Whitefish River And I want you; From somewhere within
149 Posts
Ooc — Keg

@Connor thought I’d start us out. Also tagging @Inna and @Evergreen as im sure they would have traveled together and split up at the river

Backdating to Feb 6, 2020

They choose to travel at a brisk pace. Emrik wished to return to Speedy, and they all wanted to reclaim their home. They reached the river in record time.

The place was a wreck, still. Even the snow didn’t fully mask the damage that had been done. There was no doubt that their home had been altered permanently. Taking slow steps toward the river’s edge, Emrik could see the beach that had formed from the rising, raging river when the quakes happened.

Swallowing thickly, he whistled loudly. “Damn, what a mess.”

Common

"Well, we'll just have to get to know each other a little better."

{0/5} | {0/5}
{1/5}
47 Posts
Ooc — Inna
Inna was enjoying the break from the open fields. She hated being exposed, and the change of scenery was very much appreciated. She was quite proud to have been chosen for such an important mission, and she didn't want to mess it up. She had kept her eyes to the sky, watching for bats. She hadn't seen any, so the quakes should be stopping. "We'll have to be careful- the quakes might have created some underground caverns. If it can't hold our weight, we could break through the top soil and fall into them. And mudslides- with all this snow melting, we don't know what might happen." Inna wondered if this place had always looked like such a mess- it must not have, because who would wanted to live here? Still, with a little work, Inna could see a potential home. 
Not my home, of course. Winter's over. I'll leave as soon as everyone is settled in their old home. But maybe staying isn't such a terrible idea. I'll have to think about this later.
I am a watcher. 
{0/5} {0/5}
Big Man, Walking In The Park
198 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Ranger
Connor kept a watchful eye on the surroundings as he traveled with Inna and Emrik, his emerald orbs scanning the area and making note of what happened here. Emrik had halted the calvary and made note of what happened to the landscape with a surprised whistle and Connor could only share the feeling for not only did he look where Emrik was referring too, but he also felt a bit of unsettlement, how were they going to settle back in with all of this wreckage? "Tell me about it..." He responded in a sympathetic sigh.

Inna made a comment about watching for unwanted caverns that the earthquakes could have made for he felt that HE had to be especially careful due to his mass. But the man knew he couldn't lose hope even if things looked grim, the large man perked his ears forward, "Well we better get moving if we are to report back to Ira," the herald flicked his tail. The titan then turned his head and looked at Emrik, "where to first?" he asked with a curious glance.
149 Posts
Ooc — Keg

gonna start next round to get this done with :)

“Well I guess we should check the main den site first. See what can be salvaged, or if anyone has been hanging around.” They could branch out later, but first they needed a common base to travel between. A place to rest, and call home for the next few days while they survey. “We can explore in a bit.” He glanced at @Evergreen hoping he concurred with the current course of action.

Common

{0/5} | {0/5}
{1/5}
47 Posts
Ooc — Inna
Inna nodded, agreeing with Emrik's words. It would be good to have a place to gether and rest. She was a bit unnerved by the idea that someone might be hanging around. Inna brushed this aside, assuring herself that no one would want to live in this mess until it was cleaned up. 
I am a watcher. 
{0/5} {0/5}
198 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Ranger
Emrik stated their next course of action and Connor silently nodded, there was much to be done if this operation was to be successful so it would best if the group could take it in reasonable sizes. The titan's eyes drifted towards Evergreen as Emrik seemed to address the former Count to see if it was okay for the small group to explore a bit. "I mean, I'm not opposed to it," he shrugged "it could be a good opportunity for me to explore the territory" the Herald offered since he was new and this experience could help him in the long run if he was to stay in Kaistleoki.
149 Posts
Ooc — Keg

SO sorry for the delay! I believe we just need to get this to 10 posts and then it can be counted for the move threads

Emrik nodded softly, Evergreen hadn’t voiced any disagreement and so he turned back toward the direction of the common den area. “The den area is this way. After we’ve reestablished our presence here we can branch out and explore the area more.” There was a lot of work that needed to be done, but there was a spark in the mans chest. This was going to be a new beginning for him and Speedy. This was their home, or at least it was, and it would be again. Feeling a rush of confidence and excitement, Emrik headed deeper into the territory.

There was very little indication that there had ever been a pack here. Their scent long since washed away, and the territory looked like a morphed version of what he remembered. It was surreal, but Emrik choose to focus instead on the task at hand. Every so often he dipped his snout to the ground checking their path, ensuring they were indeed headed to the main den site.

Common

{0/5} | {0/5}
{1/5}
47 Posts
Ooc — Inna
Inna followed along, watching for evidence of other animals. There needed to be enough prey both to keep the pack well fed, and to assure Inna it was safe to return. Inna was satisfied with the scents that drifted through her nose. Raccoon, rabbit, coyote, and deer. She was especially happy when she scented coyote. She didn't like coyotes, but they were a good signifier of a healthy environment. And the deer was also a good find. She didn't mention what she scented to the others, not wanting to state the obvious.
I am a watcher. 
{0/5} {0/5}
198 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Ranger
It seemed there would be no argument from the former count on what they were going to do, so Connor nodded silently along to what Emrik was instructing them on what to do. The scout informed that they will set up camp here and that they will continue with their journey once they are ready to do so. The Herald couldn't wait for them to get started, being part of Kaistleoki has given the man something to do while Aristos was a disaster and Rhaella left without a word, he had lost someone close to him.

The titan eagerly nodded his head, at Emrik and gave an encouraging smile to Inna and Evergreen as the group would depart with Emrik and continue with their scout mission. The large man would copy Emrik's motions by sniffing out everything to make sure it was all okay.
149 Posts
Ooc — Keg

gonna archive this

They arrived at the communal densite in the center of the territory without much trouble. The scents along the way indicating plenty of game and few competing predators. There was a herd of deer nearby and a family of raccoons down the stream. But all in all there shouldn’t be any issues with resettling. Emrik looked around. The area was a mess, but nothing the pack couldn’t work at cleaning up. He could only imagine all the new places to explore.

Common

{0/5} | {0/5}
{1/5}