Ravensblood Forest and i don't believe it but i guess it's true
out of the ashes i rise
44 Posts
Ooc — mista
All Welcome 
x@Nefris for first post, and then AW after. Dated for March 4th.

Night falls upon them, and the High Priestess is tempted to rest her feet. Their travels are nothing compared to the miles they have walked prior, but beauty sleep is a requirement for her nonetheless. A yawn rises to her throat, and though she tries to swallow it, her jaws part just a touch in the war between until she clicks them close once more.
She glances towards her Champion, knowing if her eyes were upon her and instead of the wilderness, then surely she would have seen the feeble attempt and less than attractive struggle. Alas, she plays it off for now as if nothing happened.
Pale purple eyes dance pass Nefris and to the trees that surround them. The eerie dread that lays thick in the air a hint to the sort of place they traveled in, not unlike the lowblood homes in Minrathous, where home it is comfortable to some, while others unused to the feeling grow nervous in their steps.
Valyri, however, reacts with not fright but fascination as eyes lock upon the detail of bleeding trees. She’s seen sap before; a quest given by the dearest old witch that brings about memories. But this is different in it’s coloration, and so suddenly awake with curiosity she is. The High Priestess slips from Nefris’ side towards a tree.
xAmaranthine Keep
March 29, 2020
I AM THE STORM.
34 Posts
Ooc — x
cameo unless no one else joins in about a week <3
Luckily for Valyri, Nefris's attention is elsewhere at the exact moment of her yawn; scanning the area around them, taking note of the fresh smells of impending spring. The crisp air chills her slightly as it fills her lungs, bringing with it a wealth of information. She's far too distracted by it all to take notice of the embarrassing moment. Instead, her attention drifts to the trees a few moments before Valyri discovers them. She watches for a moment with glittering eyes, taking note of the anomaly only briefly before her gaze passes it, wary and critical. She has a job to do, a queen to protect. While Valyri moves to inspect the oddly sanguine sap, Nefris remains watchful.
xAmaranthine Keep
March 29, 2020
out of the ashes i rise
44 Posts
Ooc — mista
Anyone's welcome to still join if they want!

Have you seen such an oddity before? She asks, lifting her head from the spectacle towards Nefris. It becomes apparent that it is akin to nature calling out, or perhaps a hex long existing here—a witch, or a spirit shackled to these lands, unable to move on.  
xAmaranthine Keep
March 29, 2020
I AM THE STORM.
34 Posts
Ooc — x
She glances to Valyri at the sound of her voice, shaking her head slightly in response. Not blood-red like that, m'lady. Wonder if they're diseased, She's always been a little boring that way; where Valyri thinks of magic, Nefris thinks of rot and illness. Perhaps that is her own sort of magic. All she has to offer is death, after all.
xAmaranthine Keep
March 29, 2020
out of the ashes i rise
44 Posts
Ooc — mista
Could be, she hums in agreement, yet the trees still thrive. They’ve no signs of rot. I imagine a curse may been laid here. Though she knows not how to break it, nor if she desires to do so, Valyri’s interest is piqued nonetheless. Do you see any marks? 
xAmaranthine Keep
March 29, 2020
I AM THE STORM.
34 Posts
Ooc — x
She steps closer at Valyri's question, inspecting the trees more closely for a moment. Nothin' outta place, She answers after a few beats. What sort o' curse?
xAmaranthine Keep
March 29, 2020
out of the ashes i rise
44 Posts
Ooc — mista
Hm, alas, it does not appear to be one she knows. Though this tree is one of many, and there could be clues upon any one of them. Clever. I would not trust the sap, could be poison. Or mayhaps an illusion to strike fear in any who try to settle here.
xAmaranthine Keep
March 29, 2020