Neverwinter Forest can you ever really know?
'cause i'm a hopeless wanderer
254 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Joining 
Please note: CLOVER IS IN HEAT | This thread is set directly after this thread.

... I should have totally mentioned that before or in this post... Sorry!

Clover ran until she found Neverwinter's borders, only stilling her pace once she was in conversational distance of anybody who may have been patrolling. Summoning the leader (or leaders—she knew nothing of this pack) with a breathless howl, Clover then fell silent. She did her best to keep her thoughts at bay for now, as she had to shit to do; her self-indulgent pity party would come in time. 

Her fate laid in the paws of whoever lived here— impending death, broken heart, and whatnot—and all she could do now was wait.
134 Posts
Ooc —
Marching around the perimeters, it was easy to catch the voiceless howl that rushed overhead. Belharra swung a torn ear towards the source, making like a fat man to the front of the foodline at a self important swagger. 

Whoever this lassie was, she sure was worse for wear. Belharra scanned the woman’s features, one eyebrow cocked as she spoke. What happened to you, little lady?
254 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Belharra arrived in due time—thankfully. It didn't give Clover much time to dwell on her worries. "A lot," She admitted as she leveled her ears averted her gaze; her actions were out of both concern of her situation and respect for the superior. "Theres something weird going on with me... and, lowkey, I think I might be dying. Like, physically, I feel fine... but I fuckin' reek no matter how many times I've bathed, and I've been moody as hell." Despite it all, Clover realized how nice it felt nice having somebody to talk to. 

Realizing how crazy she must have seemed, Clover added: "And... if I don't happen to be dying... and if you don't think that I'm a total nutjob... I was hopin' to find a home, possibly. I can hunt."
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
Okay. I had a 4 paragraph long post then I accidentally deleted it... so here is this. :/

Why I'd never! Was she truly seeing the day Belharra called herself a pack wolf? And meeting members at the border, no less? She was shocked, honestly. A pack wolf? What's gonna into you?? Flat out interrupting the conversation, Vallkyrie trotted to the pair. She had heard the cry of the woman and yet had been distracted by the appearance of an old friend. Of course, Belly's scent always lingered around the outskirts, but not here, not like this and definally not with the scent of @Mal about her. 

Shaking her head as though to clear her thoughts, she turns her attention to the new comer. Cant say you'll hunt for us well if your dying. She speaks, having overheard the stranger's rambling as she had come along. She tried to speak seriously and yet, a smirk rose over her mug.
i survived
the laws of gravity
180 Posts
Ooc — delaney
y'all get a wild atausiq. i couldn't resist.

it was the call rising thru the air; a summons and an alert of the stranger's presence that first drew atausiq towards the borders. at the scent of the other two females present he would've, under normal circumstances, assumed they had it handled and continued upon his patrol. ...but it wasn't normal circumstance. there was an underlying temptation, sparking an awareness within atausiq that he's never had before. as helplessly as a sailor drawn by the irresistible song of the sirens atausiq finds his paws mapping out the short distance, his gaze of imperial jade falling upon his two female pack-mates. they appeared to be teasing the stranger at their borders and for reasons that he couldn't even begin to explain ( assuming no one's given him the 'birds and the bees' talk, oop ) this riles him. his guard hairs bristle; unwarranted given his lowly title of 'newcomer'. in a bizarre twist of what atausiq had known to be his stance on respecting higher ranked wolves than himself: he doesn't care.

what better way to fully embrace the misfit life?

don't you have anything better to do than to tease her? atausiq says; some tiny and rational part of his brain telling him that, that was a shitty way to make an introduction to higher ranked pack-mates. he draws nearer yet, black, leathery nostrils flared as he draws in their scents ...though primal instinct has him focusing rather unfairly upon the stranger's. she might think of it as a stink but he found it to be a rather pleasant smell and considers if, maybe, she's nose blind.

i'm atausiq, he introduces, mostly to clover but his name was out there for his pack-mates to hear too.
━─┄ these jaws of brevity
i will not let them sink
their teeth into my soul

134 Posts
Ooc —
One whiff was all it took to be aware of Clover’s condition. Belharra guffawed, rocking back on her heels. Oh, if this was the end for Clover, truly! Her eyes glittered as she responded. Oh me, lassie — ye just got the case of the spring willies. That didn’t seem sufficient, so Belharra leaned in with a hushed voice.  Ye season. Comes for us all, I’m afraid.

Her ears pulled back as Kyr strolled in. Belharra beamed as she greeted her with a wag of her tail. Look wot the bog rat dragged in! Her chest puffed at mention of being a good old pack wolf. Well ye see, I’ve got to be on my best behavior. Belharra winked, the rogue smile disappearing as another wolf unknown to her came into view. 

