The Bracken Woods never meant to cause you no pain
24 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Consistent border maintenance routines had drastically improved its condition. Nigaq was proud of her work, and was sure that @Uriel had noticed. She decided to spend the day resting from her weeks of labor, and so wandered toward a small creek to bask in the winter sunlight. Morning was newly upon them; its rise had just finished, bathing the land in warmth.
inuttut | english
sun-kissed
124 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Uriel definitely noticed the diligant worker. She appreciated the Apaata, whome was so like herself on preparing the borders, and working to the best. However, she was glad the other was taking a rest, she didn't want for a member of the ward she wished, to become overworked. That was her own duty, for now.

"You have done well," the lioness approached the resting Nigaq, and gave a warm smile with compliments, "I am glad you have settled here."

24 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Embarassed to have been caught away from her post, Nigaq quickly fell into submission. Yes, she replied, I will return to work immediately. Her body was sore from days of movement, but not sore enough to keep her from her duties. An apologetic gaze was turned to Uriel as she began to walk back toward the border, tail swishing in silent invitation.

I have secured the perimeter. There are some areas which need to be improved, but all with time. Nigaq tried to subdue her wincing, to ignore the aching of her joints. Uriel needed to know that she was the competent wolf she had promised herself to be.
inuttut | english
sun-kissed
124 Posts
Ooc —
Away
"You don't have to act around me- the goal of Skyward is unfication, not obediance." Uriel followed her companion, but mentioning she didn't wish for a submissive wolf. While it felt prideful to have a loyal canine beside the lioness, her vision did not want members simply following her every order like a warlord. She may call herself a Major on a future date, but it was only a title of the Alpha, and others may obstruct her choices if chosen so.

"You are dutiful," though that could also be a fault, "if you are feeling pain, you should talk to Hemlocke. Though i'm afraid to say the shadow is only found at night." Uriel didn't know if the other was feeling any sort of pains, but she had a hunch. She felt the same with travelling and overworking, and wouldn't wish the same upon Nigaq.

24 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
It isn't an act. Nigaq stopped walking and turned to Uriel so that she might see her sincerity. I enjoy working. She didn't like the feeling of idleness, of being useless. Any opportunity presented to her, wherein she might prove helpful, she was eager to take it. 

She turned back and continued walking until finally, they reached the border. Nigaq began their patrol with a set of short barks, a warning to anyone lurking nearby. This pain won't last forever. If she kept moving, the problem would eventually resolve itself...right?
inuttut | english
sun-kissed
124 Posts
Ooc —
Away
"Perhaps you can do a mission then." Uriel had some thoughts about other packs.. She wondered who else was around- she didn't wish to explore just beyond the mountains just yet, but to see who else was around these parts. There was the taiga, and the valley, the two the lioness desired to map out the most. She made a mistake in the beginning, and doesn't wish to do it again.

"Only when you are well, however. Pain goes away when you are on death's door." Morbid, but she chuckled, perhaps hinting that the other should take her weariness more seriously.

24 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Nigaq stopped walking and looked to Uriel with a grin. Very well, she commented, I look forward to the rest that comes with death. Until her end came, she truly had no plans to pause in her efforts. After setting a scent marking (not of urine, so as to not offend) she continued onward.

What is the mission? While not the most charismatic of wolves, Nigaq knew how to speak with her peers. She perked her ears with clear intent.
inuttut | english
sun-kissed
124 Posts
Ooc —
Away
"No stopping you then," she chuckled with a sigh, but there was nothing to be done of workholic's such as themselves. She was no different- preached words but did not do the same. Uriel assumed even if she did not say the desire out loud, the other would do other work regardless. There was no stopping, and she knew that too.

"Scouting, really, if you are interested," the lioness started, "firstly, while recruits are important.. My first mistake here was not surveying the land." She was honest with what had happened, to how she was chased out of Pheonix Maplewoods. It was said without scorn, but there was still bitterness within, simply hidden by a mask, "i'd like you to meet other packs and report back to who they are, and where they are. Perhaps play by the wind, and let our name be known."