Sleepy Fox Hollow i wanna see the way you look up under all those stars
2 / 3 THREADS
1,022 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Guardian
Wylla's eyes were drawn to each thing Mahler pointed out, and in the end she released a breath she didn't realize she was holding. Just a nasty headache. Thank god she wouldn't need to be held responsible for causing him brain damage. Even though Stag chose all by himself to give chase to Zarya and to try to jump the log, it was Wylla who told the woman to get out, so she felt like it was her fault. At least nothing bad would come of it.

Stag practically sat bolt upright when he came to and cried out about "the lady", only to slump back to the ground. Wylla pulled back, giving Mahler room to tend to the boy. She's gone, she supplied, scanning the surrounding forest for any sign of movement. If the idiot she-wolf had doubled back into the territory, Wylla certainly hadn't seen it.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
the tension mahler had been holding in his heavy jaw lessened; he let out an amused huff through his nostrils as stag rose up, crying after his allotted task.
"and she vill not be back," the general assured following wylla's declaration. "be still. you struck your head rather hard."
he leant forward, gazed with a  firm scrutiny into the boy's dazed face. "blink a couple of times for me, stag," mahler ordered. he had seen the pupil constrict when the young wolf returned to consciousness, but he wished to see it again, for he must be certain.
[Image: 2711649b07fc604164cb120b1b417fa3cf47bccc_00.gif]
i'm defeated and i gladly wear the crown
266 Posts
Ooc —
Wylla was outside of the boy's periphery, but he nearly recoiled as Mahler's face came swimming into view - focusing made his brain hurt - everything made his head hurt.

His reaction was rather delayed as he processed what Mahler had just spoken.. Blink..? A couple of times? His shaky gaze tried to focus on his leader, and he blinked obediently several times before a sad admission blurted from his slack jaws: "I'm tired."
and it brings me to you, but i won't just past through
i'm not asking for a storm.  
2 / 3 THREADS
1,022 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Guardian
She vill not be back. Wylla loosed a sharp exhale through her nostrils. She wasn't so sure of that. Zarya seemed like an exceptionally stupid wolf. Wylla wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the woman showed her face again, if she'd already trespassed at least once. At best, she could hope the woman was gone for good.

I'm gonna go make sure, she told Mahler, shooting Stag a vaguely sympathetic look when he whined. There was nothing much she could do for him that Mahler wasn't better at, so she would put her skills to use elsewhere. She lingered only a few seconds longer before circling the log and cutting purposefully through the snow toward the borders, finding and following Zarya's track as she went until she was fully satisfied the she-wolf wasn't still in their vicinity.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
he watched wylla move off, smitten, before his focus returned in full force to stag. the boy was pleading slumber, which perturbed mahler.
he leant forward to give the younger man a reassuring nudge, satisfied by stag's pupils for the present. "i'm afraid i cannot let you sleep yet. no," he sighed out, looking closely at the boy. "in a paw of time i vill let you go lie down, but until then you must stay vith me." one who had recently injured their head must never be allowed to sleep directly after. oft times, those individuals did not wake.
mahler straightened. "come vith me. ve do not need to talk a lot." he would take stag to his medicinal lair, tidy up the split in the half-grown duckling's scalp.
i'm defeated and i gladly wear the crown
266 Posts
Ooc —
last from me!! fun thread <3

Stag watched, his gaze hazy, as Wylla moved about them. He hadn't caught she was leaving, and then she was gone -- he blinked, confused. "Where go..?" Stag mumbled, turning to Mahler with a woeful look of stupid confusion flushing his face.

He was too tired to argue when the General said he could not sleep, but he was not too tired to arrange his face in a grimace of supreme displeasure -- one that was colored abruptly by the sharp spear of pain he felt on his noggin any time he tried to move his face. He winced, ears meekly flat against his skull as he waited for the ringing snarls of agony to subside. When they did, Mahler was off at a pace that seemed incredibly brisk. "Ho-- hol'up!" He whined, lagging as he fumbled his way after Mahler, biddable but entirely too tired to be any sort of graceful.
and it brings me to you, but i won't just past through
i'm not asking for a storm.  
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
in the moments to come, mahler would attempt to amend his pace, and eventually when he let stag rest, he would return to take up wylla's trail, wherever she had gone. a great deal had already gone on in sagtannet, both amusing for him, and frustrating as well.