Hoshor Plains Things We Said Today
Angry Bean
347 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Seeking out @Ira since the group has arrived in KO

The group had finally arrived at Kaistleoki and as soon as they stepped foot on the ground, Vespera immediately wanted to turn back. She hadn't been seen yet but she saw the statue like figure of Ira and the moments of their first encounter flashed in her memory. For once in her life, this was one of the very few encounters that she had regretted and wish she could do it over, but the damage had already been done. Vespera hung her head low with her chest twisting with fear and regret, could she really do this? How much would this damper her pride? But she had to toss that aside, she knew that the biggest problem with her character was her pride, her dignity, and she was going to do something that would absolutely slaughter her ego. If there was one thing that Valette has taught her to let go of, it was her pride, it was her mouth that would get her into trouble but she wouldn't admit that she was still believing that all of the wrongdoing had been because of others.

But not this time.

She had to practically choke on the fact that their encounter was her fault, her moody and teenage rebellious attitude had gotten her into trouble multiple times, but she was scared to apologize for she was glued to the mindset that she shouldn't have to apologize for anything. Vespera was in the lion's den now, and as she found a spot of grass to sit on to calm her nerves for her body was starting to shake from the tension she built up. Once she was able to actually settle down to the point where her anxiety wasn't noticeable, she would go and find Ira.

She was going to try and do the right thing.
A mistake is only an error, it becomes a mistake when you fail to correct it.-John Lennon
lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
God I'm so sorry I could have sworn I pressed send on a reply for this at least 3 times short crap post so we can actually get this started

The Count traveled along the borders as she always did. There was a lot to protect in the vast open lands, they still had young ones and now a collection of guests on top of Kaistleoki's usual members. Not that there were many dangers for them, the plains had been surprisingly quiet during their stay minus some visitors here and there. Even then they usually ended up joining. Luckily it seemed today would be another quiet day on patrol.
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
Angry Bean
347 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
It is all good xD

Vespera waited, her anxiety starting to spark up with every second passing, to her, one minute felt like a year, oh how so badly she wanted to turn away and forget about it. But the woman knew that she couldn't do that, she had to step out of her comfort zone if she is able to grow as a wolf, to grow into a mature woman. The cloaked woman kept her muzzle to the ground, she didn't want to see who was coming, she didn't want to hear anything, the woman instead started to rehearse in her head on what she was going to say to Ira if she saw her.

But those moments were short-lived.

Vespera's ears shot up when she heard a slight noise coming her way, was it her? It better be a stinking rabbit... The young woman gulped, with her eyes tightly shut, she stood on her paws reluctantly and made her way towards the noise. Instead of using her nose, like a normal wolf would, she turned off that sense and walked aimlessly towards the noise with her heart thudding against her rib cage. With one last final gulp, she snapped her eyes open and sharply craned her head up to view the figure with her own, anxious orbs.

There she was, like an ominous statue.

She wanted to freeze up, but she couldn't now, she was in the lion's den and there was no escaping. Vespera gulped and smiled awkwardly and wagged her tail robotically, "uh... Hi Ira... It's... Been a while," the exile tried to sound friendly but her anxiety was escaping through her mouth a bit.
A mistake is only an error, it becomes a mistake when you fail to correct it.-John Lennon
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
It wouldn't take long for a dark mark on the plains to approach. The Count had to squint to decipher which wolf this was, likely with Reiko's group. At first, she assumed the girl to be a stranger and paused as Vespera approached with eyes closed. It was a weird way to travel, especially with how close they were to the borders. Eventually, the girl made her way before her and snapped her eyes open to lookup. Her mannerisms seemed familiar but it wasn't until Vespera uttered her name that it all fell together.

Her first days in Easthollow flashed, a scrawny girl with violet eyes had been the first packmate Ira ran into with a question so dumb she wondered how she had even survived. Ira had to search her mind for the name as they never really spoke again after that, Vespera? It had been a year at least since she last saw her and by the time Ira left Easthollow, the stubborn girl had already moved on, at least to her knowledge.
Angry Bean
347 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
SORRY FOR THE LATE REPLY I JUST GOT DONE WITH SCHOOL, YOU HAVE MY PERMISSION TO SLAP ME

