Hushed Willows Look at me, I'm the king of New York!
50 Posts
Ooc — Kaiya
All Welcome 
Ever since Lumiya had introduced the wisp to the borders the woman had set it upon herself to either make herself helpful or meet anybody she could. Lale had enjoyed a nap before the two had sent out around the borders once more, the bird in a nice but still overprotective mood so far. Which eased the painted lady's nerves, if Lale was settling then so could Iolana.

Making their way around the territory with simplistic ease the companions were about halfway when Lale decided her five-minute break from the skies was enough and flew up again. With Lale scanning the ground from above and Iolana focusing on anything below the bird could miss it would be almost impossible to sneak up on the two. At least without a warning from either the painted lady or the swooping pilot.
Iolana is almost completely deaf... she can only hear loud noises. She often tries to lip-read but it doesn't always work. She is also usually accompanied by a Merlin bird. You are always welcome to reference her! Her name is Lale (lah-leh) if that helps at all! Hawaiian will look like this when Iolana decides to speak it! <3
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
Orlaith had not seen the foreign fae's, but she kept an eye out for them. Since used to the courts the fire-wolf met very few outside, except the few that tried to get inside, most likely for the woman. She defended their borders to her best, and would continue doing so.. Even if it meant causing a bit of tension. 

When she saw the one, clearly not from the old realm, the woman was ready to size her up. She stood tall with her chest burling out, a smirk upon her face approaching the pale stranger. Orlaith did not care what she was in the middle with, and with an overbearing stance, the woman stood before the tree, looking upwards, "Who are you to climb our trees?"
[Image: dbsjoiy-a0dc5a12-726e-4fc9-9f6e-325ac868...sKmYWTqVa4]
50 Posts
Ooc — Kaiya
Iolana wasn't usually one to be caught in a strange situation; most of the time keeping to herself, finding the other first, or simply not doing anything but wandering. Apparently this was a different occasion for the painted lady. Perhaps it was Lale's squawk that caused the lady to climb the tree, maybe the view was better from higher, possibly she just needed a change in perspective. That is a question not even she can answer.

The breeze above was fulfilling, the change in the wind as common as her grins as it kept pace with her swaying tail. The wisp hadn't heard the woman below, she had only seen Lale swoop downward and (quite, unfortunately) heard the relentless calls sent lower with her. Turning around carefully she caught sight of the one underneath and began descending, Lale had already landed and was seemingly unhappy with the visitation as she squeaked and screeched; her wings a fluster of winded feathers. Once gravity had regained its reach, Iolana nudged her unhinged ball of ruffled feathers. 

"It's okay Lale. Shush now!" Her voice gentle but insisting as she willed her companion to silence, the bird obeyed. Finally calming, Lale waddled over to the wisp's paws and shot the russet lady a venomous look don't even think about trying anything it said. Looking up now Iolana greeted the stranger. "Hello there! I'm sorry I didn't notice you. I am Iolana, I am new to Seelie Court." A kind dip of her head and peaceful sweep of her tail, her eyes telling a much different story: I speak truth, ignore my friend, I'm sorry for the disturbance, nice to meet you.
Iolana is almost completely deaf... she can only hear loud noises. She often tries to lip-read but it doesn't always work. She is also usually accompanied by a Merlin bird. You are always welcome to reference her! Her name is Lale (lah-leh) if that helps at all! Hawaiian will look like this when Iolana decides to speak it! <3
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
Everyone odd kept a bird. Orlaith didn't notice earlier, until the dame spoke toward her companion and finally noticed the bugger. Was this some kind of intitation? Did everyone not born in the court require somesort of bird? Lumiya one too. Couldn't hunt neither of them, it seemed. 

"I see," her haughty attitude did not end as she continued to stare up with judgemental olives, "I am Orlaith, the guard of this court." She made sure to get this title from the Queen, and was proud to flaunt it if needed. There was no other role for the fire wolf besides doing so, a destined role she would happily play a role within.

"You did not explain why you are in a tree."
50 Posts
Ooc — Kaiya
As the proud wolf went about introducing herself Iolana put the name to memory. Later she would ensure that she could say it right with the assistance of her hearing friend. "A pleasure" The wisp politely dipped her head, respect this time laced her stature. Glaring at her feathered companion the lady dared Lale to do anything but kind: "Right Lale?" Her voice was firm as she pushed her friend to give up the snarky attitude. Message received, the fluff stopped her dagger-like gaze and did a careful sweep of her wing, complemented by a soft chirp.