Oh, he was rude! Belharra gasped, a theatric nudge in Kyr’s direction. Mercy me!! ‘Ow could ye torment the poor gal so?? She accused Kyr mockingly, glancing to Clover in the hopes she’d play along. Why look at the poor doll!! She’s fair withered like a little flower under ye merciless words!! She’ll never recover, the poor thing. Thank goodness for this big strappin’ young man here, wot gettin us henfolk all in order.. Her voice carried loudly - and sardonically - her heavy accent accentuating her dramatic tone.
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
tablet posts are bleh!

Mal wasn't the closest today. Sure, he wasn't across the territory, but the minutes it took him to arrive was enough time for three other members to show up first. He heard Belharra mainly, and his initial thought was that he was going to have to do some repair work on whatever she was interrupting, but as he got closer, he caught hints of the scent that made it all that much more clear. Someone was in heat.

Though Mal considered the call had been to him directly, now he certainly wasn't going to pass it up. He strolled up with his usual confidence, looking across all who'd arrived. Oh, I thought this was some normal border thing. Why did nobody tell me it was a party? I could have brought snacks. Although both guys present probably thought Clover was maybe a snack enough, regardless of being aware of it or not. Did I miss introductions? Probably did, didn't I? He then flashed the woman a grin, I'm Mal, this is Neverwinter Forest.
254 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Everything happened at once; more Neverwinter Forest members assembled, her condition was revealed, and conflict arose. 

"Ye season. Comes for us all, I’m afraid." Belharra releaved, and for a moment, she stared at the other wolf with her eyes wide and mouth agape. "Oh..." Clover trailed in reply once it dawned on her, suddenly aware of the predicament she was in. "Fuck." Putting two and two together, it suddenly all made sense. 

Vallkyrie and Atausiq's arrivals occurred at the apex of Clover's panicking, and she regarded them meekly. Clover was still reeling from Belharra's intel; her breaths came quickly, despite her best efforts to calm herself. Clover knew she needed to get a grip before she ruined her chances of gaining acceptance into the pack. 

Just as Clover had mustered up the courage to speak again, Mal arrived. "Hi," she replied once he introduced himself; if this were a party, it would have been the worst party ever. "M'names Clover, and I just learned that I'm not going to die." Smooth—she swallowed her pride at her initial remark, continuing her mess of a preamble. "I'd like to join your pack. I can hunt and...." Clover blanked then, awkwardly shifting her weight as she attempted to recollect her thoughts.

"... I'm in heat." Good one, Clo; she was a living, breathing trainwreck.
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
Forgot how long these get with multi charries. Lol

The spring. Yes, it came for them all and unfortunately for Clover, it seemed no one she knew had been kind enough to explain such a thing to her when she became a yearling and could begin to grasp the knowledge. And still, she seemed older then the two forest wolves, how could she not know? Her tongue clicked onto the roof of her mouth in a 'tisk tisk' manner as Belharra was came to explain. What the 'Bog Rat' dragged in, Kyr couldnt help the laugh, tail waving wildly behind her. And then....

A jest yes, a tease. But the moment the youth came about and announced it rather rudely, hackles raised into her direction, Vallkyrie's attention tore from the women and onto him. She speaks not, but a hard stare and a baring of her fangs was a clear warning to not only watch his tongue when speaking to her but to also not get too excited about being around a strange woman at the border during ber heat. Wouldnt want any little 'mistaked' popping up that they would need to tend to...not that he was really old enough for that anyhow. By scent and appearance he wasnt even a yearling much less into sexual maturity. 

Vallkyrie could have reprimanded the boy for his antics, especially where he showed an anarchy display (which would certainly cause the pack to crumble and fall if you didnt respect those higher then you) but didnt wish to do so in front of a newcomer. It would only prove to show weakness. Later, she would make certain to teach this newcomer a lesson when it came to respect. 

Belharra, of course, had other plans. She nudged into Vallkyrie, whose silent growl and icy dagger stare remained on Atausiq. If looks could kill! Belharra snapped her right out of it, for better of it. She sneers, happy for Belharra's antics though the sneer on her face perhaps was far more sinister then it should have been. Oh, yes, it's a good thing this mighty warrior came along to defend the poor damsel in distress. Oh. Dear, what would you have done without him to save you?  There is a laugh and as she turns away from the boy, her tail whips up in the air dominantly. She dismisses him for the time being, attention to Clover. Now now, us ol witches havent scared you off, now have we? 

