Wheeling Gull Isle losing your composure
nothing in life is to be feared,
it is only to be understood.
857 Posts
Ooc — nami
Private 
Birdsong floated onto the island, carried by the morning breeze. She looked inland from her perch beside the border, but saw nothing worthwhile. Finding her boredom steadily increasing, Ying tilted back her head and sounded a short summons for @Lei.
[ hover for translations ]
sequoia coast · open for threads (3/5)
YUÈLÓNG
37 Posts
Ooc — H2O
the call of a powerful voice beckoned her to come towards it, lei lei took the ground with a lope and saw her seabreeze cousin lazily calling for her. with a skip in her step, the stormcloud cousin bounded her way over and brushed her nose against the white fur of ying, a curious glint in her eye.

"you called?" she asked, tail wagging behind her.
"Mandarin" | "English"
857 Posts
Ooc — nami
Oh, shit. She turned to face her cousin, smiling across both cheeks. With her tail wagging steadily behind her, Ying added, You scared me! Long legs carried her down the perch, her ears swiveling as an invitation for Lei Lei to do the same. There was something that she wanted to talk about, but they would need to keep moving to prevent looking suspicious.

She swished her tail, beckoning her cousin closer, so that their bodies might be perfectly aligned. Ying spoke at a hushed whisper — This stays between us. — while looking over either shoulder for curious ears. I'm having some concerns, and I need to talk to someone. You and Ruo are the two I trust the most right now.
YUÈLÓNG
37 Posts
Ooc — H2O
The curse word brought a smile onto the stormcloud's face, though her attention was brought to Ying wanting to move away, with Lei Lei at her side. The darker cousin found her place next to her lighter one, shoulder to shoulder. A bit of concern could be seen on the girl's face with Ying's explanation, what could be on her mind? She wasn't surprised when Ruo was brought up, she hardly spoke at times unless spoken to first; an easy secret keeper.

"what's happening, ying?" she was curious, like a little child being told a classroom secret.
"Mandarin" | "English"
857 Posts
Ooc — nami
Again, she checked their surroundings. There didn't appear to be anyone nearby, but Ying led her cousin to a nearby den for added security. She stepped inside first, tail flagging low behind her as an inconspicuous invitation for Lei to do the same.

She settled into a corner of the den and drew in a deep breath. I have doubts about Hua, Ying admitted. Talking about these things felt different while on the island; she didn't feel sly, but rather dirty. Was this who she had become?

There would be time to think about it later. I'm worried about the pack's safety, so I'm forming a jūnshì to protect us, but it's a secret. Lei was strong enough to serve, if she so wished. In fact, she would have been the perfect enlistee, second only to Kun. Will you help me?
YUÈLÓNG
37 Posts
Ooc — H2O
lei lei felt color drain from her face at ying's words. doubting her own sister? what could hua have done to create such a feeling? the pack was brand new and already there is an idea of mutiny within. the stormcloud felt her tail swing itself next to her leg tightly. "why do you doubt your sister?" she asked, curious about ying's answer. while lei lei got along well with hua, she never would know what ying or mei knows; sisters had a greater connection than the cousins did.

the fact ying was sharing this concern made lei lei at least feel a twinge of happiness to know she is trusted with something important. but now all she could feel was worried. creating something right under the noses of others? what would this mean for their family? "i've always been willing to help you, ying, and i won't stop now. but... what happens if they find out? this could lead to worse things in our family." rarely lei lei thought of consequences, but reflecting on the hell of a time she went through while alone, creating a rift in the family she had now didn't seem like a smart idea.
"Mandarin" | "English"
857 Posts
Ooc — nami
Things happened too quickly. She hadn't meant for her gift to become something so large and out of control. The power was going to Hua's head and causing her to make bad decisions, choices that she wouldn't have otherwise made. She's not ready to lead, not alone. Ying didn't want to lead anything either, but she was willing to step forward if the need arose.

The concern was clear in Lei's voice. Ying hadn't meant to raise her cousin's emotions, but knew that the conversation was necessary. I'm not— we aren't doing anything bad. She already knows that it exists, so it isn't...it's not as bad as it sounds. It was, of course, but that detail wasn't important.