Firefly Glen I close my eyes and you lead the way
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Private 
@Miriam, other tag for ref (for now? Call her in later?)

Mal and @Simmik were on the way home from whatever had happened at Moonspear and had split up to do a little bit of hunting, or rather the tracking part of that whole hunting business -- they were only a shout apart, so if anything happened, the other would likely know. If one found something, then just a quick call and they could work together.

Right now, though, he was totally striking out. The trails he was finding were old and muddled by the melting snow. But still he kept looking. There had to be something out here, and no matter what had been said, he'd hunt wherever he wished if it was necessary. As far as he was concerned, perhaps it was. So Mal kept snooping about. There had to be something around. Maybe Simmik was having more luck. At least they weren't far from home if they struck out.
time falls like moonlight
317 Posts
Ooc —
Away
The Maiden hadn't seen Komal in quite some time despite plans being made, and the sharing of their religions. She thought maybe destined meet was only a moment of time, letting Miriam experience someone as devout as she could be, and experience what others may believe in. A silent prayer to the Goddess for this chance, for now she was interested in the wordly beliefs other may obtain, even though she may not follow them. Knowledge to take to the Summerlands, when the time shall come. 

She had not seen many since then, perhaps it was the world telling her she needed to find others. Miriam knew she could not always rely on the Goddess to show her life, for it was her to determine what she would do with the granted life, albiet some guidance if needed. She would let the winds of the world guide, following the starpath to where they twinkle, and the gentle preys of the world flying to their direction. 

And so she arrived.. But felt warm. Miriam seemed like a haunting figure, lurched and looking for something, but even she did not know what seemed to be for. Possessed, she felt not of her own flesh and soul but another showing her the way. Before her, a figure of beautiful colors stood in but a blur. The ghostly womans first thought...

The Horned God?

Surely not, for his would never show physical appearance below. But the God was once a wolf, but devoted to the Goddess, he had been granted a spot next to herself. The Protector, the guardian to them- it was said when he was still a wolf, he had descendants. Beauty in coloration, unlike the regular world they were in that the Goddess adored so much, he could only be the thought of the Horned God's personal guards, or a long-time descendant..

She knew it was a sign. A blessing, for all that had been done- her determination to see the  world, and the thoughts of knowledge to the Summerland. Miriam knew, he was important, and she sought out for him, gaining closer with a heated mind and body.
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Still nothing. Well, he'd give it another half hour then see if Simmik had luck. He paused for a second and lifted his head to look around for something farther off in the distance, sweeping the limited horizon around him. Then he saw he wasn't alone. When he spotted her heading his way, his expression brightened, and at least for now ditched his quest to find food. He turned towards her and didn't quite sashay on over, but it was kind of in that universe. 

Mal slowed to a stop a comfortable distance away, grinning, a playful expression that was echoed in his words, Well, I hadn't expected you on my hunt, but I can't say I'm complaining. It almost deserved a wink, but that might be a little much. Not that he had any idea who she was, but she'd obviously been interested in meeting him or she probably could have slipped on by before he noticed. Interested in joining me, or how can I help you? I'm Mal. They hadn't had any new recruits for a while, so if he could add her to the ranks eventually, that'd be nice. Well, assuming she wasn't a homicidal maniac, but that'd become obvious quick, wouldn't it?
317 Posts
Ooc —
Away
A hunt. His words echoed within her mind as the ghostly maiden eye's sparkled in delight. It felt like a sign, "I am Miriam, Miriam Iris Willows." Though with a breathe, she calmed herself and politely introduced herself. Perhaps with a fidget, there was a calmness within the voice but a jitter within the body language. Excitment? Nervousness? Everything was felt.

"Are you..." The girl swallowed what was caught within her throat, "are you with the Horned God?" She could never be sure, the one would never tell her unless she was asked. He could be someone once related to the guardian in the Summerlands, or a simple vessel.. One who was part of the Orchid, but no longer within the realm, just as she was. However..

It was their home.

She hoped and prayed, not for just the sign, but a sense of familarity. How long had it been, since she had seen someone like herself?
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Pleasure to meet you, Miriam, he said with a smile and bob of his head. She seemed little twitchy maybe? But hm. Not entirely. Couldn't place a finger on it, but it made him wonder. His tail waved, taking another step or two at an angle that didn't result in him closing too much distance on her in the end.

The Horned God? Well that wasn't exactly a name familiar to him. And so, he did his best to make a metaphor of it with a slight shake of his head, The gods misplaced me long ago. Do note, he was talking lower case. He was pretty sure at some point Olive and/or Seabreeze had warbled something about gods or spirits or something, but he didn't have a chance of believing it. His life had been too messed up to think any sort of higher power worth respecting would have let it happen. In a sense, he was kind of just playing along rather than dismissing things entirely. And so he shrugged a shoulder, I've had to find my path on my own. Didn't seem like he was too broken up about it, but again, he was treating it like a metaphor.
317 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Her gaze fell- was he a heathen? No, Miriam shook her head, believing she shouldn't think that. She knew at times, the God and Goddess would sentence their members out, for actions that have displeased them both. However, she knew the two were forgiving, one less perhaps, but still would always welcome them to the Summerlands, if they were repenting, "are you on the journey, then?" she asked him, feeling to make double sure. She could do so much, if he was truly wanting to be forgiven.. Alas, if the darkness had taken hold of him, she knew if the Goddess couldn't help, her paw would do nothing.