A familiar splotchy wolf came along then, Mal, which Vallkyrie really would have expected to be here first. He usually was. Mayhaps you should have. Once more, she teased. This time to Mal and then turned back to the wanderer. She listened to the girl explain and... Kyr lifted a paw, touching it to her forward which was shaking. Oh nooo.... Welp! Looks like Clover would fit in this place JUST FINE. And I'm Vallkyrie Archer. I hunt too, alot, actually.  And it would seem if she did stay she would be seeing a whole lot more of her and Belly if that were the case. Oh, and I'm not in heat. Might as well clear the air.
i survived
the laws of gravity
180 Posts
Ooc — delaney
as the ribbing of the women, who were both older than him, turns to him; atausiq supposes that, in the end what matters is that he accomplishes what he'd set out to do. at least, in part. they weren't teasing the poor stranger at their borders anymore ...even if he doesn't appreciate them turning their words — and death glares to him.

a band of misfits indeed.

from his pack-mates does atausiq's attention lift once more focusing upon clover, she introduces herself as. her introduction is followed by the fact that she found out she wasn't going to die — good — and that she was in her heat — questionable, but if only because atausiq isn't sure what that is. again, a whiff of the strange scent emitting from clover — her heat? atausiq wonders, stringing two and two together — and once more something archaic and primal stirs from its deep status slumber within him. though highly tempting despite being unable to reproduce ( yet ) he wards it off in a way that he will not be able to do in a year.

so focused on clover, it barely registers that mal had long since entered the scene ...yet, when it does, atausiq feels another spike of ...something. irritation? mal is another male, after all, and biologically in this situation despite atausiq's lack of sexual maturity his instinct register his alpha as competition ( if not the ultimate competition ).

despite the rational part of atausiq's brain — now reduced to the meek squeak of a mouse unfortunately — protesting that he should slip away, separate himself from this scene so the fog in his brain would lift he doesn't budge; especially not when he considers that maybe he could partner with clover on a hunt sometime if she got accepted ...and he remains, favoring the role of a silent sentry.
i will not let them sink
their teeth into my soul

134 Posts
Ooc —
Fuck, the girl said. Belharra threw back her head in a crow’s cackle. Fuck indeed. Literally. 

Ribbing aside, now that Clover had explained what was going on Belharra felt more at ease. With Kyr besides her, these two could do anything - including bully the young whippersnapper to their right. 

Once Mal was here, Belharra noticed that the atmosphere - mostly surrounding the kid - changed. Now she wasn’t one to be a wet blanket, but it was like someone had doused out the lights. Or had her teasing done that? 

Belharra shared a glance with Kyr, grinning heavily. Hello, Malligator. Ye’ve come just in time. This little damsel was about to perish at the hands of our cruelty — but ye knight over there saved her. Gods are good!! She’s safe now. Not exactly a true account of things, but really, who was tracking?
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Mal didn't see Atausiq as too much competition -- he was big, yeah, but still pretty much a kid. Mal was in a pretty unique spot in his own pack at the moment -- if anyone wanted an actual mature male they had all of one choice, him. And whether or not he was trying to impress Clover was hard to tell, since he kind of acted that way by default (okay, Belharra wouldn't know that). The fact others were here probably kept him more in line anyway. He was pretty amused at everything Clover said, I certainly noticed. Then he quirked a brow, maybe not entirely suggestively, but if that undertone wasn't there then they needed to pay more attention to his jokes. Hope you're not looking for prim and proper because I don't think these guys will stick to that for more than three seconds. Looking for anything specific in a pack or this your kind of chaos?

He looked over to Belharra and Vallkyrie somewhat cheekily, I heard you both as I arrived -- hope you're not just trying to vye for Atausiq's attention because it doesn't seem to be working out for you. In fact, the youth had pretty much fell silent. Kind of tunnel-vision-y looking at the moment, in fact. Clover was a far stronger opponent than his consciousness could fight, it seemed. Earth to Atausiq, return to primary brain control before it makes you do something dumb that these two weirdos won't let you live down. Slight nose point to the two women before he looked back to him. Clover's scent is getting to you.
254 Posts
Ooc — Chan
The responses to Clover's brazen statement varied—ranging in the levels in which the others jested in reply. Her discomfort deepened; the others would probably always remember this episode. Clover shifted uncomfortably, feeling Mal's stare in particular, as he had acknowledged her season. To Vallykrie, Clover answered, "No, you haven't." Frankly, she was surprised that she hadn't been the one to scare them away. Neverwinter Forest was interesting, to say the least. 

When Mal poised his question, Clover did not hesitate. "Yeah," she agreed, her voice leveling as her gaze swept throughout the crow, "I think y'all are as nuts as I am." In their acceptance, she felt herself relax—they were all as crazy as she was. 

As Atausiq became their next focus, Clover frowned; she knew that he didn't know any better. Her ears folded upon her crow as Mal chided the younger wolf, and she averted her gaze. It almost felt as though she were at home, witnessing the scolding of one of her younger siblings, and she felt a brief pang of homesickness at the memory. 