Approval showed itself when the cream lady nodded and turned back to the other. ...explain why you are in a tree. The lack of the woman's first few words made it sound much like a demand rather than a question of sorts. Iolana was surprised to see such force into an explanation but her confusion barely showed. Instead, the lady obeyed as to not cause any trouble, "I guess I just wanted to see the world from higher up. It was gorgeous whilst it lasted!" The woman smiled still, not wanting to come off as anything but cordial. 
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
'I'll eat you,' silently eyeing that bird as he dared to glare back. She wasn't afraid of the consequences to follow, especially someone so new, who would know her companion was taken by Orlaith? Ah, but then again, the fire-wolf wasn't that mean, was she? The woman grinned at the bird after silently glaring some words back.

Orlaith hummed, seeing as the other wasn't intimidated by her attitude, and didn't throw back words. She suppose that was a pass for now, as she obediently answered her questions without a scorn. However thought to be odd, nontheless, similiar to Lumiya. Both kept birds, both had a bit of air within their head, but she supposed that was 'cute' in their own way.

"Need help coming down?"
50 Posts
Ooc — Kaiya
Need help coming down? With only four words, Iolana managed to catch them all, which was quite an achievement considering all were spoke in quick succession. Her pride was short-lived though when she realized the other's question had gone unanswered."Oh no, I'll be fine. No worries!" Stopping only for a beat the wisp added: "And if I end up falling maybe I'll land on this one. Knock some sense into her!"
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
"You're odd." Orlaith couldn't help but blurt out her thoughts, as she stared at the girl. However the comment came without intimdation, as a smile widened upon her face, and she couldn't help but bellow a laughter. Deep from her chest, erupting into a more kinder version of the guard.

"So, assuming you some kind of Hunter, if you're climbing tree's with a birdy." The fire wolf wondered if she would successfully make it up.. It'd be a good advantage for hunting that is for sure, but the issue is how to get the prey, without falling to doom.
50 Posts
Ooc — Kaiya
This wasn't the first time Iolana had been called 'odd', in fact, the wisp had called herself strange before. It wasn't anything new. So, when the word escaped the other's mouth the woman simply chuckled along and agreed. "Well, one must hunt to survive no?" As far as Iolana had ever heard, unless one was extremely young, hunting was almost always a necessary trait.

Deciding it was time for another recon (to ease Lale's nerves once more) the painted woman looked at her feathered friend and whistled. The call was a complex mix of short and long, high and low whistles but still short and not too drawn out. Lale took the message immediately and shot off into the sky, circling the pair and scanning for and threat. "She will be back."
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
Orlaith rose an eyebrow as clicking came to be, and the bird was sent. A method of communication that even herself, could determine, but didn't understand for why. Instead continued the conversation, pleasantly ignoring what had happened, "not everyone excels in it." She commented, as while it was a must, some were not born to serve it was a functioning role in a pack.

The guard could fight and hunt, but the studies of medicine and healing was oblivious. Those who paid more to the mind then body, were traits she could not take for herself. Likewise, some could do not do what she would- for muscles were laid across the sovereign's body, but her mouth was just as rough as her body.
50 Posts
Ooc — Kaiya
Iolana had missed the other's uplifted brow and simply skipped over to her speech. To the wisp, the duo's communication methods were completely normal and without notice, Iolana saw no reason for it to be seen as strange. "Maikaʻi nō, very true. But hunting is almost always necessary for survival. It may not be one's specialty. But it is still a skill that should be at least learned." Her words placed with caring reason, as the woman saw no reason hunting should not be at least halfway mastered. Iolana had no mind for soothing of the mind and body nor the soul. She had no information on the ways of a healer or counselor, wise storyteller nor sharp-mouthed guard such as Orlaith.

The lady could defend and support herself, hunt and fight when absolutely necessary but she did things her own way. If the wisp didn't have Lale as a companion the lady would already be dead, that was the cause of their intricate language that benefitted both. But, the painted woman was not one to go around asking for fights, she was one to finish one for herself, friends, and family. Jumping into battles was something the woman would steer clear of as profoundly as possible, caution always lacing her actions.