The voice of the Constable ran chills along her spine, but it shouldn't, why was she starting to be afraid? Perhaps it was her anxiety telling her otherwise. But the woman had to swallow her pride, this was her time to actually grow up. Vespera looked up to Ira, her violet orbs tried to communicate to the woman that she was different so instead of having angst in her eyes, she tried to look cheerful. But no amount of cheer could distract her from the twisting feelings that were swelling within her, so her glance immediately switched to an apologetic one as fast as flipping a switch. "Listen... I have been thinking about this a lot and uh..." She fluttered her eyes down to her paws, she hated feeling vulnerable but she had no other alternative. "Our first encounter back in Easthollow wasn't how I wanted it to go, I had a lot of self-doubts and was insecure, I didn't know how to express my feelings," the dark woman looked up to Ira to meet her gaze, wondering how she was taking in on this sudden apology.

But in her mind, she figured Ira wouldn't take in this apology, that she would scowl and tell her to leave the territory which Vespera understood. "I wanted to come to you with the opportunity given to me by Reiko since I am here at your territory to apologize for my attitude, I was a major brat," just saying that she was a brat feel like a punch to the gut. The cloaked woman gazed at Ira with the most sincere look she could muster up, she wasn't sure if it felt good to get her feelings out of the way.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The girl seemed hesitant as she tried to pick the right words. She had never really had the interest to interact with her after their first encounter, but it seemed that she had done some growing in the time that passed since she last saw Vespera. Perhaps she was still growing based on the way she seemed almost unsure about her word choice. Either way the apology came as a surprise. Ira raised a brow, her head tilting slightly to the side as she finally came to a finish. Well, it appears you've grown since then. The past is the past and Kaistleoki is a place of new beginnings. To be completely honest she gone through her own growth as well. The stony mountain wolf had come a long way since her days of silence in Easthollow.I accept your apology. Her gaze never wavered as Ira stared down at the arctic wolf. She quickly fell silent unsure if there was anything else she desired to tack on.
Angry Bean
347 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
The girl's tightened nerves seemed to uncoil and her mind was put at ease, she was silent as Ira accepted her apology and was glad that the two wolves could now be acquainted as they would be allied anyway. Vespera felt like a child again with her eyes becoming a bit wide with joy and her tail slightly wagging as she was pleased that the two could possibly start a new.

The dark woman bore a small smile, "thanks Ira... that's good to hear... And I can assure with some certainty that I can fulfill my promise to you that I am growing... just.. at a pace," she chuckled a bit but there was a tinge of awkwardness in her voice, "so how have you been doing lately?" Vespera couldn't just leave it like that, even though the two girls apologized, she wanted a firm state of mind that Ira and she really were cool with each other now.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Vespera assured her that she would only continue to grow. It seemed rather late to learn life lessons but...well she found herself learning things to this day as well. It would be hypocritical of the Count to judge her now. As the Empire girl continued Ira started off again insistent on finishing her border patrol but would motion with her tail for Vespera to follow. Compared to the past month or so? Much better. We will be moving from these plains soon and I speak for everyone when I say we prefer the river.

Perhaps if she and Evergreen had not been injured the move could have happened sooner, but there had been many broken pieces to pick up. You found a home with Reiko? It had been a while since she last saw the girl, her reasoning for leaving Easthollow remained unknown as well as the scar on her face. Ira knew enough about scars though, she would not inquire further on that topic.
Angry Bean
347 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
The woman invited her to patrol with her as Ira would share briefly of what was going on with her lately with Vespera listening with curious eyes. She was trying this time to be polite and engaging. She said something about the river and moving which she can guess that only meant that something happened to her pack. "What happened? What made your whole pack move?" She tilted her head slightly because surely it had to have been something catastrophic for the entire pack to move.

Vespera should have figured that Ira would ask why she was with Reiko, it was inevitable since the exile wasn't in Easthollow anymore since the last time they have spoken. The woman started to feel hot with panic, "oh uh... I decided to leave, I uh... I wanted to start a new life and seek out my potential" the girl said as calm as possible. She wasn't lying, but she rather not talk about the fallout with Greyback since she figured Ira would take to his side since she was his daughter. Vespera wanted to move away from the subject as much as possible, but she figured the Count would have more questions, and that was the last thing she wanted.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
It wouldn't take long for the girl to catch up, luckily she seemed to have no issue with the request to multitask. Ira was surprised to hear that the girl hadn't known of the quakes, but it was hard to gauge just how far they had traveled. The Earth shook last fall. I'm not sure what caused it, but our territory grew unsafe. When trees started collapsing we were forced to move somewhere more open and last I heard the river had flooded. What a mess it all had been. Luckily, time seemed to heal all wounds, Now that things have settled we are more or less waiting for the snow to clear.

