Hushed Willows Summon all the courage you require
Everything lies within Emotion
483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
All Welcome 
For the faeries!

Her court of wonders was coming along nicely. The borders strengthened every day, and their member count had hit a peak. There was nothing standing in their way now and, as temperatures had risen and snow began to melt, it was clear spring was near. Just a moon at most did the fae give herself to establish them, if only so they could spawn their pixies before the season's end.

She fluttered out the cave of wonders into the thickest part of their forest; the left-over ice on the willow branches glittering and shimmering in the rays of sunshine. They created a rainbow of colors the queen got entranced by.
my power they'll never take
44 Posts
Ooc —
Away
The beauty of the faerie queen was not debatable, therefore very debatable in the eyes of the less than fae. A girl so young did not deserve nor could carry the sheer weight of this role, she was no queen. It reminded her of her times daydreaming of being the lady of the hunt. Leadership was a practice, not a self proclaimed right. There is a reason there are leaders dubbed tyrants and dictator alike. The girl may have been been born in this land, though it did not mean she had any right to claim it. She definitely had nor right over the wandering fae such as herself.

Not unlike Orlaith; she possessed a fiery spirit not to be reckoned with. Aoibh would inspect Lumiya for every step she took, challenge everything she did, for all her "court" was? a silly replication of the faerie court, the same home of bastards who did not care for there true blood. Aoibh had no care for thanes, queens, or kings. It did not mean the prospect of leadership did not appeal to her. And it definitely meant no simple wild girl could rule over a brood of faeries. She wasn't of age! Too inexperienced! 

Not matter how high her prestige and glamour was, Aoibh could bear to knock the girl down a few pegs or . . . ten. 

❝ Lumiya, ❞ she had poised herself as rigidly and towering as she could, to let the girl no she was the smaller of them. Aoibh meant to spark trouble in her eyes, to fuel any anger or discontent in her heart. Test her. ❝ I think me and ye need to talk a bit. ❞
483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
The fae was of age - she was as much an adult as the others, a yearling as far as she knew - or almost. She had endured countless heartbreaks and had observed the very best in leadership from the shadows; studied, and possessed a kind heart. Few could say they were bred and born for the position; even fewer could say they were worthy, if there even was such a thing. The queen wanted but the best for those that decided to befriend her and stand beside her - not 'neath her - to build a home. She wasn't forcing anyone among their ranks; if one was not satisfied with her ruling and her decisions, they were free to leave.

Aoibh gave off an air of deviance, despite her sweet sister that seemed more than pleased with her spot among the willows, and it worried Lumi ever so slightly. She had stood up to Orlaith and would stand up against even the meanest of foes to defend her existence - her place, for she had put in the effort to build this and not Aoibh. In fact, Aoibh was acting more childish than the youthful fae that had come from this realm.

Please, do tell me what's on your mind. She responded calmly - serenely - as she wafted her tail as a flag, proudly in the air. This was the only sign of dominance she displayed directly, but the gaze that rested upon the fire faerie was one of curiosity at best and suspicion at worst.
44 Posts
Ooc —
Away
❝ Sad to say, but you may keep your niceties, youngling, ❞ Aoibh remarked with a haughty tone, regaining a common accent. This was no game, not to her at least. Heartbreak? Hah! only fools and widows dwell in the aftermaths of heartbreak, she's the one who destroys hearts, with a proud grin to moreover. Aoibh did not have the choice to leave, as she was bound through womb and blood to her sister. Once described as pleasant, now deviant, a deviant fae she was, and not all ashamed to be. The fae was convinced her visions were better; Lumiya was a child still, she knew nothing! A yearling is no adult, as much as the girl would like to argue. 

Rather than challenge for her rank, no, Aoibh would watch her every move for a falter, a simple misstep, concern her with the most blasphemous things, make it all as hard as possible. Maybe she was somewhat twisted on the inside, but kind hellos and ass kissing only got whores to the bedside. Aoibh had n shame with being "childish", but it could go by so many other names. Ambition was only the first of many. Ambition exposed the hunter form the prey, no matter the pursuit. Deidra was a hunter, grappling for knowledge of nature and its healing to save the lives of others; Fionn was prey, there to give the hunters pleasure. 

