King Elk Forest Hurry up, we are dreaming!
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,520 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
Wraen's praise sent her tail to goin a bit, and she waited for the answer, listening and thinking.  What was opposite of a wolf, with a single prong.  Deer made sense, but for some reason, Maia felt like it should be smaller.  It was none other than Jackie, the dancing jackalope. She answered, smiling.  It was a known creature, but she liked the image it conjured of a rabbit with a single antler dancing a jig.  Since, without singing, she couldn't very well dance, she needed to face the... puppy.  She couldn't take the chance!

Though I feel like now there's a story behind why she only has one prong, Maia added with a little giggle.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"If you want the story to be brief - I have to disappoint you, it is long!" Wraen picked up the thread of the poem they were creating together readily. Now that she had warmed up, it had become easier to come up with the next lines. 

"One year after the day Jacky was born, there happened to be a major storm," she went on. "It howled and raged, and carried all things in air, it left nobody and no one to spare," well, the last part was utter nonesense, but - hey - it helped her to get to the next part. 

"Poor Jackie was swept by a whirlwind gust and her two prongs got entangled in a large crow's nest," she said. "She untangled her one prong with perfect ease, but untangling the other proved harder - you see. Suddenly there was a loud creak and crack and the uni-pronged jackalope landed on her back," she let Maia take over from here and fell silent.
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,520 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
Maia listened and smiled as Wraen transitioned into this new story, picking up a little faster.  She hadn't quite slid into it, but she could take the nest and run with that.

The crow, when she returned, was shocked with what she found.  An antler in her nest, and poor Jacky on the ground!

"What's this, a gift?" She asked with delight.  The crow loved to collect things, even things that weren't... bright.  That one was a stretch, but shiny didn't really rhyme.  "For that I'll give you a favor, just one, of your choosing.  This is so much prettier than those dull branches I was using!"

As she wrapped it, she paused, turning it back over to Wraen to decide what the favor would be.  She had to admit, next time, the rules were changing.  The rhyming actually made it a lot more fun!
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"But Jackie was proud and headstrong: "I want nothing else, but my missing prong!!!"Wraen raised her voice just a notch to give the right feel about the embarrassement the one-pronged jackalope felt. "The crow was not of haggling kind, he cawed and laughed and politely... declined," she had taken a pause and had it not been for her narrator, who found the wonderful RhymeZone resource, she would not have come up with that beautiful word. 

"So Jackie decided to take matters in her paws and involve in her matters some powerful jaws," she let Maia take over the story, having entirely forgotten that they had begun with a different story-line. This was far more interesting.
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,520 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
Oooooooooh.  Wraen was kicking this up a notch!  Maia nabbed the hook and ran with it, assuming this was her chance to introduce a new player to this story.  She had this good friend, a big bear named Paul, who was lazy and nice and super tall.  But he had big teeth and a terrifying roar, and Jacky was clever.  They probably wouldn't need more.

She told him her plight and about the rude crow. How she stole her antler and refused to let it go.  Maia stopped here, letting Wraen decide how the big kind bear would decide to respond.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"Wasting no time Paul agreed, he charged up to the tree to do the deed," Wraen stiffled laughter that was building up in her chest. No matter, how old, smart and intelligent you were, you could not ignore toilet jokes and those that go beneath the waist. Not that she had meant it that way, just noticed that, perhaps, her innocent choice of words might have a double meaning. 

"Up and up, and up he climbed, broke the branches and never whined," she went on, now keeping her face straight. "And once he got to the corivd's nest, he appeared to be a little stressed," this time she went slower. Something big was brewing, but the words did not come as easy as the picture before her eyes. "What Paul had not realized, but clearly knew now, he was afraid of heights and those pesky crows," here you have it. Get him out of that situation!
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,520 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
Paul let out a yell, and held on tight.  Maia began, her words also coming out slowly as she thought about where she could take this poor bear friend.  He must have been a good one, to have forgotten all about his fear in his eagerness to help!  She could definitely do something with that.

He closed his eyes and clung to the branch, frozen in place, shaking with fright.  Jackie saw her friend's terrible.... oh no, what was a word?  Shoot.  Mess.  It wasn't the best but it worked!  She felt terrible to be the cause of so much stress!  So she ran and she ran, and gathered up moss.  And she built a giant pile, as quick as she could toss.  Then, when she'd placed the bunch juuuuuust right, she yelled up to Paul, "Don't worry, I'll catch you, no matter the height!"

Little awkward to yell at a friend, maybe, but Jackie was into the rhymes!
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"It was about time, 'cause Paul was about to fall," Wraen picked up the story, though the rhyming part did not come easy even this far in the tale. "Here we lose a rhyme, 'cause after moss covered all. When the bear reappeared - fine and well, Jackie could nowhere be seen and he began to yell," she continued, carefully choosing every word. 

"In response he heard an angry "Bloody hell!" - and soon saw that his friend... was in a truly bad shell," she shook her head lightly, as she said this part, because "bein in a bad shell" was a novel way to describe that you were basically in a bad shape or in a bad place. "You see, he had fallen on top of her and broken the second prong that had been there. So Jackie the Jackalope was no longer of her kind, rather a hare, a rabbit of most average mind," this made no sense, but at least it had rhymed. 

She left it up to Maia to either continue it or tie it up nicely. Makin poems even as silly as this one was not only challenging but exhausting as well.
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,520 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
Maia could feel it coming to a wrap!  She just had to find the perfect finish.  She thought for a moment, then decided to wing it.  The fun was in trial and error!

Paul felt terrible, but Jacky took it well.  She was just glad he hadn't been hurt when he fell.  She'd lost her antlers but gained a very good friend, one she knew would do anything to help her, right to the end!

Together they gave the crow plenty of trouble after that, and Paul helped protect Jacky, who'd lost her... pointy hat.  Maia giggled at that line, and then started to laugh.  Pointy hat!!! Ohhhhh no, I think that's it.  I'm out.  she was shaking with laughter, but this had been a very fun one!! Poems were far more challenging than normal stories!

WC: 136
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Maia's laughter was infectious and Wraen joined the shared merriment with ease. It had been tiring, but they had done it! First of DiSarinno-Redleaf dynasty, who have tried their paws in poetry. This day would go in history, if anyone cared to remember that famous feat afterwards. 

"Okay, sis," she said, after all the laughing had died down, but smiles and occasional chuckles still remained. "I think that I have had my share of distraction and "out of routine" I needed," Wraen sighed. "However, fulfilling this mental treat was, physical hunger it did not quench," she huffed, when she thought about, how she had just said the simple feat "I am hungry". It seemed that this particular kind of virus did not let go easily. 

And so they went to have a very grand lunch!