"The Horned God is tough, but he will forgive his warriors." A word of reassurance in his path, even if he gone astray.
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Mal = confused boy

Damn, had he gone too deep already? He'd said like two things! He'd been trying to be clever and that had gone south in a way he hadn't imagined -- well, maybe not entirely south but a direction that made him at his core slightly uncomfortable. He didn't know what she wanted to hear -- or how to say it. Should he? Answering that oh yes, he was totally on whatever journey was outright dishonest, and he wouldn't be able to keep up that lie if she went deeper into whatever the heck she was talking about.

If only life was so cut and dry. He had tried fighting, he had tried surrendering, playing nice, giving people what they wanted, and yet still he had always gotten the short end of the stick. Whatever out there had determined that he was to be alone in this world had been pretty stubborn about it. Perhaps it was just chance, and yet chance had yet to give him something good so far in these years on this mud ball. It was better that Mal just continue to be the creature that was slogging through it. There was a pause there as he figured out his words, I'm on the path that helps my pack. I might not get a happy ending, but I'm making sure they will. If she didn't like that, then he didn't think they'd be able to share any common ground no matter what. Was it sacrifice? More like just stubbornness. Something had to go right for someone somewhere. Just that someone was never named Mal.
317 Posts
Ooc —
Away
She was unaware he was not of her kind, now fully convinced he was an abandoned warrior. She wondered how one of the Horned God's teaching gave way to his created group, as she knew his teaching differed from the Goddess just a tad. Their ways were to not hurt the body or mind, but they only cared for the mind, and was fully prepared for physically injuries upon themselves and others. More chaotic, Miriam believes.

"How fascinating," she couldn't help comment, "how is your pack like? Have you changed it to our ways- or to the others?" Pale eyes glittered in curiosity, if he continued to follow their code or reformed to the wilds system.
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
He felt like he'd been speaking a different language entirely or something. Whatever he'd said had somehow struck some sort of chord with her and he had no idea what, why or how. It just confused him more thinking about it. All because he'd maybe said something weird the first time because he thought it was clever. Figures his big mouth would get him into whatever bizarro trouble this was eventually.

Would clarifying help or just make it worse? He didn't know what real 'ways' she was talking about or anything. Yeah, maybe he'd just explain it and that'd make sense, Look, I made it to be a place where people could start over. Where people could be who they needed to be rather than whoever they had to be in the past. Free them from whatever baggage they brought with them and all that. That'll make something better I think -- where they can feel free.
317 Posts
Ooc —
Away
His brash words went unphased, for she knew the warriors of the Horned God did not have the most kindest words to say, but rather showed it through actions. Miriam nodded along as he spoke of the ideals of what he wished for, and she spoke, "how thoughtful," and smiled, "the Goddess will be pleased." A new beginning for the souls lost in the darkness, she knew their Gods would be pleased if they saw what he was doing.

"You are kind," even if he was casted out, he still continued trying to provide. She was curious on what he had done, to be barraged away from their homelands.. But knew that was a forbidden topic she would not be able to discuss, and questioned more of the ideals he wished, "where is this place?"
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Maybe he got through to her? What she said sounded less weird at least. So was Miriam just eccentric or something? She seemed pretty harmless but so did most wolves out there that he'd met -- the bad eggs were the ones that were really obvious.

He pointed with his muzzle in the general direction of home, Sort of the next forest over from here -- Neverwinter. I mean, if you're looking for a place to stay, we were just heading back there now -- my packmate and I, she's hunting nearby. He wasn't sure if running into Miriam was better or worse luck than whatever Simmik might be having. She could maybe sanity check himUnless there's anything specific you'd want to know now or whatnot.
317 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Miriam blinked, a thought came to be. Her body felt electric, as perhaps.. It was the true sign. She thought @Komal was perhaps it was to learn of the different religions, but perhaps, the Goddess wished for another reason to be. What a fate, to meet one of the Horned God's men. There was few times she truly interacted with the warriors- perhaps, it was time.

"I would like that," she had paused for a bit before continuing on and responded to the man. Miriam so wished to explore this land, but there was signs that the maiden could not ignore. It felt of destined winds, the nature calling forth, and it led her to so. The man of beauty and speckles, of snow and ash, fire and ice.. 

She was excited to the new beginning.
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
He still wasn't entirely sure what to think. She seemed reasonable now. Maybe he'd just missed something obvious and had somehow not messed everything else up. Whatever. She seemed harmless and was interested in the pack. So why not? Whatever. Well, come along then -- just gotta find Simmik and we'll be along home before you know it. He gave her a grin, but behind it a ways he was still totally befuddled. At least the rest of the trip wasn't too long -- hopefully when he got home and got a good night's sleep everything would make sense again.