Aoibh merely etched a rigid smile on her face. ❝ You know who i am, and what I'm like — what I'm about. I'm not about of some or any child barely a year old leading a pack of adults. Just here to ask what you plan on doing, my queen, ❞ the words were draped with a childlike malice, coaxing the smaller fae into agression, she hoped. Confusion was a good tool, dampen her senses with hwavy tiles like queen, make her think for once. 
483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
The fae was slow to anger, but the other toed the line. Even if Aoibh attained a hundred years of age, her actions told a different story; one of entitlement, jealousy... Lumiya had never felt entitled to anything, to stand taller than ever before was a new development that had taken much time and internal therapy. Her confidence had peaked, rising steadily, but it wasn't enough. Aoibh possessed too much of it, so the queen thought, and that revelation would become clearer in times to come.

The other spoke boldly - too boldly - and the queen felt like she didn't owe her the satisfaction of an answer. The plan had been simple from the beginning; to create a heaven of peace. Anyone that would disturb that peace would suffer the wrath of the faerie queen and those that had decided to follow her, even if the disturbance was caused by one of their own. It took her a while to realize that her own emotions and morals did not come before the pack, and if there was even a ripple in the water she would set them aside. She held no attachment to Aoibh in particular, which made the notion easier, but she could not imagine banishing her... Or could she?

This child has welcomed you into her home — has nourished and protected you, and will continue to do so for this court 'till the waves flatten and the sun dies out. There wasn't a trace of malice or anger in her melodic voice that spoke so often in metaphors and riddles. If you are dissatisfied with me or this very court that has welcomed you, I implore you to consider leaving this realm altogether. She advised, her muzzle raised in a poised manner. If the queen was being honest with herself, she did not need Aoibh - she did not need anyone that would defy her in the end and speak half-truths behind her back.
44 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Aoibh almost bit her tongue in sheer frustration at this girl's entitlement. Sh wouldn't let the slew of curses escape of her tongue though, not yet anyways. ❝ Be kind about what you say, Lumiya. You have not nourished me. The only one I hunted with here is Orlaith. It was us with the intent to nourish those who live here, ❞ she began, while her words were slowly calculated, her her spirit was feelin unrested and hot. ❝ You protect me from nothing. There hasn't even been a dnager to pass here since we arrived. The only thing that protects us here is the willows from the boring assortment of aspen trees and perhaps harsh sunlight and rain. ❞

How dare she insinuate Aoibh was another piece of trash to thrown away? Did the queen want to fight? ❝ You do realize your leading a court of those all elder than you? If you mess up, who's to turn to? If you really believe you can do this by yourself, I worry for my sister's involvement in this. I need to know you know exactly what you're doing, ❞ she snapped And I have the right, since you so kindly let me into your home. ❞
483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
I dug the caches you eat out of - I filled them like any other. How dare the entitled brat think she was the only one doing anything around here. She had yet to see the rude woman walking borders - even her sister had walked with her before, but not Aoibh. It was fine if she was off hunting everything she could, but their caches seemed to insinuate something else; as far as the queen knew, the woman was doing very little for the court. Secretly, she did not wonder why she'd gotten thrown out of their former court... but that was so awful to think of that she would never get it out of her mouth - not even if it was forced. There has been potential for danger - not that you would know, as you never do answer the calls. We've driven off many strangers, and one day they won't be as kind as those that have now left us in peace. Keeping the peace was the key to success, so Lumi believed; but Aoibh did not seem like the peaceful kind. She then wondered if Aoibh even wanted to be a faerie, as their existence has always relied on peace and friendliness... Was she doing this just to keep close to her sister?

Wisdom only rarely comes with age — it's childish to think no one makes mistakes. It appears I've already made one by letting you join us, but that remains to be seen. She responded then, her rage calm and calculated - her anger nearly always turned to ice, not fire. Again she wanted the plan, the one she'd already explained; as if there was more to her motive than just creating a place of peace and tranquility. It was obvious all she wanted was a place to belong, one she could build from the ground up with those she cared about, and that cared about her. Neither was the case with Aoibh. Raising her chin up just the slightest bit more, she said; If you disrespect me again, I will not hesitate to banish you.
44 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Feel free to maybe follow her or we can start a new thread with a gruding apology, lmao.