It subsided quickly, though, as their conversation carried on.
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
I would just like to say, I have a cat named Clover. A ditsy, sweet little thing. Your charrie already reminds me of her. <3

Their newly pack-pup is hushed then (as he should be) and so Vallkyrie's icy gaze no longer turns to him. It was like Mal to bring in more young mouths to feed, to teach, to train... Either way as long as they could be formed into making good use of themselves then it would all work out fine. So long as the boy doesnt get too many 'bright' ideas into challenging his Alpha for a piece of tail. 

She then nudged into Belharra with a smile, her blackened muzzle tossing over her shoulder to look over at Mal as she did so. I can be quite proper, thank you. She spoke in protest and huffed. Why, if her family saw her now the lot of them would turn up their noses. Kyr very much knew how to act amongst those with a more hardened, serious shell and thus knew how to represent herself and her pack beyond the borders. Here? She found herself too comfortable in Mal and Belharra's (who brought out in her the worst..or best?) presence. 

And then... Mal flat out called Atausiq out on how he had been reacting to the distracting scent of Clover. Kyr's head lifted, mouth forming in a 'O' shape as she quickly looked between them all. Oh shit, BURN! And then, DAAAAYYYUUUMMMM! Yup. That was her Alpha right there. The one and only. 

Taking note of the girl's ears falling, eyes averted as the youth was being told off for his antics (serves him right for his lack of respect) Kyr pulls away from her BFF's side to come closer to Clover and offer her a touch to her nape with her nose. Come along into the forest now near dear girl, Belharra and I will get you something to eat and fix you right up in here.
i survived
the laws of gravity
180 Posts
Ooc — delaney
last post for me & atausiq!

more poking fun at his expense and atausiq — who is not used to being made fun of — feels his typically benevolent temper flare. it flares right into a rush of heat to his cheeks in what can only be described as utter humiliation as mal calls him out. his gaze drops from clover and he turns then, scowling; as if that might hide the embarrassed flutter of his ears. the scowl deepening as one of the women loudly makes an exclamation. clearly, he'd have to make it clear that he might be young but he wasn't going to take them picking on him.

he makes a small noise in his throat as he departs the scene, tail sweeping annoyed against his hocks.
i will not let them sink
their teeth into my soul

134 Posts
Ooc —
It's too bad Belharra couldn't mindread. For one, think of all the hilarious conversations that would ensue (what, you DON'T THINK I'M PRETTY??). For two, she might have challenged Mal's idealization that he was the man of the pack. In her eyes, she was more man than any of them - Maligator and his frumpy cajones included.

She knew better than to mouth him off in public, what with her tenuous involvement in the pack to begin with, so Belharra just kept shut. She did allow a snigger to pass her lips as Kyr responded to Mal's callout with a loud DAAYUMM.

Dayum, indeed. It didn't look like the kid was having it. Belharra couldn't blame him. It was real ugly when the public eye turned inward to you. Belharra hated that shit too. "Oh. He's not my type." Belharra finally replied as Atausiq slipped away with his pride barely intact. "I like my boys as loud and as charming as me." AKA, swinging with that Big Dick Energy. Like Asmodeus, maybe - whoa, had she just thought that?

Waiting for Mal to excuse Clover, Belharra sat near Kyr ready to give Clover a run-down of her new home. She wondered though, if Mal might try his best to give Clover a tour privately -- and later, let her take a glorious tour of his privates.

Seems like something he would do.
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Maybe he should have been a bit more direct in telling Belharra and Vallkyrie to tone it down a little. At Kyr's outburst, Mal gave her a bit of a look -- they were way too into the teasing, and he wouldn't be surprised if it was Clover's scent having an effect on them too, whether they denied it or not.  He uttered a slight sigh as the boy headed off. On his own, Mal was pretty sure what he said shouldn't have been too much, but it was probably just the final straw on that one. He'd go find Atausiq later.

Mal had an almost instant response for Belharra, So the real reason you kept pestering me comes out. He didn't care what she said in reply, he'd be able to work with just about anything that she chucked at him unless it was really out of left field. Since Vallkyrie was trying to drag Clover off, though, he suspected it wasn't going to be a particularly long conversation, so that might get saved for later. 

But, back to Clover, almost in the same breath, And good! That's settled. And it seems they've already grown quite attached to you. If the singing gets to be too much or if you need anything, just find me and let me know, he said it like a proper, ordinary sort of day. Whether it be for plausible deniability or letting her make her own choices about whether or not it was a double entendre, he wasn't letting on to his intentions, just keeping the same grin as normal. Look, if she came to him with something beyond G-rated on her mind, he wasn't going to turn her down -- but that pretty much went for anyone.
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
Last for Kyr, wrapping  this up.

After a jab at Belharra, Mal went onto how the two women of the pack had already grown attached to her and thar if she needed anything (or if Bel's singing got to her) he was around. Smiling up at Mal and waving her tail, Kyr then motioned to Belharra so they could urge Clover around and show her the place.