Hoshor Plains At Your Service
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
For @Ira and or @Evergreen. Probably backdated a fewish weeks.

It had been a few weeks since Howl had crossed paths with the pack leader of Kaistleoki known as Ira. A pack some might argue he impulsively joined. But despite that, at that moment when he offered his services, he couldn't help but feel the need to lend a helping paw and be apart of something. He had spent the last week or so exploring the area and becoming more acquainted in case his scouting skills were asked for. He had also tried to gain the courage to visit the plateau but inevitably it hadn't happened.

Ira had stated that she would travel to the East before returning to her claimed land and by now Howl assumed that she had returned, making it easier for him to now join the fold rather than persuade her second in command Evergreen, or anyone else that he might have run into, that he should be allowed here.

Upon sniffing out the border of this territory he lifted his head and called for the leaders of the pack, surely wanting to announce his arrival and greet them before stepping foot within.
Howl is always open to some interesting plots.
Just PM me and we and plot and thread!
lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Some time had passed since the Count's first encounter with Howl, his offer almost forgotten between her travels and duties. It was after she had sent the scouts out to the river that Ira caught wind of a howl on the wind. Given that a chunk of their numbers had departed, she would turn on her path around the borders to see who was requesting her presence.

The roan woman trotted forward with her tail raised until she made out the face that greeted her, Howl, it's nice to see you again. Did you come to officially join? She let her tail fall as she neared, stopping just before the borders.
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
His tail greeted Ira with a slight wag soon followed by a verbal greeting and response. "A pleasure to see you once again Ira." he said with a slight nod to his head. "Yes, I have. Would there be any initiations or information that would be valuable for me to know before officiation?" he asked getting straight into business. He knew a bit of their history from what Ira had told him previously but several things can change over the course of a few weeks and inner pack relations were cogs constantly in motion. For him to make an easy transition there were likely some rules, people, or duties he may need to know about prior.

A slight voice in the back of his mind through back to his and Star's conversation. Wondering if this would be a step he needed to take to seek out his desired new life.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
ack late sorry

Respectful and straight to the point, they were qualities the Count appreciated so she would gladly do the same. Good timing, we are starting our move back to the river. The scouts would surely be back soon hopefully with good news.

Kaistleoki prides itself on new beginnings, we work as a family although there is still a ranking structure. That new enter amongst our commoners. It is a place for newcomers and those who have yet to pick up a trade to benefit the pack. Some chose to stay there but based on the man's words in the mountains she hoped to see him reach their noble status though Ira would keep those thoughts to herself.

Wolves who earn or display knowledge of a trade become nobles. They rank above the commoners and may take on apprenticeships to help teach others of any age. For their dedication, breeding rights are granted. Finally, the pack is led by a council, the Count has the final say but heavily relies on their advisors...due to the circumstances that brought us to these plains I am the only one who holds a seat in the council as of present. The roan woman would wait and gauge Howl's expression. It was not uncommon for newcomers to find themselves confused with all the terms or the pack's structure. It was untraditional to say the very least. Is there any confusion?
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
From Ira's words, he took away that he had arrived just in time and that the pack was indeed planning on making its move soon. The structure of the pack didn't seem too unheard of to Howl besides the differences of names, presence of a counsel rather than a sole leader even though presently it had only one leader and incorporation of a structured apprentice system which piqued Howl's interest. Her explanation of the ranked system also gave him insight into his own standing, likely to be a newcomer until he proved his ability and trade within the pack.

Following her explanation, she asked about his understanding something he thought key of good listeners and speakers. "No confusion but rather a request of clarity." he explained "Is there any rule to state that one of commoner ranking should not be allowed to officially take on or coach apprentices?" he asked. Though he was new to the pack he knew that his prior experiences could likely be used to coach those seeking trades. But seeing as how Ira had not yet seen Howl's skills in action he could understand her possible hesitance with allowing him to train someone. "And additionally ask if there might be any other tasks you would like me to pursue? Areas that you feel may need to most assistance." he asked. Part of his speech felt rushed, but he wanted to be able to help the most people as soon as possible and no one would know how he could do that better than the Ira herself.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
playing in to ya trade change ;0

Luckily the count would not have to explain further. Their system always more sense once members dove into daily life anyways. Ira expected that to be the end of the conversation where she would then show the man their whole lot of empty until they properly moved, but he had another thought that piqued his interest.

Technically speaking only Nobles are trusted to run an apprenticeship, but that's not to say that he can't help someone with their trades. As for recognized apprenticeships, yes. Attaining the rank of Noble ensures our trust to you to guide, but that does not mean you can not assist others still. The help will be appreciated by any I'm sure. Although most seemed to already be under a mentor, but who's to say they can't have another?

I appreciate your willingness. Personally I like seeing members capable of defending, but a caretaker trade of sort is always helpful. We only have one currently and I wouldn't be surprised to see pups this year.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Taking on an apprentice would be something Howl would have to aspire to. In the meantime, he would simply have to offer his help and teaching here and there. He hoped it would be enough for the time being. Though he was a skilled mercenary and had experience scouting it would seem that most of the pack's needs would become domestic come the spring when new life would enter the pack.

The thought of pups was something that still caused him to tremble a bit. It wasn't as though he was scared of them or anything like that, but they were a constant reminder of what he didn't have, what he had lost. But part of him coming here was to become more than he currently was, and part of that would be to face his fears and overcome them. In time. 

"I'm afraid I have little experience in the ways of pup rearing, but it's nothing I wouldn't be willing to help with." he stated. He wanted to be honest about his experience and not simply puff smoke into Ira's face, but offering what he could, he felt, was a good start. "Perhaps in the meantime I might be able to help the mothers with... den building or things of the sort. Whatever they should request" he said with a slight chuckle, picking at straws thinking of what a pregnant female might desire, or crave.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The Count thought momentarily, there were many ways to assist in caretaking and if Howl wasn't confident in his abilities to help directly with pups, maybe there was something else he could do. There is no shame in little experience, it is simply and untapped field. That being said...

Ira had assisted with the kids last year, surely she could help Speedy or anyone else who might bring in a litter. She wasn't much of a talker though...Perhaps counseling of some sort? I hear it can be stressful during pregnancy. Our foundation is on new beginnings, there might be others too who struggle to let go of their past. Digging wasn't necessary but it was an area they had no expertise in yet.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
His lack of knowledge wasn't discouraging to Ira as she tried to think of other ways he might be put to use other than the obvious territory patrol. He was willing to do anything to help, but he wanted to be upfront with his abilities. The more honest he was the better Ira would be able to put his skills to use and be more efficient with his actions. She mentioned his ability to counsel, speak with people over their nerves as well as general conversations.

It took him back to Heartha. Her deteriorating mental state during her pregnancy and how that affected her. Seeing things and hearing voices. He told himself that he was helping her, but he couldn't help but feel as though it hadn't been enough in the end. The idea of helping others out in the same way and lessening any pain they may be feeling felt like a good thing, but he knew it wouldn't be easy. "I'd be happy to help those individuals as much as I can. It might take some time to establish myself as a trustworthy individual and someone they can confide in, but it's time I'm willing to put in." he stated.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
last post from me!

The suggestion seemed to bode well with the male, but he did have a point. Not many open up to strangers, he would have to get to know the members of the pack to establish himself, luckily he seemed pretty good at that. The Count had no doubt in her mind that he would find a way to be useful, Howl had a work ethic much like her own. It's something she would likely grow to like about him. I'm glad to hear it. Sounds like you have a plan in order, how about I show you around the territory, even if this location is temporary?