kin. for the first time, erzulie wondered who truly led they and their wolves. "sometimes it is good to test others, to know what dey can do."
857 Posts
Ooc — nami
Like you test us? She wondered what Erzulie was implying. Ying had challenged her sisters' authority once, but could she do it again? Presently, it was impossible to predict how she might act. I will be honest, but only because you are still an old friend.

Her gaze was hard for a moment, soon softening to something less abrasive. Rarely was Ying so serious. I do not think Hua can lead what she is making. Bringing in foreigners with no promise? Allowing the family to remain stagnant, none of them working to the pack's benefit? Hua was not ready to lead.
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
a direct question. "yes," erzulie said simply, silent until ying had explained her reluctance around hua. "you cannot afford to have someone in leadership who will not make hard an' swift choices. dey will come. any hesitance will make you all look weak."
there was a time for diplomacy and a time for teeth. you must commit and stand by your choice. mintglow eyes watched her companion. "they look to you. they will always look to you."
857 Posts
Ooc — nami
They will always look to you; Ying clenched her jaw and looked away, off toward the sea. She didn't want to lead Yuèlóng, otherwise she might have properly challenged Hua during their initial meeting at the border. She knew that Erzulie was right, though. The pack was larger than just the three of them— their entire family was involved, and if the twins proved to be ineffective leaders, they would all reap the consequences. 

She didn't say anything else. A respectful nod was turned to the Beta, signifying her exit.
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
erzulie returned the gesture, and for a while long after ying had disappeared from view, the harlot stared in the direction of the sea, pensive.