If Aoibh could roll her eyes any harder, she might damage something. Well, Lumiya had dug holes for them. Pleasurable. Hell, even a rabbit good do good work building and intricate community of burrows and construct an empire of a warden, albeit by himself. For once, the huntress thought better than too spit out another insult, her eyes were wary with agitation and a quietly stirring malice, that had better kept being subsided. Anyone would rue the day it came alive to her surface. It wasn't fair. I should be right. It isn't fair. The frustrations that plagued her since her early days of puphood were demeaning her eyesight. Always feeling rejected by her mother. It isn't not my fault. Her father's soft gaze of disappointment. It was never fair for me. Looked differently while sister received ballads of praise and adoration. I hate them. Being exiled. I never had a chance. Being told off by Lumiya. She can't be smarter than me.

Fuck. All her points and were sturdy and well, and they were all truthful. One would assume she was so strongly stubborn, she won, or at least assumed she won every dispute. Though, at times, she felt utterly defeated on the inside. It was no secret she was easily disliked, and she knew it. She always blamed her demeanor on her history and parenting, but maybe she was just horrible in that sense. Her resolve was just a slew of curses to most issues she faced. Aoibh is ignorant. She is horribly stubborn. Entitled. Less than. I hate this, I hate myself. Anger felt like her only way out. Maybe that was all it was, destined to be alone and an exile forever. She has't answered any calls, because she simply didn't care. There was a list of reasons she could pass by with, but she was just that, angry Lumiya had something she didn't. Individuals who were devoted to her, a kindness and passion unmatched, elegant beauty, easily loved.

Her heart felt numb with the promise of another exile. Maybe she was better off that way, she wasn't made for others. Others certainly weren't made for her. Frustration quickly translated into tears kissing her pupils in pure ardor.  ❝ Enjoy yourself then, you've proven you're better than me. Relish in it, ❞ her voice resorts to a soft growl to hide her broken tones. Her body hopes to surrender to the escape of the willows, perhaps they could stay and droop and weather like fish carcass together. She supposed after a clear revelation, she had learned something. She understood why she simply couldn't win. Amd why she was less than. 
483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Let's make this onea 10-post thread (your next post would be the last) then move on with a new one <3 I do love this drama

Perhaps if Lumi had known Aoibh a little better, she wouldn't have been so harsh. She knew her words could cut like knives, despite the gentle nature and tone. She had a lot left to learn if she ever wanted to become a therapist, but perhaps this was the biggest challenge she'd ever face and it was smooth sailing from here on out. That was wishful thinking, she knew, but her anger clouded her sensible mind and left only the hopeful parts of her that desperately grabbed at straws.

No. No that wasn't right. Lumiya wasn't better than any other being, everyone was worthy, you just had to work a little harder on yourself and... and... The stern expression she had held up for their confrontation softened and became one of worry. Had she gone too far with her promise of banishment for all those who opposed her? Was she to let others jeopardize her plans and disrespect her? Where did one draw the line? Ruling with an iron fist wasn't the right way, but neither was becoming a doormat. Had her judgement of the other young fae been misplaced?

No - Aoibh - That's not what I meant, please... But it was, most likely, already too late. Her voice had turned into not much more than a whisper, a whimper on the wind, trailing after a running figure desperate to escape her clutches. She wasn't planning on chasing, knowing that whatever was going on was better left in silence for the time being.
44 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Lumiya could keep whatever words flitted uselessly in her mouth, whatever it was, Aoibh didn't want to hear it, much less bear the hurt and weight of whatever remark she had in store. It was unhealthy to keep memories like this that did not benefit her, as her mother did say, but she also spoke with her eyes to Aoibh her whole life, she was a less than faerie. And they were all right. This wasn't the first nor the last time the realization had made her consciousness come crashing down to her shaking legs, or her heart beat faster as sobs rolled down her matted cheeks. Let Lumiya relish like a wealthy thane in his keep, free of concern of opposers, her queendom . . . and she?

But a less than faerie.