Ira was unaware of the exile that took place within the hollow so much to Vespera's luck there was no interrogation about her departure. I see. It's good to start over where no one knows you. You'll have the chance to be whoever you want to be. Reiko is a good wolf, I trust her pack will be good for you. It sounds like the others you travel with also desire a new beginning.
Angry Bean
347 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
It seems that Ira had been through a great deal with her pack and Vespera could only feel sympathy, the girl could only imagine how difficult that could be, the Count works hard. Vespera had to respect that. The woman gave a small comforting smile, or at least as comforting as she could be, "well I'm glad you guys made it out okay, that can't be easy," she replied. Ira was different when they last met, she had responsibilities of her own and found her path and wasn't plaguing on the past, unlike Vespera who held her history close to her since it was all that she had. 

Thankfully, Ira didn't press any questions regarding the details on why she left, she rather not think about it and instead move on which was what she should have learned how to do years ago. "Yes, Reiko is something, such bubbling energy that I can't keep up with," she laughed to herself, remembering when they first met and how Reiko was just an untouchable force of joy and happiness, something Vespera didn't have. "She promised me that Reneian will be a new beginning and I have no reason to doubt her," she lied about the doubt for she would have to explain to Ira of what happened back at Easthollow.

"Tell me," she prompted curiously, "how do you know Reiko? She wasn't in Easthollow when you were still there, how did you two meet?" The exile wasn't really fond of long conversations, but if it would get her and Ira reconnecting, then that's what would need to be done.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
can probably wrap up here for the end of the patrol!

It hadn't been easy, Vespera wasn't wrong. Several members had voiced their complaints in the past months about their current situation, but there wasn't much they could do. She was just lucky everyone was willing to push through instead of disband. Ira offered a hum in response as the girl continued. Time had passed since she last saw her Squire, but it sounded as if nothing had truly changed with the snowy girl. At the very least she kept her good traits.

It was then that Vespera asked about their connection, She was here. Reiko was a founding member of Kaistleoki, young and spirited as she is today. Healing was her passion, but she sought me out to train her in basic defense should it be required by herself or to help another. It felt as if it was a lifetime ago, how so much could change in a short amount of time. The two approached the edges of the meadow where trees stretch thinly before fading into the sea of woods. It was here that she pressed up against one of the lone trunks before turning, She was separated from the pack until now. However, it seems she no longer needs me. She's gathered quite the crowd, but that comes as no surprise. 
Angry Bean
347 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
cool

Ira explained that Reiko used to be part of her pack and how the now Empress was fond of healing and seemed Ira out so that she could be trained in basic self-defense. Vespera hummed to her words, Reiko was someone to be very passionate but she really didn't look like the type to be out in the front lines and fighting anytime soon, but the Empress had to have SOME way of defending herself. Perhaps the two could spar together someday. Either way, Reiko had a history with Ira which made sense as to why she was so hesitant when the group first arrived, the apprentice had returned to the master.

Ira stated that they separated which was no surprise to Vespera since Reiko was now leading a forming group, "yeah, Reiko approached me when I was by myself after I left Easthollow, she offered me a place of sanctuary and change, which was something that I needed." Her purple orbs moved to do a quick scan of where they were walking since she was with Ira on a border patrol, "she seems promising," she shrugged and looked back to the Count with a casual glance for she really didn't have much hope left and wouldn't be surprised if Reiko lets her down.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Good. Ira did not explain further as to what she was referring to, it applied to both though and the answer would be the same either way. I'm afraid I have some other duties to attend to, I hope you find what you are looking for. She knew what it was like to not have a home, even if her situation was different and she knew little of the events that took place back in the hollow. If you'll excuse me. The Count gave a swift dip of her head before turning to trot off towards the heart of the claim.
Angry Bean
347 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Ira stated that she had things that she had to do and with a dip of her head, she exited the scene. The exile understood and gave her a nod and a small smile for she was contempt with the fact that she made up with Ira and hopefully the two women were on good terms now. As Ira left, Vespera turned away and headed back towards the group for a rest before they would venture to the vale.